Thanks! I felt I pulsed the chick peas enough but still crumbs. Daily Goals. Hmm, leave it out sadly! Amazing! Can these be baked and if so at what temp and time? Recipe by Minimalist Baker. Super tast, easy and no need for all the oil of a regular falafel! Thanks so much! It’s super helpful to us and other readers :D. I have not made this yet but saw another similar recipe with oat flour added. Serve them on pita for a more traditional falafel feel, atop greens for a seriously substantial salad, or wrapped in chard for a naturally gluten-free option. Any suggestions? It’s the first falafel recipe I ever tried and it was way easier than I thought ! Absolutely amazing!!! How many falafel recipes can one person have on their blog? I always use canned chickpeas because the dry ones are almost impossible to find near me. We are so glad you enjoyed this recipe, Anita! And we definately have more influences from the Middle East, due to the fact that we belonged to Ottoman Empire until quite recently in modern history, and also received many greek refugees from the western coast of nowadays Turkey after World War I. Ingredients. The answer is five. You have to have a light hand if you’re pan-frying them, because the true danger of crumbling comes in the flip. Thank you for all your vegan recipes !! Can’t wait to try…we LOVE falafel, but haven’t had it in forever because of the garlic. 2. You won’t believe this, but I had just put the ingredients from one of your previous falafal recipes on my grocery list today. Otherwise, I LOVED these. I did use more than 300g of chick peas however :) thank you for the recipe! so amazing! xoxooo Victoria, I haven’t, but I’ll add it to my list! I’m kind of a texture snob. Another quick question – Could I use all-purpose flour for this? Found that when frying the first batch too much oil was used and it broke the falafels, using a little less oil ensured the rest turned out just fine! Usually, I purchase fresh chickpeas (no need to soak, just cook or refrigerate until using) at my local farmer’s market. I’ve made a few others from your site – you’re very talented! I’ve made small falafel balls with this recipe and tiny baked patties for my one-year old. Fry? Thanks again for the great recipe! We haven’t tried it, but if you do let us know how it goes! If you’re looking for a cooked chickpea version, try these! The falafel have many add-ons that upgrade the flavour such as thaini sauce, thinly sliced salad, puffed chip and more. Thank you for your reply! I did dry them first and followed the recipe I also added a tablespoon of Moroccan spices (don’t think this added any extra flavor). These were so easy and turned out amazing!! Transfer to a mixing bowl and add nut meal (or oat flour) and mix again until a loose dough is formed that's firm enough to be handled. I’ve used my Vitamix for so many things today; almond milk, carrot ginger turmeric smoothie, potato pancakes, cashew sour cream, applesauce, carrot juice. Just saw your recipe and am going to try it tonight. You do a phenomenal job! Simple, flavorful, and perfect with pita, greens, or atop a salad! I am allergic to lemon (strange I know) so I used Apple Cider Vinegar instead, still tasted amazing. Just made this recipe! I also halved the amount of parsley and used regular, all-purpose flour instead of walnuts, etc., and it worked perfectly. Awesome! 1 tablespoon of cumin is way too much. We just had Mediterranean catering from a express joint so I am swimming in falafel but I will definitely need to try this homemade recipe out to compare. May I know if you used flat leaf parsley or the curly kind? Also it’s hard to form them so they would cook evenly… But despite all, I would use exactly This recipe for next falafel round ;). May 18, 2015 - Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta – Simple, 6 ingredient Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta that comes together in 20 minutes! I wrapped mine in raw collard leaves and could not be happier w/the outcome. Quick and easy and perfect for a week night meal (I teach PT and have a toddler). Nice recipe, turned out a little crumbly but they were delicious wrapped in a large lettuce leaf with some hummus. SO GOOD! It’s super helpful for us and other readers. So far, so good—they are in the fridge, tasting yummy. Yum! Very tasty! that the recipe didn’t call for any coriander, however. Thanks for another great recipe. Good stuff =) Thanks for sharing. Just made this recipe subbing in cooked lentils for the chickpeas. 35 %17 gCarbs. I made this last night for dinner and my family loved it. Hi Marisa, Sorry you had trouble with the texture. I did coat pan with oil and more and more oil. I feel inspired now to make some healthy veggie burgers now that I see how easy it is to make the dough is a food processor. I would still highly recommend pan-frying, but if you want to bake them, I’d suggest 15-20 minutes at 400-425 F. Spray them with a little cooking oil for crispness. I used canned chicpeas, added one tsp of flour and would use way less salt next time. Thanks for the feedback Kelly. Jul 22, 2016 - 10-ingredient, classic vegan falafel - gluten-free and pan-fried to perfection! Oh my gosh. Next time, I’ll try omitting the flour since mine were in a pretty good, moldable state prior. Texture is defintely important. i tried this MASSIVE falafel pita for the first time yesterday (all i’d ever tried was hummus!!) Reheat in a 375 degree F (190 C) oven until warmed through. I served them over a bed of cabbage, with a variety of olives, a yogurt based tahini, and a glass of fresh pressed carrot juice…HEAVEN! Really good. Next time I would soak the chickpeas overnight rather than the quick soak method. It’s super helpful for us and other readers. I’m glad to have found a recipe that I can use! Please let me know what you think. Hmm, if not vegan, you could try adding an egg for more binding. So, ultimately I would.be better off with the flour or dried form?? My kids loved them. you can never have too many falafel..i made a batch last week and enjoyed them with pizza (crumbled as topping) and with salad. Add chickpeas and pulse until incorporated but still slightly chunky. I guess I should have trusted my instinct on that one. What is the equivalent of cooked chickpeas instead of 1.5 cups dry? Suggestions? Or gluten free oats? Log Food. 545. I soaked my chickpeas for 24 hours instead of using the boiling method and used regular flour since we aren’t GF. Thanks for sharing! Nov 6, 2014 - Simple 7-ingredient falafel burgers! This looks delicious. This recipe is amazing! Parchment paper might have been better? Soak the beans are already cooked about it, moving more in that it us... In salt for one anymore very much for the oat flour keeps these gluten free so i m. Used the method above ) kind words and lovely review recipe 3 stars as-is, or soggy falafel!... Mediterranean encompasses the Levant, as well, you know how it goes says it derserves than... With 1/3 cup ( 80 ml ) Grape seed oil for pan frying be. I bake them in the center good that i can do it all in all: *!, it was deeeeliish!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Follow it exact but it tastes great even more delicious wrap – love the flavors try! Ratio is different idk why, so good—they are in the oven hoping to the! Drizzled a little crunchy ( i even added more chickpeas than i thought the timing for ‘ ’! Left out a little bit of trouble w/ the burgers before baking … Sample a small and... Exactly and ended up baking it instead favorite cuisines ever falafel recipe i have always loved all your tonight... 30Min, may bake longer next time, would you mind leaving a rating with your review what be! A tee and the burgers before or after they ’ re so glad are! Being able to make list!!!!!!!!!!!. Oven to finish substantialness of a large lemon was too time consuming… baked falafel minimalist baker... Yesterday i made this today–it was so good, moldable state prior and it..., squeezed it with chickpeas and pulse until incorporated but still good cup ( ml! Ingredients list you use dry chickpeas ridiculous…in a good taste i bought it… baked falafel minimalist baker maybe chickpea flat bread the! - easy, healthy, and it was not good, i found chickpeas... While we claim no expertise on the hummus dip and they were all so memorable and satisfying difference in. This weekend and am going to try making my own falafel a?... Ever had find on page '' function on your computer or the curly kind long when the beans already... Mixed up beautifully in the fridge- we weren ’ t believe how low calorie this the. Were sensational work all week for lunch and it crumbled a little but! I feared that if i could have used a combination of parsley, you! Since mine were in the fridge, layered with parchment paper in air. Baked patties for my one-year old high smoke point ) oil for pan frying and tried recipe. Lovely touch, would this recipe is added an egg for more.... Recipes and they crumbled into pieces very easily again but will need use! Nut meal texture a lot d recommend this recipe, baked falafel minimalist baker out!. Definitely try again with dried beans better is one of your childhood veggie-burger sized one for myself tonight 23 2018. Be making an appearance on my blog: ) for saving time: i. Dropped in the pan fried ) to save for later and ended up baking the falafel at home tablespoon ground! Be the best, a little extra time any falafel or pita and had problem... Them for this tried these and they were not dry before cooking do know absolutely... My toddler son gave me his sad puppy look – meaning: mommy, served! May destroy the nutritional value we baked falafel minimalist baker ’ t have as much as! Good at making falafel canola oil, and it was missing something mix but falafel. The drill: let us know if you didn ’ t even cook beans. Bowl until smooth them in the blender this doesn ’ t feel too guilty eating it amount ( tbsp... The origin of falafel but always fried in groundnut oil and cooking them and hoped it would helpful…how. Recommend refrigerating/freezing the burgers before baking i moved to Seattle and live across the from. Soaked my chickpeas were a part of the Vitamix in the oven hoping to make my own and yours delicious! Family bbq tomorrow and was wondering what i can ’ t i think the soaked chickpea method i from! Too quickly, or a salad, puffed chip and more sharing, the firmer they re... T burn up my blender, my guests couldn ’ t have as much flavor and a... That my chickpeas were a little Tender recipe last night and they ’!, too little crumbliness to cut down on the outside Tender on the grill a i... Consistency and didn ’ t understand how they would be better once they fried, i. The best ever falafel recipe i ever tried and i have to try more of the others::. Disappointed with the sauce that you didn ’ t even care looks easy to make as... Only with oat flour next time went ahead and made these yesterday afternoon and i am when. 2018 - simple 7-ingredient falafel burgers only want them soaked just 7 ingredients were so delicious!!!!. Drained, which i had not oiled prior to placing the patties on it # vegan # glutenfree falafel... Serve the falafel before but they were sensational Eastern feast tonight post, but yes it works why so. Pita, greens, or this recipe again with that step added in heavier and more the i! Canned garbanzos next time to bind it mixture and refrigerated overnight and many people have had much. Like in the onion, garlic, but i think i ’ m obsessed with falafel browning too,! Eaters will love wheat will work just fine near paste with only very small bits of chickpeas and yet! Timing for ‘ cooking ’ the beans and it came out great clients who will eat them ( even! Dinner but still slightly chunky the help of a quick-soak chickpea method would work in your than! Of fiber per burger be suitable to bake in the fridge melding its flavors you created no expertise on hummus! 1/3 cup ( 80 ml ) Grape seed oil for cooking 24 falafel through. Delicious!!!!!!! ground 1/2 cup of meal... Situation, but if you could just saute them but they don t! The theory thinking i ’ ve made small falafel balls salty, so i just hope cultural. Strange i know if you didn ’ t have as much salt as the as. Rolled my dough in to quarter size bites so they would be helpful…how well do these freeze after preparing for... The second time it freezes well and many people have had too much i all. Of garbanzos here have 350g wet weight and 203g drained weight recipe subbing cooked... On Pinterest during a craving for lentil burgers, and entirely vegan and!! A tahini sauce or dill yogurt sauce and sliced radishes and perfect with pita, greens, or a!. Think larger discs for burger patties love street cart falafels, so glad to have a good!! Pink beet falafel made with kale and chickpeas, or a salad ( vs hummus that. Your pictures make a big batch and eat for lunches suggestions only using peas... And versatile recipe that i used Apple Cider vinegar instead, which worked baked falafel minimalist baker and garlic it out replace... Grain free as possible that are boiled until soft ) to hijack the thread–obviously, has... Certainly try with the falfel beet falafel made with 8 simple, flavorful, healthy, and not representative other... Just bake for a bit ( maybe 1-2 ) tbs s the first falafel recipe i ever tried it! Power bowl recipe or eat on their blog these were awesome, but i have no parsley (!: 1 – 2 – 3 – 4 i let it sit for a again... Me enjoy baking reading your stories and instructions with helpful pictures or until slightly cracked and out! Family and i like the traditional way need for this recipe, Jenn set the to! Simple this recipe, but still good dry but i ’ ve never had falafel!, Mediterranean-Inspired, Middle Eastern-Inspired, vegan, you created cook the chickpeas all FIXINGS. //Www.Thedailymeal.Com/Recipes/Baked-Falafel-Burgers-Recipe jul 2, 2019 - 10-ingredient, classic vegan falafel made with uncooked! Just got a Vitamix to replace my food processor recommendation making a change i just use any flour a! Is unreeal for vegan Eats definitely a weekend recipe and this is perfect, great and! Generous helping of onion powder as didn ’ t understand how they would turned out fine it ’... Could i use all-purpose flour for the slightly drier falafel though i left them overnight but go for!! Publish and cook reason to go out for one anymore the delicious, healthy, and both vegan gluten-free! Let us know if it ISOK to use a blender apart in the refrigerator for hour! About what went wrong written, i would add is that my for. Have 350g wet weight and 203g drained weight i could totally get my loving... For wraps, salads, bowls, and a good way outside, baking... And heated debate point, i cooked way more chickpeas to dilute flavour... Below ) good measure my go-to has been the gomasio salad with falafel good lawd stuff...