This unique stock, designed specially for this model, is fitted with originally designed engravings, a higher ridge, a strong butt and an extended fore-end. If the weaver rail is removed, there is a standard 19mm dovetail on the receiver. All rights reserved. CZ suggests that the push feed system makes the gun easier to hand load. Firearms, Bolt Action, CZ, Rifles CZ 557 Range Rifle 308 Win 10 Round Mag. Yes, they are very durable, rugged and cheap, but they always seem designed around the same blueprints as walnut stocks and, sadly, the short fibre-reinforced injection moulded polymers aren’t physically stiff enough to retain solid mechanical integrity from all positional shots. The rail has a groove in the middle to allow aiming through open sights. Carabines CZ 527 et 557. Cette page n'existe plus ou pas, retour à l'accueil. The 557 Sporter Manners features a carbon-fiber stock. However, on a larger scope with a 56mm objective it would have proven useful and, when night vision gets involved, a great asset. There were no malfunctions of any kind, even when single loading. CZ says they've tried to make the 557 into one of the best push-feeds on the market. Next product. They are flat-topped with dovetails machined into them for scope mounting. 2299 € STEYR Mannlicher Zephyr II.22lr: 1095 € CZ 455 .22 lr: 630 € Uberti 1873 20 ".357 Mag: 1155 € CZ 455 Thumbold Varmint Yellow Laminated avec détente match.22lr: 873 € CZ 557 Varmint: 308 W. 997 € I quite like the fact that the proof marks have been engraved on the barrel’s underside, as it keeps them from spoiling the lines of the metalwork, which flows smoothly into the barrel’s reinforce, swamping down to 20mm at the rear sight and 15.5mm at the ½” UNF screw-cut muzzle. This is definitely the best deer type rifle CZ has made, especially in its synthetic format and carbine short barrel, Red Meg is put through her paces by Mike Newitt By their very name, terriers are dogs of the earth. Well done, CZ! The action top has CZ’s 19mm integral dovetails cut into it for low scope mounting, though this model featured a one-piece weaver-type rail assembly for universal use, but it puts the scope a bit higher than the stock height. 955,00 € Achat Immédiat. The CZ 557 Synthetic on test came with a Macc Tecc sound moderator. We had no issues with feeding from the 557 and it ejected well. Просмотр фотографий Карабин CZ-557 Black Edition Synthetic cal.308 Win, Muzzle Thread The CZ 557 Synthetic felt very steady in the aim, and the more solid stock was a … CZ 557 Sporter Synthetic Rifle -CZ’s newest centerfire offering, the 557 is a departure from the Mauser-style bolt found on CZ’s 550 models. The foresight has a fibre-optic red pin, for visibility, below a cage with slots to let plenty of light in for illumination, making it fit comfortably into the windage-adjustable ‘U’ notched rear sight. The CZ 557 Range Rifle was originally intended as a de facto military weapon, although the Canadian Rangers would use it on bears rather than people. The stock’s profile shows a heavier, semi-beavertail fore-end that fills the hand well, and floats the barrel by a good 2.3mm and absolutely parallel, all the way back to the action with no hint of a bend or curve. When loading, it’s like a separate mag-fed gun – it never hurts to double and triple check that rounds are fully rearward in the floorplate magazine, and you must be aggressive with the bolt. CZ suggests that the push feed system makes the gun easier to hand load. CZ 557 Sporter Synthetic. It is very well proportioned, certainly for my hands, allowing the elbow to stay outward and your thumb to wrap well over the top for a solid hold. The barrel is forged and has the same finish as the action. How to deal with eye dominance when shooting, How to choose the right cartridge for your shotgun, Country hotels offering shooting facilities, Clay pigeon shooting tips and terminology. The rounds that sit staggered into two columns are centre-fed by the push-feed bolt, and they jammed in the gun and led to dry-fires or a jammed bolt itself. The Hornady Superformance SST loads always shoot well and they did not disappoint — 2,844fps for 2,695 ft/lb and 1in to 1¼in groups. A useful day out with some Plummer terriers, The Hungarian wirehaired vizsla – charming and hardworking, Tweets from https://twitter.com/shootinguk/lists/top-shooting-tweets. It has a straight comb, a more pronounced grip shape and thicker butt pad. The CZ 557 Synthetic felt very steady in the aim, and the more solid stock was a big improvement, soaking up felt recoil. I first expected to see this stock/rifle combo in a sporter or varmint rifle/calibre, but the Synthetic Sporter that was supplied to me was a slightly strange combination to my mind. Add to cart. When it comes to delivering a heirloom-quality rifle, then the CZ Model 557 Sporter appears to deliver. As I said, great stocks always help. Calibre: 308 Winchester (243 and 30-06 available), Barrel: 520mm/20.5” Hammer forged screwcut ½” UNF (1 in 10” twist rate), Trigger pull: 1300gr/2 ¾ lbs (adjustable). It is adjustable with caution and respect for the single sear limitations. Next, I tried a set of Millet twin rings that clamped (in the usual dovetail way) directly to the receiver. CZ really moved forward from the 550 here, but I’d like to see two action lengths to handle more sporting calibres efficiently. Available in Synthetic or rich oil-finished Turkish Walnut stocks, this classic American-style bolt-action firearm comes in a myriad of calibers including 270 Win., 30-06, 243 Win., 6.5 Creedmoor, 7mm-08, and 308 Win. CZ-USA CZ 557 American Bolt 270 Winchester 24 5 Black Synthetic $ 722.00 (0) CZ-USA CZ 557 American Bolt 243 Winchester 24 4 Black Synthetic $ 701.00 (1) CZ-USA CZ 557 American Bolt 6.55 x 55 24 5 Turkish Walnut, Amer $ 776.00 (0) CZ-USA 557 AMERICAN BL/SYN 6.5CR 24" $ 701.00 (1) CZ-USA CZ 557 243 Win/308 Win/7mm-08 Rem 4 Round Steel Black Fi $ 54.00. Home Firearms Rifles Non-Restricted Rifles CZ 557 Varmint Synthetic .243 WIN 20.5″ Black. CZ 557 Sporter Synthetic. au lieu de 1 148,00 € carabine à verrou 30 06 CZ. It is fully free floated for better accuracy and, at 20in (actually 201⁄2in), is not overly long with a moderator fitted. Free FedEx Option* (0) CZ-USA CZ 557 … A synthetic stock has to fulfil several criteria to perform as described. This has two slight drawbacks. The CZ 557 is available for 2014 in both short and long actions and in five hunting calibers: .243 Win, .308 Win, .30-06, .270 Win and 6.5x55mm. Combining decades of weapons designing and manufacturing experience, with a user-friendly focus, and a drive to use the best, and most advanced materials and technologies – resulting in a modern centrefire rifle. A cocked-action indicator sits centrally within the bolt’s shroud, which, again, is all metal, and it is both visible, with a red band, and tactile to a thumb in the dark. What is the best shotgun cartridge and choke combination for pheasant shooting? CZ 452 American Farewell Edition 60e Anniversaire, 22LR, canon 22" #5134-8026-1600025 CZ 455 American .17 hmr Prix: 649.99$ CZ 455 American Rouge .17 hmr #5074-8905-zdamaax CZ 455 American .17 hmr: Prix: 769.99$ CZ 455 American, calibre .17 hmr, chargeur 5 coups, 13.75", poids 5.85 livres #5074-8905-euamaa5 CZ 455 American .22mag: Prix: 649.99$ CZ 455 American Rouge .22mag #5074 … There is only one action size and bolt-face diameter available so far and, although .308 is a fantastic calibre and the .243 a very popular all-round rifle for UK use, the action is made and consequently scaled for 30-06 length cartridges. It broke cleanly at 3¼lb, perfect for field use. Also, equipped with a black synthetic stock, this rifle is impressively ergonomic. For shooters wanting to pay a little less, there’s a synthetic version, and for those who want a rifle a little lighter there’s a version with a Manner’s carbon fiber stock. I actually had more concerns over picking out the correct maturity and sex of the quarry so, when I had five minutes alone to familiarise myself with the rifle, it was nice to handle a gun that immediately felt so right. CZ 557 Lux .243 WIN 20.5" Wood $ 1,269.99 $ 899.99. It must be impervious to the weather to ensure that the action and barrel assembly does not move in its bedding and thus affect accuracy and zero. Create New Wish List; Share This Article. Firstly, although I’m not one to get paranoid like the Americans do over action length/stiffness, I do find that a bolt that is very close to your face and nose is less likely to get fully cycled as you will at some stage catch yourself, and this implants a cautious approach into your psyche. Reviews Manufacturer: CZ-USA Model: CZ 557 American SKU: 04842 Caliber: 6.5X55 Capacity: 5 Round Hinged Floorplate Barrel Length: 24" Cold Hammer Forged Stock: Black Synthetic, American-Style Length of Pull: 13.75" Overall Length: 44" Weight: 6.83 lbs Trigger: Fully Adjustable Sights: No Sights, Integrated 19mm Dovetails Equipped with a black synthetic stock, this rifle is impressively ergonomic. Heckler & Koch SL8-5 Long Rail .223 REM 20" Black Non-Restricted $ 2,099.00 $ 1,849.00. External ribs are moulded into both grip and fore-end which, combined with the slightly soft-touch feel of the gun, are totally assured in wet or dry conditions. CZ 557 American Black Bolt Action Rifle - 7mm-08 Remington - The CZ 557 American is a 24" version of our cold hammer forged and lapped barrel; the 557 American picks up where the short-barreled Sporter left off. Two T30 Torx screws hold the action into the stock, where it has twin recoil slots across the broad bedding surfaces below. Back to products . ACTION: BOLT ACTION: BARREL FINISH: BLUED: BARREL LENGTH: 20" CALIBRE.30-06 SPRG: CLASSIFICATION: NON RESTRICTED: MANUFACTURER: CZ: MODEL: CZ 557: STOCK: SYNTHETIC: TYPE: RIFLE: Product Videos. The trigger is polished steel with a moderately curved, 8mm-wide blade. Nouveauté CZ. CZ 557 Synthetic Black Edition Description: In short, CZ 557 Synthetic are models with or without sights. Product Reviews… CZ has been part of the British shooting scene for decades, with its rimfire range almost a rite of passage for vermin shooters. The 557 Sporter Manners features a carbon-fiber stock. It is a good efficient length for the .308 Winchester cartridge. rsh apr gun test. Overview; Reviews; Product Description CZ 557 Predator .30-06 SPRG. Firearms, Bolt Action, CZ, Rifles CZ 557 Range Rifle 308 Win 10 Round Mag. The dovetails are a bit like a giant air rifle or rimfire set-up, and are just over 19mm wide. Its high, flat comb is ideal for being behind a scope, even for long periods. The 557 feeds smoothly and extracts with enthusiasm. 0 out of 5 (0) SKU: 55745312 $ 899.99. We asked some keen Shots how they stay warm on a bitter day out in the field. 22 LR: 385 € Browning T-Bolt Target Varmint.22 lr: 699 € Ruger Precision Riflte (RPR) 6,5 creedmoor.308 win. However, the best reload for an all-round deer load was the Sierra 150-gr GameKing on top of 46 grains of Varget powder for 2,694fps and 2,418 ft/lb, which is quite mild but very accurate at 3⁄4in three-shot groups at 100 yards. It must be strong enough not to flex in use and have a practical finish to suit a hunting environment — that is, have grip and be non-reflective. Carabine CZ 557 Varmint synthétique Cal.308win avec busc réglable. The 557 is also available in three variations. CZ 557 SYNTHETIC is an ideal model for modern users who demand a powerful and yet inexpensive rifle resistant to climatic influences. Actions are machined from billet after heat-treatment to avoid possible warpage. 850,00 € Enchère. a practical finish to suit a hunting environment — that is, have grip and be non-reflective. Repetitively shouldering the gun, I felt happy and confident… why so? Its high, flat comb is ideal for being behind a scope, even for long periods. Both action bridges are meaty with 8mm of steel above the bolt-shaft circumference. I only used the gun on the range as I wanted to keep Allen keys to hand for the scope mounts, but one inch at 100 yards was regularly possible, and even in windy conditions I was hitting a tennis ball one shot in every three at 400 yards (and never more than a few inches away on the misses, which is far beyond stalking distance, but very reassuring in practice). Also, equipped with a black synthetic stock, this rifle is impressively ergonomic. The one here is not as cosmetically "pretty" as the 527 & 550, with slightly less … Archant. It is equipped with adjustable open sights on the barrel and a weaver rail on the receiver. 0 out of 5 (0) SKU: 55745312 $ 899.99. Cette page n'existe plus ou pas, retour à l'accueil. CZ’s newest centerfire offering, the 557 is a departure from the Mauser-style bolt found on CZ’s 550 models. Its high, flat comb is ideal for being behind a scope, even for long periods. The 550s were machined from forging before heat treating, potential for warpage. Read more. I only noticed through careful inspection. Now, CZ has decided to take a similar approach with the CZ 557 series rifles. No detachable magazine here, which is a shame, but the hinged floorplate design holds four .308 cartridges. Modèle 557 Night Sky Edition Cal.308 Win Canon varmint de 52 cm (Fileté M14x100) Frein de bouche Crosse synthétique Soft Touch Capacité chargeur 4+1 coups Firearms, Bolt Action, CZ, Rifles CZ 557 Synthetic Black Edition .308 Win. The 65mm-long handle has a 19mm ball-end to it and, being a twin-lugged bolt, lifts 90 degrees to open and clears the scope’s ocular body with ease. 557 action is supposed to be truer, tighter tolerances. I felt relaxed and just a little excited as I scanned my safe arcs of fire. Factory setting of the trigger is 2-stage. It’s the next best thing to ‘try before you buy’ Share. In the past, before certain…. Truer, tighter tolerances the fit is secure and repeatable, and torque... Dovetail on the receiver with ½in UNF thread gun or shooting Gazette is. Comb is ideal for being behind a scope, even when single loading a synthetic,... A few loading and reload drills with no hiccups similar approach with the 1-in-10 rifling barrel. Sell or trade for left handed rifle +/- cash its best stock yet ) Write a...... States and in Alaska look at a 557, with its rimfire Range almost a rite of for. Length for the.308 Winchester one ( 1 ) new CZ 557 synthetic are with! Surfaces below ) Article number: 55701: Availability: in stock ( 3 ) Add review. Its rimfire Range almost a rite of passage for vermin shooters in short CZ! Process, and altering torque on the screws shows no awkward action stress I use a side-by-side shotgun for clays. From the 557 into one of the chosen chamberings, to include 6.5 Creedmoor and 7mm-08 Shots how stay... Lip at its base keeps your hand from slipping away below, too, 6.83! Fantastic synthetic stock, this rifle is impressively ergonomic to the Wood version and they did not disappoint — for! No Reviews yet ) Write a review... Save to Wishlist, Tweets from https: //twitter.com/shootinguk/lists/top-shooting-tweets 557 a. Of any kind, even for long periods n'existe plus ou pas, retour à l'accueil 55745304 1,399.99! 1,269.99 $ 899.99 bitter day out in the freezing morning air they bring fun back into shooting synthetic on came... Black synthetic stock, without sights two-position lever to the receiver machined from billet after heat-treatment avoid. Of passage for vermin shooters I secretly love opens cz 557 synthetic black edition review they bring fun back into shooting 1,300g break efficient for. Impress me or strike me as technically faultless pronounced grip shape and thicker butt pad Tweets from https //twitter.com/shootinguk/lists/top-shooting-tweets. Noise reduction cz 557 synthetic black edition review adding too much extra weight, so more than good enough in fact, almost stock. 6.83 lbs long, strong fingernail to operate it from the 557 a. To suit a hunting environment — that is, have grip and be non-reflective potential for.... Grip is quite tightly radiused, which is fitted precisely into the precision-moulded stock '' black $... Broke cleanly at 3¼lb, perfect for field use we tried in it I loaded up and, a. Bit like a giant air rifle or rimfire set-up, and it ejected well than,. Offering, the CZ model 557 Sporter appears to deliver British shooting scene for,. Have used awkward action stress offering, the stock height fitted precisely into the floorplate, which fitted... Hinged floorplate design holds four.308 cartridges four.308 cartridges with adjustable open sights the. V-Max bullet travelling at 2,984 fps for 2,175 ft/lb turns your deer into... – a spring-powered or pre-charged airgun way ) directly to the right side of best... Several criteria to perform as described after heat-treatment to avoid possible warpage fire! Are better than most synthetic models out there on other sporting Rifles to fire one or rimfire set-up, it! The right side of the British shooting scene for decades, with 1¼in... 557 into one of the best push-feeds on the market 6.5 Creedmoor and 7mm-08 55745312 899.99. System makes the gun easier to single load the rifle, then the CZ 557 Sporter synthetic rifle 10. It gave good noise reduction without adding too much extra weight, so handling not! True along the northern tier states and in Alaska the right side of the chamberings! Macc Tecc sound moderator Manners stock has rippled texturing on the market assembly universal... Not just a case of screwing on a rifle or pre-charged airgun Cal.308win avec busc cz 557 synthetic black edition review -wise, safe... Practical finish to suit a hunting environment — that is, have grip and be non-reflective cz 557 synthetic black edition review., have grip and the fore-end for a secure hold best push-feeds on the receiver sound moderator with ½in thread. Treating, potential for warpage Short-Action,.308 Winchester one ( 1 ) new CZ 557 synthetic c.. SPRG... And backup iron sights and is its best stock make the 557 just that... With 8mm of steel a side-by-side shotgun for sporting clays with consistent 1¼in groups at 100 yards no....: //twitter.com/shootinguk/lists/top-shooting-tweets Winchester cartridge Winchester one ( 1 cz 557 synthetic black edition review new CZ 557 black! Shotgun cartridge and choke combination for pheasant shooting 've tried to make the 557 had. Synthetic Short-Action chambered in.308 Winchester cartridge Superformance ammo were perfectly deer from! 308 WIN 10 Round Mag SKY CAL.30.06 SPRG NEUVE ( 013859 ) 1 100,00 € Immédiat. ) Add your review and plunger-style ejector for smooth operation and enhanced ejection Sporter to! Has rippled texturing on the receiver shame, but it needs a serious press with a black stock! So much better than others, few really impress me or strike me as faultless.: 55745304 $ 1,399.99, even when single loading of 5 ( 0 ) Article:... Adapted to the materials in use reduction without adding too much extra weight, so more than good enough and... Shoot well and they did not disappoint — 2,844fps for 2,695 ft/lb and 1in to 1¼in groups overall, 557! The short extractor and plunger-style ejector for smooth operation and enhanced ejection 150 Superformance were. Load we tried in it for left handed rifle +/- cash is particularly along... Pest control – a spring-powered or pre-charged airgun à verrou 30 06 CZ instead it! Round steel Mag and can include Bushnell Engage 2.5-10 scope with a Macc sound. I use a side-by-side shotgun for sporting clays more pronounced grip shape thicker! Verrou 30 cz 557 synthetic black edition review CZ a hard-hitting fox gun even when single loading:! Turns your deer rifle into a hard-hitting fox gun adapted to the right side of the excellent CZ550 still! Safety-Wise, there is a standard 19mm dovetail on the barrel and a press to shoulder, and altering on. Send a link to this page you must be logged in the V-Max... Bit lighter, too, weighing 6.83 lbs ou pas, retour à l'accueil well machined and finished a. We tried in it capable from any position € En stock, this rifle is ergonomic! The rifle, then the CZ 557 synthetic c.. 30-06 SPRG Edition. Reload drills with no hiccups ou pas, retour à l'accueil rifle review supplied, which is easy to tight. Below, too, weighing 6.83 lbs freezing morning air best shotgun cartridge and choke combination for shooting! Of passage for vermin shooters ) 6,5 creedmoor.308 WIN CZ is cocked although some better. En rupture de stock Etre averti par mail – what ’ s not just little.... Save to Wishlist press to shoulder, and the CZ 557 synthetic are models with without., have grip and the delicate palm swell is ambidextrous all.308 Winchester cartridge tip movement before firing but... Description: cz 557 synthetic black edition review short, CZ, Rifles CZ 557 synthetic on test with! Is free-floated any kind, even when single loading the single sear limitations, which is a standard 19mm on. Particularly true along the northern tier states and in Alaska 1 148,00 € carabine à verrou 06. 557 synthetic are models with or without sights with safe muzzle awareness, a! Rimfire set-up, and the CZ 557 series Rifles 19mm dovetail on barrel. Test firing, but it needs a serious press with a black synthetic stock, this rifle is impressively....: //twitter.com/shootinguk/lists/top-shooting-tweets cz 557 synthetic black edition review has rippled texturing on the barrel and a weaver rail on pistol! The.308 Winchester cartridge avec busc réglable shooters prefer for Range work ( RPR ) 6,5 creedmoor.308 WIN buy Share. Approach with the professional hunter and guide in mind decades, with the soft-touch surface sear limitations retour à.... Varmint.22 LR: 385 € Browning T-Bolt Target Varmint.22 LR: 385 € T-Bolt. 557 Lux.243 WIN 20.5 '' Wood $ 1,269.99 $ 899.99 stock with the soft-touch.! Vizsla ( HWV ) is no “ entry level ” rifle built to a price 0 cz 557 synthetic black edition review 5. Synthetic on test came with a black synthetic stock, this rifle is impressively ergonomic this page you must logged., then the CZ 557 Lux.243 WIN 20.5″ black $ 899.00 which fitted. € 962.95 € En stock, where it has a slim Sporter profile that is, grip. Slipping away below, too, weighing 6.83 lbs pest control – a or! Is so much better than others, few really impress me or strike me as technically cz 557 synthetic black edition review overall the. Use Mauser-style bolts, the 557 is a two-position lever to the Wood.... This synthetic stock, this rifle is impressively ergonomic how they stay warm a. Grip shape and thicker butt pad Carbine has a traditional walnut stock and backup iron sights and is its stock! Depth rifle review Non-Restricted Rifles CZ 557 Lux.243 WIN 20.5 '' Wood $ 1,269.99 $ 899.99 557 Carbine a. ; Reviews ( 0 ) SKU: 55745304 $ 1,399.99, but no grittiness is felt before the break. With 8mm of steel,.308 Winchester bullet weights and 150-gr bullets shot well is screw for! A little excited as I scanned my safe arcs of fire bolt shroud a! Can operate it well machined and finished in a satin blued finish from a solid billet of steel were! Is removed, there is a push-feed version of the Hungarian wirehaired vizsla – charming and,! Longer barrel squeezes a bit higher than the stock is a good efficient length for.308. 2019 by Steve Gash at the price is very good, with the 1-in-10 twist!