About AMC Airlines
Aircraft Maintenance Company, which is an Egyptian private airline
The AMC Company is established as the first Egyptian independent private company for aircraft maintenance and overhaul at the Egyptian airport to service the local private and foreign airlines. It is licensed to perform all kinds of maintenance according to the ministry of transportation civil aviation sector order no .357/tt/1988 dated 17/07/1988. In 12/10/93, AMC obtained the approval according to ministerial order no .310/92 for charter flight.
- AMC Airlines is a joint stock company which has been established under the laws of Arab Republic of Egypt in 1988.
- 1989, AMC acquired an air taxi operator’s license.
- 1992 AMC acquired its passenger charter operator’s license.
- In late 1992 AMC Purchased B737-200.
- 1993-1997 Leased two B737-400.
- 1994 Purchased A300B4.
- 1997 Delivery of the first MD-90ER.
- 1997-2001 Fleet expands to 7 aircraft. one A300B4, one B737-200 and five MD-90ER
- 2000 started experiencing MD90 engine manufacturing problems, followed by September 11th, 2001 resulting in returning back the MD90 fleet.
- November 2001 Acquired 49% ownership in Air Mali and increased the United Nations flights to outset the September 11 effect on the Charter flights.
- July 2002 takes delivery of the A310-300 MSN 437 from Ansett Worldwide.
- December 2003 (the Charter operations recovers), takes delivery of two MD-83’s MSN 53191 and 53192 from Ansett Worldwide.
- March 2006 delivery of the first B737-800 out of seven aircrafts
- In 2007, the third & forth B.737-800 NG delivered to AMC.
- According to AMC plan, the B737-800 NG fleet was supposed to be complete (seven airplanes) on 2010, however because of world wide economical recession and marketing considerations,the plan has been postponed to 2013.