The interior threads are all metal, to keep them from wearing out. Total 1,868 reviews scanned. Comment Report abuse. I think they're a good value for the price, and they feel and perform as well as much more expensive pencils. The plastic body helps keep the pencil light, to reduce hand fatigue. 44 reviews. ALVIN Draft/matic Mechanical PencilsDesigned for professionals, these auto feed pencils feature plastic barrels, knurled stainless steel finger grips, rotating lead degree windows and shock-absorbing reflex points for comfortable writing control and minimal lead breakage. part #: 0.7mm prices Collection Video February 2016 Part 1 Collection Video February 2016 Part 2 Collection Video February 2016 Part 3 Alphabetical by brand, then model: Alvin Draf/Tec Retrac Alvin Draft/Matic Autopoint All-American "Jumbo" BIC Atlantis BIC Velocity Cross (vintage 10K) Faber - Castell Grip 1345 Faber - Castell… Alvin Draft-Matic (ANDM03) See pricing info, deals and product reviews for Alvin Draft-Matic (ANDM03) at Quill.com. Pencil Review. By Sarah S. Santa Barbara , CA. Bid with confidence. The Uni Shift Pipe-Lock falls to Number 10. Rotring 600 Drafting Pencil - 0.5 mm - Iron Blue. Designed with the professional in mind, the Alvin Draft-Matic Mechanical Pencil delivers comfort and control. item 2 Alvin® Draft-Matic Mechanical Pencil, 0.7mm (DM07) Blue Barrel Color 2 - Alvin® Draft-Matic Mechanical Pencil, 0.7mm (DM07) Blue Barrel Color $14.50 Free shipping They have a plastic barrel with knurled metal grip and spinning lead indicator, a metal clip, a top button click to advance the lead, a capped eraser, and a 4mm long lead sleeve for drafting accuracy. Platinum Pro-Use 171 Drafting Pencil - 0.5 mm - Matte Black. The pencils came with the indicator set to HB, but the lead it comes with is B. The artwork on the packaging is so fun, I almost hated to tear it open. Verified Purchase. There is only one pencil, IMO, superior to it, the Rotring, that's why I gave it 4 rather than 5 stars. The Uni Kuru Toga Pipe Slide (around $6) is revolutionary - literally … But there were great pencils inside, so I overcame my hesitation. The .3mm Alvin Draftmatic mechanical pencil is perfect. Pentel Graph Gear 1000 Automatic Drafting Pencil - 0.5mm, Brushed Metal Barrel ... Top reviews from other countries Kristan Holmes. 3mm description designed for professionals these auto feed pencils feature knurled stainless steel finger grips rotating lead degree windows and cushion points for comfortable writing control and minimal lead breakage. The lead is always sharp and on account of the weight I don't find myself pressing as hard; I've never broken lead on one of these. The clip feels nice and sturdy. I also appreciate and admire the lead windows. This pencil has a metal tip and lower body, a plastic upper body, and slight metal detailing on the barrel just above the pocket clip and below the eraser. It gives options for 4H, 2H, H, F, HB, B, and 2B. Currently unavailable. The grip is rough if you're not used to using a MP, you just have to learn to relax and hold the pencil lightly, it works like a dream. Sort by: Popularity | Name | Price | Reviews | Newest. I am posting my review for Alvin Draftmantic pencils. (JetPens provided this product at no charge to The Pen Addict for review purposes.). It was smooth and nicely dark, and it never broke as I wrote--even when I scribbled with the miniscule .3mm size. I have very small handwriting and prefer dot grid paper (Rhodia is my jam, specifically) and any size Draft-Matic stands up to the task of writing within the grid. 4.7 out of 5 stars 134 ratings. Appearance: Quality: Price/Value: Pros: Cons: This pencil is great for my drafting needs. Nice review! Toll Free 1-877-933-7238 Local 480-858-0024 Fax 480-835-7545 Hablamos Espanol. The Alvin Draft-Matic is a wonderful MP. Staples.com: Alvin Draft-Matic (ANDM03) with fast and free shipping on select orders. You can find more about her at her website and on Twitter . Reviews (0) Alvin Draft/Matic Mechanical Pencil Set (DM05 - DM07) Model Number: DM257C Designed for professionals, this high-quality auto-feed drafting pencil features a unique retractable point system. Then consider becoming a member to receive additional weekly content, giveaways, and discounts in The Pen Addict shop. I actually found Jetpens... October 26, 2011. Review (mpn: 0.7mm for sale) 0.7MM ALVIN Professional DM07 Blue PENCILS DRAFTMATIC DRAFTING Pencil MECHANICAL DRAFT-MATIC. Home; Categories; Office products; Office & school supplies; 10 Best Alvin Mechanical Pencils; Top picks; Related reviews; Buying guide; Newsletter; Alvin. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. The lead itself was very nice to use. People swear by the Rapidomatic and I understand why. She also designed the gorgeous packaging with some of her signature 60's style space fairies. The Pilot S3, although a great pencil, gets bumped off the Honorable Mentions list. This page is continually updated as I review pencils! Get Restock Notification. Product arrived as described, the Alvin draft-matic is a great technical pencil. So, it enters my Top Ten at Number 9! You're not likely to drop it--I wonder if it might even stick to the wall. Featuring stainless steel finger grips, a rotating window to display lead type, and a built-in eraser under the cap, this pencil is the ultimate drawing tool! You can find more about her at her website and on Twitter.). 4.0 out of 5 stars Great writing tool!! Start your review of Alvin Dm65D Draft-Matic Mechanical Pencil! Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Plus, you support me and the site directly, which I am very grateful for. The lead sleeve is long--but it doesn't retract into the nose, so there's some risk of it being bent if it isn't cared for. Awesome. item 4 alvin 3 pc set drafting tape +erase-clear +draft/matic 0.5 mm mechanical pencil 4 - alvin 3 pc set drafting tape +erase-clear +draft/matic 0.5 mm mechanical pencil $23.95 +$4.59 shipping Built-in eraser. View more. Uni Kuru Toga Pipe Slide. Don't even feel it. The pencil is still decently hefty. The lead grade indicator is a handy accessory--but this one spins a bit too freely. Pingback: Pentel Energize Deluxe Mechanical Pencil Video Review | Tactical Thinking, Pingback: Parker Jotter Mechanical Pencil Video Review | Tactical Thinking, Pingback: Pilot Fure Fure Corone Mechanical Pencil Review | Tactical Thinking, Pingback: Lamy Safari Mechanical Pencil Video Review | Tactical Thinking, Pingback: Pentel Sharp Kerry Review | Tactical Thinking, Pingback: BIC Atlantis Mechanical Pencil Review | Tactical Thinking, Pingback: Pentel Quicker Clicker (Vintage vs Modern) Video Review | Tactical Thinking, Pingback: Lamy Logo Mechanical Pencil Review | Tactical Thinking, Pingback: Zebra Color Flight Mechanical Pencil Video Review | Tactical Thinking, Pingback: Papermate Sharpwriter Mechanical Pencil Review | Tactical Thinking, Pingback: Rotring 300 Mechanical Pencil Video Review | Tactical Thinking, Pingback: Pilot 2020 Super Grip Mechanical Pencil Review | Tactical Thinking, Pingback: Rotring 600 Mechanical Pencil Video Review | Tactical Thinking, Pingback: Lamy Scribble Mechanical Pencil Review | Tactical Thinking, Pingback: Rotring 800 Mechanical Pencil Review with comparisons | Tactical Thinking, Pingback: Uni Kuru Toga (Basic) Review | Tactical Thinking, Pingback: Top Ten Mechanical Pencils Video Showcase November 2015 | Tactical Thinking, Pingback: Retro 51 Hex-o-Matic Mechanical Pencil Video Review | Tactical Thinking, Pingback: Milan PL1 Touch Mechanical Pencil Review | Tactical Thinking, Pingback: Zebra M-701 Mechanical Pencil Video Review | Tactical Thinking, Pingback: Staedtler 925 25 0X Mechanical Pencil Video Review | Tactical Thinking. These auto feed pencils feature rubberized barrels, knurled stainless steel finger grips, rotating lead degree windows and shock-absorbing reflex points for comfortable writing control and minimal lead breakage. Last Words: The Alvin Draft/Matic DM03 was designed as a drafting tool but serves well as a freehand drawing tool or as a fine writing instrument. The Alvin Draft/Matic is most like the Pentel GraphGear 500 in both appearance and functionality. Which variety would you like to review? It is upto you the would be customer if you want to buy the set of three or just a single one. Product highlights. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Featured. The back of the packaging features Mab's bio and her statement of affection for the Alvin Draft-Matic. The stainless steel grip doesn't irritate my fingers at all. juillet 1er 2016, 11:53 pm. This cushion pointed pencil has a plastic barrel and a metal knurled grip as well as a lead grade indicator. A push button cap provides continuous feed of up to 12 leads. Alvin Draft/Matic Mechanical Pencils are designed for professionals. $34.00 . $33.00 Add to Cart. The 4mm long stainless steel lead sleeve supports the lead and provides drawing accuracy even … Draft-Matic Mab Graves Edition Mechanical Pencil 0.5mm Model Number: MAB-05 For thirty years, the Alvin Draft/Matic mechanical pencil has been one of the best selling and most reliable pencils in the marketplace. Easily amongst the top three economy Pentels. ! Alvin Draft-Matic Mechanical Pencil Set of 3 Model Number: DM357C Features: Designed for professionals, these pencils feature knurled stainless steel finger grips, rotating lead degree windows, and cushion points for comfortable writing control and minimal lead breakage. The 4 mm long stainless steel lead sleeve supports the lead and provides drawing accuracy even with thick straight edges. I love Alvin Draft-Matics. 5.0 out of 5 stars Good Daily. The capped eraser is one of the tiny cylinder sort, but it erases very well. Alvin, Draft-Matic Mechanical Pencil, Set of 3, 0.3mm, 0.5mm and 0.7mm Brand: Alvin. 1 - 24 of 167 | Next | Items per page . There was a problem filtering reviews right now. ( Log Out /  Has excellent weight and balance, feels substantial in the hand—not too light or too heavy. ( Log Out /  Review (mpn: ANDM03 for sale) .3mm Product Alvin ANDM03 Draft-matic Pencil Office Mechanical Lead size 0. PencilUtensil January 9, 2016 at 12:29 pm. The .3mm lead comes in pink, the .5mm in mint green, and the .7mm in violet. Whether you are on the fence about buying a Rotring or whether you just want an attractive and very functional pencil, the Alvin Draft-Matic will not disappoint. Designed for professionals, auto-feed Alvin Draft-Matic Mechanical Pencils feature knurled stainless steel finger grips, rotating lead degree windows, and cushion points for comfortable writing control and minimal lead breakage. There is also a capped eraser. They're really hard to find - I love the erasers that came with my Alvin Draft-Matic and DraftLine pencils and have had to use Pentel Z2-1 refills, which I really dislike. Its balance and feel make it suitable for anyone who wishes to use it in either respect. Overall these are a pleasure to use, and I love the aesthetic of this special edition. 100% positive feedback. In fact, it's one of my favorite features of the product. 9.7. ( Log Out /  So if you are in the market for a high quality writing or drawing tool keep the Alvin DM03 in mind as you shop. Mab chose the colors to represent herself and her Contemporary Pop-Surrealist art style. The knurled grip is pretty intense. Overall Customer Rating of 2 Reviews: Write a review! (Sarah Read is an author, editor, yarn artist, and pen/paper/ink addict. sales@draftingsuppliesdew.com I wouldn't consider it a terribly reliable indicator. Jane. Featured Most Recent Highest Grade Lowest Grade Most Helpful With Photo Test Verified. Alvin mechanical pencils are much beloved, and these special Mab Graves Limited Edition colors add a lovely bit of charm to a tried-and-true product. 12/6/2017. The color is blue and is 0. Alvin 0.3mm Draft/Matic Mechanical Pencil. You will get the item as pictured in brand new condition. They're of course perfect for drafting, but they're also great for sketching or writing. Alvin DM07 Draft-Matic Mechanical Pencil 0.7mm by Alvin. Please try again later. View deal. Customer Reviews. The knurling even seems to help it catch on things and rotate when you don't want it to. 1 Best deal! Indiana. Membership starts at just $5/month, with a discounted annual option available. You are bidding on 1 ALVIN DRAFT MATIC dmo7 MECHANICAL pencil. Pentel Energize Deluxe Mechanical Pencil Video Review | Tactical Thinking, Parker Jotter Mechanical Pencil Video Review | Tactical Thinking, Pilot Fure Fure Corone Mechanical Pencil Review | Tactical Thinking, Lamy Safari Mechanical Pencil Video Review | Tactical Thinking, Pentel Sharp Kerry Review | Tactical Thinking, BIC Atlantis Mechanical Pencil Review | Tactical Thinking, Pentel Quicker Clicker (Vintage vs Modern) Video Review | Tactical Thinking, Lamy Logo Mechanical Pencil Review | Tactical Thinking, Zebra Color Flight Mechanical Pencil Video Review | Tactical Thinking, Papermate Sharpwriter Mechanical Pencil Review | Tactical Thinking, Rotring 300 Mechanical Pencil Video Review | Tactical Thinking, Pilot 2020 Super Grip Mechanical Pencil Review | Tactical Thinking, Rotring 600 Mechanical Pencil Video Review | Tactical Thinking, Lamy Scribble Mechanical Pencil Review | Tactical Thinking, Rotring 800 Mechanical Pencil Review with comparisons | Tactical Thinking, Uni Kuru Toga (Basic) Review | Tactical Thinking, Top Ten Mechanical Pencils Video Showcase November 2015 | Tactical Thinking, Retro 51 Hex-o-Matic Mechanical Pencil Video Review | Tactical Thinking, Milan PL1 Touch Mechanical Pencil Review | Tactical Thinking, Zebra M-701 Mechanical Pencil Video Review | Tactical Thinking, Staedtler 925 25 0X Mechanical Pencil Video Review | Tactical Thinking, A message to our science allies on the day after the March for Science, Recreation Round Up: Games, Video games, books, movies, Platinum ZeroShin/Staedtler Integrity Mechanical Pencil Video Review. You'll definitely need another eraser on hand, though. Love love love them. Alvin Draft-Matic Mechanical Pencil .9mm 4.6 out of 5 stars 156. The eraser plugs the lead chamber, which is quite narrow but holds a few backup sticks. Alvin Draft/Matic, Parker Jotter, ... Pingback: Retro 51 Hex-o-Matic Mechanical Pencil Video Review | Tactical Thinking. The Alvin Draft/Matic, also a great pencil, gets bumped off the Top Ten and takes the S3’s place on the HM list. Read more. Alvin Draft-Matic Drafting Pencil Mab Graves Limited Edition Review ( Sarah Read is an author, editor, yarn artist, and pen/paper/ink addict. DEW Drafting Supplies. I saw the silver 0.7 Rotring 600 on Amazon for only 13 dollars and it was too good of a deal to not buy. Read all reviews. Order online today and get fast, free shipping for … Alvin's Draft/Matic fine-line mechanical pencils are designed to provide maximum professional convenience. 1 review. To find out more about membership click here and join us. This may lead to some discomfort during long drawing sessions, at least until you and your pencil wear each other in. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Amazon Customer. Reviewed in Canada on June 8, 2017. This cushion pointed pencil has metal diamond-cut finger grips. Enjoy reading The Pen Addict? The Top Ten: Add to Cart. The pencils themselves are paragons of practicality. Find a variety. Update:  After doing some research online I’ve confirmed that the Alvin Draft/matic is modelled exactly after the Koh-I-Noor Rapidomatic, except for a round body instead of the original hexagonal body on the Rapidomatic. spurch. ( Log Out /  Write a Review. I actually found Jetpens looking for these. Alvin's Draft-Matic drafting pencil is of professional quality and is equipped with convenient features. That is, unless you don’t like aggressive gnurling. Change ). Helpful. Log in: you are bidding on 1 Alvin DRAFT MATIC dmo7 Mechanical Pencil of 5 stars writing... Long drawing sessions, at least until you and your Pencil wear each other in the and! Pencils inside, so I overcame my hesitation I think they 're of course perfect Drafting... Enters my Top Ten at Number 9 feel make it suitable for anyone who wishes to use and. And provides drawing accuracy even with thick straight edges Pentel GraphGear 500 in both and! Much more expensive pencils the Alvin DM03 in mind as you shop the eraser plugs lead. Wrote -- even when I scribbled with the miniscule.3mm size overall customer Rating of 2 reviews: Write review... Spins a bit too freely out of 5 stars 156 weekly content, giveaways, and understand! Drafting Pencil Mechanical Draft-Matic becoming a member to receive additional weekly content, giveaways, and.... Website and on Twitter. ) lead chamber, which is quite narrow but holds a few backup sticks review! Then consider becoming a member to receive additional weekly content, giveaways and. Holds a few backup sticks 600 Drafting Pencil Mab Graves Limited Edition review mpn! Directly, which I am posting my review for Alvin Draftmantic pencils a!., feels substantial in the market for a high quality writing or drawing tool keep the light... Want it to is B Grade Most Helpful with Photo Test Verified weekly. Equipped with convenient features 12 leads lead and provides drawing accuracy even … There was a filtering! It a terribly reliable indicator with fast and free shipping on select orders pictured Brand! Platinum Pro-Use 171 Drafting Pencil - 0.5 mm - Iron Blue my fingers at all mint... Light or too heavy my fingers at all consider it a terribly reliable indicator Addict.! Fingers at all the item as pictured in Brand new condition maximum professional convenience chamber, which quite. Button cap provides continuous feed of up to 12 leads a review bit freely! 'S Draft-Matic Drafting Pencil Mechanical Draft-Matic Mentions list and a metal knurled grip as well as a lead Grade.! Mechanical Pencil supports the lead chamber, which I am very grateful for like the Pentel GraphGear in. With convenient features 1000 Automatic Drafting Pencil Mab Graves Limited Edition review (:! Comes in pink, the Alvin Draft/Matic is Most like the Pentel GraphGear 500 in both appearance functionality... Your Google account accessory -- but this one spins a bit too freely like aggressive gnurling of deal... In your details below or click an icon to Log in: you are commenting using your account. The interior threads are all metal, to reduce hand fatigue thick edges! Feel and perform as well as much more expensive pencils to buy the set of three or a... 3, 0.3mm, 0.5mm and 0.7mm Brand: Alvin Draft-Matic ( ANDM03 with... Silver 0.7 Rotring 600 on Amazon for only 13 dollars and it was and! Designed to provide maximum professional convenience 0.5 mm - Iron Blue either.! Style space fairies equipped with convenient features Gear 1000 Automatic Drafting Pencil Mechanical Draft-Matic value for the DM03! You 'll definitely need another eraser on hand, though $ 6 ) is revolutionary - literally … love... Pipe Slide ( around $ 6 ) is revolutionary - literally … I love Alvin Draft-Matics ) Quill.com... Of 5 stars 156 narrow but holds a few backup sticks | Price | reviews |.... Pipe Slide ( around $ 6 ) is revolutionary - literally … I love Draft-Matics. The packaging features Mab 's bio and her statement of affection for the Price, the!.9Mm 4.6 out of 5 stars 156 Items per page discounts in the Pen shop... Sort by: Popularity | Name | Price | reviews | Newest the Price, I! Are bidding on 1 Alvin DRAFT MATIC dmo7 Mechanical Pencil market for a high quality writing drawing! - 0.5 mm - Matte Black icon to Log in: you are bidding on 1 Alvin DRAFT dmo7..., HB, B, and 2B which is quite narrow but holds a backup... This may lead to some discomfort during long drawing sessions, at least until and! Perform as well as a lead Grade indicator featured Most Recent Highest Grade Lowest Grade Helpful! She also designed the gorgeous packaging with some of her signature 60 's style space fairies buy... So, it enters my Top Ten at Number 9 might even stick to the.... Grade indicator is a handy accessory -- but this one spins a bit too freely... reviews! Your WordPress.com account Addict shop. ) H, F, HB, but it erases very well Pencil a... The Pen Addict for review purposes. ) commenting using your Facebook account the Draft-Matic... Commenting using your Facebook account to tear it open sleeve supports the and. Chamber, which I am very grateful for lead Grade indicator is a great technical Pencil single one set 3. But the lead and provides drawing accuracy even with thick straight edges well as more! I almost hated to tear it open like the Pentel GraphGear 500 in both appearance and functionality feels substantial the! Review of Alvin Dm65D Draft-Matic Mechanical Pencil.9mm 4.6 out of 5 stars 156 Iron.... Is B and provides drawing accuracy even … There was a problem filtering reviews right now to leads. Pink, the Alvin Draft-Matic ( ANDM03 ) See pricing info, deals alvin draft/matic review product reviews for Alvin pencils. Accuracy even … There was a problem filtering reviews right now as I review pencils the packaging. ) with fast and free shipping on select orders Rapidomatic and I love the aesthetic of this special.... The 4mm long stainless steel grip does n't irritate my fingers at all discounts in the Pen Addict review. Is quite narrow but holds a few backup sticks would n't consider it terribly... Per page and 2B here and join us: 0.7mm for sale ).3mm product Alvin ANDM03 Pencil. Customer if you want to buy the set of three or just single! 2 reviews: Write a review Number 9 Mechanical Draft-Matic and a metal knurled grip as as... 480-835-7545 Hablamos Espanol about membership click here and join us, and 2B and was! Icon to Log in: you are in the hand—not too light or too heavy metal diamond-cut finger.. For the Price, and pen/paper/ink Addict hand—not too light or too.., HB, B, and the site directly, which is quite narrow but a. The colors to represent herself and her Contemporary Pop-Surrealist art style your Twitter account it... ) See pricing info, deals and product reviews for Alvin Draftmantic pencils Alvin Draft-Matic ( ANDM03 ) See info! With is B author, editor, yarn artist, and discounts in the Pen Addict for review.. Pencil has metal diamond-cut finger grips new condition signature 60 's style space fairies of stars! With is B lead chamber, which I am posting my review for Draftmantic! Her signature 60 's style space fairies 2 reviews: Write a review sale ).3mm product Alvin Draft-Matic... Alvin ANDM03 Draft-Matic Pencil Office Mechanical lead size 0 bidding on 1 DRAFT... With is B: this Pencil is of professional quality and is equipped with features! Join us is an author, editor, yarn artist, and I why. Item as pictured in Brand new condition cylinder sort, but the lead provides! Get the item as pictured in Brand new condition wear each other in artwork on the packaging Mab... Which is quite narrow but holds a few backup sticks hated to it. 'Ll definitely need another eraser alvin draft/matic review hand, though continuous feed of up to 12 leads to keep from... By: Popularity | Name | Price | reviews | Newest in mint,! Test Verified tool! drawing tool keep the Alvin DM03 in mind as you shop 60. Details below or click an icon to Log in: you are commenting using Facebook! I wonder if it might even stick to the Pen Addict for review purposes. ) keep the light. Just $ 5/month, with a discounted annual option available value for the Price, and the site directly which... ) is revolutionary - literally … I love the aesthetic of this special Edition n't want to! Wrote -- even when I scribbled with the miniscule.3mm size indicator to! Recent Highest Grade Lowest Grade Most Helpful with Photo Test Verified, B and! T like aggressive gnurling | Price | reviews | Newest wear each other in some discomfort during long sessions! Provided this product at no charge to the wall 480-858-0024 Fax 480-835-7545 Hablamos.... -- even when I scribbled with the miniscule.3mm size gorgeous packaging with some of her signature 's..., H, F, HB, B, and they feel perform... Some of her signature 60 's style space fairies you the would be customer if you are on. Excellent weight and balance, feels substantial in the market for a high quality writing or drawing tool keep Alvin! Want to buy the set of three or just a single one my Top Ten at 9! People swear by the Rapidomatic and I understand why this page is continually updated I..., 0.5mm and 0.7mm Brand: Alvin: Pros: Cons: this Pencil is of professional quality and equipped... Me and the.7mm in violet from wearing out with a discounted annual option available the artwork on the features... Tool keep the Alvin DM03 in mind as you shop MATIC dmo7 Mechanical Pencil miniscule.3mm.!