Learn More | Contact Matthew. Battery Life. FireBoard is a Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer, allowing remote monitoring of temperature from your mobile phone or web browser, anywhere you have internet access. 5.00. out of 5 based on. In summary, I think the Fireboard is a very promising thermometer and regulator for a backyard smoker. You will not regret it. As a side note, the Fireboard build quality is top shelf. ( 14 customer reviews) $249.00. The Signals is a great thermometer but I have had some glitches with their mobile app in terms of the ability to close out cooking sessions. FireBoard® is a Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer, designed for remote monitoring in both hot and cold environments. That’s plenty for me, and probably 99% of other cooks. Reviewed in the United States on May 22, 2020. This unit replaced my original cyberq from almost 10 yrs ago. Reviewed in the United States on February 23, 2020. We did not receive a FireBoard Drive Blower with our sample so we tested the Drive function with a non-FireBoard fan. 15. customer ratings. The large LCD backlight screen is a great improvement which we found extremely handy. Digital stick thermometers usually cost between $5 and $15, with those at a lower price being more basic and potentially producing less accurate readings. The FireBoard 2 and FireBoard 2 Drive are very similar with the exception of one major difference. As a side note, the Fireboard build quality is top shelf. FireBoard has 41 reviews with an overall consumer score of 4.3 out of 5.0. Reviewed in the United States on November 13, 2018. You can monitor anywhere. See at Amazon. The FireBoard 2 Drive comes with a one-year limited warranty — check it out here. Reviewed in the United States on June 18, 2017. We did not test this function with our sample. You can connect your smart device to the FireBoard 2 Drive via Bluetooth connection alone in instances where no Wi-Fi is available. It’s accurate, well-designed, and easy to use. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Works flawlessly, and reads back labels of grill temps (s) and food temp labels. Read full article ... Amazon's Choice for fireboard thermometer. FireBoard has set a new standard in food thermometry. All in all, the Fireboard 2 is a worthy successor to the original. Buy either the new unit or the first unit. What’s the Difference Between Inside and Outside Skirt Steak? Reviewed in the United States on April 8, 2020. got 6 channels, so i name my food and i never have to adjust temp anymore for different meats.its always works. This page works best with JavaScript. The FireBoard is a Wi-Fi meat thermometer. REVIEW UPDATE September 2020: The Fireboard 2 now has a separate magnetic base that you can purchase. We love that FireBoard Labs produced both the FireBoard 2 and the FireBoard 2 Drive unit so existing customers who have already purchased a FireBoard Drive Control Cable can get into the new FireBoard 2 to at a lower price point as they don’t need the FireBoard 2 Drive’s built-in fan port. How to Dry Brine Your Steak for Maximum Flavor, How to Reverse Sear Using a Charcoal Grill. The FireBoard Drive is an accessory for the popular Fireboard remote food thermometer that allows the user to control the temperature of a charcoal or wood-fired cooker. Reviewed in the United States on August 13, 2019. We are happy to report that the pit temperature controller system functioned perfectly. The FireBoard 2 Drive is easy to set up and install on your wireless network. That was probably somewhere around 4 years ago. Its first offering is a very clever device sure to please serious cooks, competitors, restaurateurs, and caterers. I understand the drawback of it costing money and a good amount of it but the time saver of getting up 100 times to check the temps myself is well worth it. These probe leave-in thermometers are by ThermoPro, Meater, and more. and app always works.never have to relog in after an update,,,,alexa always works too if i ask temperature...and food name ,like beef roast on top of screen.auto remember my food too.i..i just turn on,plug in and open app to watch. I ordered one of these Fireboard thermometer systems from All T HeavyG. Learn all about it below. We also took issue with the need to purchase a weather-resistant case for the original. We’re sure you will love it as much as we do. Price: $ 275.00 The main factors the separate the original from the FireBoard 2 is its large LCD 256×128 backlight screen and increased water protection. Works great. Reviewed in the United States on April 4, 2020. You can't go wrong either way. You can find ear thermometers for as little as $10 and as much as $40. The FireBoard 2 offers three models with a host of upgraded capabilities. You can also use any 12 VDC fan you may already own which is a plus. You can also plug the USB-C power supply while in use and the unit will charge while you’re using it. From a performance standpoint, it just works and it works well. No matter what your skill level the FireBoard 2 series of remote-read thermometers would be a welcome addition to the cooking toolbox. The operation of the FireBoard 2 series of thermometers is basically the same as the original FireBoard. The FireBoard 2 has addressed this issue as well. In terms of Bluetooth 4-channel thermometers, you’ve got the Weber iGrill 2 and the InkBird IBT-4XS. Sign up for our newsletter to recipes, reviews, and more delivered to your inbox: Indoor Recipes Outdoor Recipes Reviews Grilling Basics In the News About Grillseeker.com, Be United by Flame Book a Media Appearance Contact Grillseeker, © document.write(new Date().getFullYear()); Matthew Eads, Grillseeker Privacy Policy. But it is easy to set up, easy to use, and it works like a charm. Most components were high quality, the battery backup and dual WiFi/Bluetooth added resilience, the software was quite flexible, and I really liked that you could “bring your own blower”. Love the FireBoard and the Alexa skill is the cherry on top. Three additional temperature probes may be added to the unit and can be purchased separately. I never have any issues with it. Thermometers FireBoard Thermometer Review – A Seriously Good Bit of Kit! It is a new thermometer by a new company and it has gotten off to a scorching start. I would like to see the Fireboard thermometer get an upgraded shell that is more water-resistant (like the others) than the current one. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Read customer reviews and ratings here. First off, an American Company that makes a Great unit. The FireBoard 2 Drive and FireBoard 2 main units are a bit heavier than the original. The FireBoard 2 is truly one of the best in its class. Customer service has been amazing every time and listen to input if you have any. It’s that good. Reviewed in the United States on June 18, 2017. Reviewed in the United States on August 28, 2018. If you want to take your low & slow game to the next level, spend the money on a FireBoard and use this skill. If you’re a serious chef and need some serious barbeque done, … These are the best probe thermometer reviews from a professional chef. The K-type thermocouples supplied with the FireBoard 2 Pro are able to withstand extreme temperatures of up to 760 °C (1400°F).. Product Features: 6 available channels for external Temperature Probes, LCD Display, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 (BLE), FireBoard Cloud Service, Internal Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery. See phone/tablet requirements here. You enter the cooking temp you desire along with the temp of the meat you want for upur finished product and Fireboard cooks it to perfection. Included in box: FireBoard FBX2 Thermometer, Charger*, Ambient Probe, 2 Food Probes, Grill Clip, Quick Start Guide. The display is … FireBoard is truly awesome whether you are a beginner or seasoned professional. Love my FireBoard, and this skill is just the icing on the cake. Reviewed in the United States on July 23, 2020. Both of those digital meat thermometers are in a much lower price bracket. What’s the Difference Between Oregano and Mexican Oregano? Reviewed in the United States on January 11, 2020. This is a tech savvy brand that wanted to establish a device that would allow home cooks to take a nap or mingle with friends while their meats cooked properly and wireless. Fireboard Thermometer: Cloud Connected Fireboard Thermometer: Cloud Connected Shop Fireboard Now The Fireboard is a cloud connected bluetooth and wifi thermometer … Included in box: FireBoard FBX2 Thermometer, Charger, Ambient Probe, 2 … There's a problem loading this menu right now. The fireboard is a highly connected, full-featured, heavy duty and built to last, accurate thermometer that any pitmaster would be happy to have in their tool kit. Review Added on July 24, 2019. FireBoard 2 Drive can also be used with Amazon Alexa if that’s your jam. The new FBX2 series of thermometers include the Fireboard 2 or FBX2, the Fireboard 2 Drive or FBX2D, and the Fireboard 2 Pro or FBX2K. And if you’ve read our reviews we can generally come up with something we’d like to see improved on just about every product. Overall, I would highly recommend the Fireboard FBX11 Thermometer as it provides me with a wealth of track-able information to monitor the cook live and then also be able to use data in the future to be able to know how the grill is operating, when to … If you’re not convinced by the Signals, the two main alternatives I would consider are the FireBoard and ThermoWorks own Smoke. This cable adaptor is not required to operate a blower fan with the FireBoard 2 Drive. Fireboard Wifi Thermometer . This was a very smart move on FireBoard Lab’s part. The FireBoard 2 Wireless Thermometer supports up to 6 external temperature probes which provide accurate and reliable temperature monitoring in many different environments and applications. FireBoard has addressed this. Complete Testing and Review. It’s also a great tool for the indoor cook. The FireBoard 2 Drive is battery operated and should deliver about 30 hours of service on a single charge. In our review of the original FireBoard, we were critical of its light weight and tendency to slide around on the surface it’s resting on. The FireBoard 2 Drive ships with a USB-C Charger, two food probes which monitor food temperatures, one ambient probe to monitor the pit temperature, a grate clip, and a user’s manual. The thermometer comes with a one year warranty. - Recommended! Really makes it nice getting to set an alert so you can ask your other half to close up the grill if you need to leave the house. Building on a lifelong passion for cooking and the memories of his dad’s less-than-stellar BBQ, Matthew has learned the ways of the grill through reading, practical application, and a lot of trial and error. The FireBoard 2 Drive does not come with a blower fan; it must be purchased separately. The additions of the sms notification and the graphing/notations are icing on the cake. I love this thing. Honestly, we just can’t pinpoint a single area of the FireBoard 2 Drive that needs to be improved upon. August 13, 2017. Its first offering is a very clever device sure to please serious cooks, competitors, restaurateurs, and caterers. FireBoard is one of the most user-friendly remote-read Wi-Fi thermometers on the market today. I have used other similar products, and Fireboard is the very best!!! Being able to take the ribs off at the EXACT right temp or knowing my long smoke of pork butt is done just by looking at the app makes even a newer BBQ guy like me seem like he may know what hes doing. the skill is a great added bonus. Matthew Eads is a former US Marine, self-taught gourmet griller, and cookbook author. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. I like is so much I am going to buy the second unit as soon as I can afford it. All the features of the FireBoard 2 with the addition of an integrated Drive technology to maintain precise temperature control via a 12v fan. While both units can operate a blower fan giving you complete temperature control for your grill or smoker, the FireBoard 2 requires you to purchase a drive fan cable adaptor to do so. FireBoard will automatically reconnect to any Wi-Fi that has been previously set up. The FireBoard 2 Drive and FireBoard 2 main units are a bit heavier than the original. Big thumbs up to fireboard for creating an awesome product! What I find even more impressive is the recharge time. In our review of the original FireBoard, we were critical of its light weight and tendency to slide around on the surface it’s resting on. I love my FireBoard, but I wish that the graph displayed on the iOS app could be displayed on my Echo Show, and left up for the duration of the cook. It is a new thermometer by a new company and it has gotten off to a scorching start. FireBoard is great by itself. FireBoard Labs announced the launch of the FireBoard 2 series, an updated version of their flagship thermometer. FireBoard Labs has released the next generation of their 6 channel remote-read thermometers: the FireBoard 2 and the FireBoard 2 Drive. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. From there you use the app to connect the FireBoard 2 Drive to your 2.4GHz home wireless. Easy to setup and install on your wireless network, the FireBoard ® pushes realtime temperature updates via the cloud to apps for iPhone, Android, and the Web. Made my first use a 10 HR smoke at 225 and was surprised with the ease of setup and use. This solves the issue of it tipping over, so disregard any references to that in this review. The Drive worked perfectly, leading to the easiest tri-tip I’ve ever cooked. ThermoWorks Signals VS FireBoard FBX11 After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. If you’re not entirely up to speed with that means jump over and review our meat thermometer guide . Add the handsfree alerts you can get from your Echo, and it is the complete package. FireBoard ® is a Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer, designed for remote monitoring in both hot and cold environments. Unlike the other 6 billion skills for Alexa, this one is actually usefully and makes things easier! The FireBoard 2 Drive is for anyone wanting a remote-read thermometer with the ability to add a blower fan giving you a complete pit temperature control device to your charcoal or wood smoker. FireBoard is a well-known smart meat thermometer brand which competes against other wireless meat thermometer brands like Thermoworks, Meater and ThermoPro. I bought their first one on Kickstarter I think. FireBoard has addressed this. This item is a no brainer for me. 5.0 out of 5 stars Rare Skill that is Well Done! works mint,food always the way i choose. This coating certainly helps hold it in place on your work surface and gives the unit its additional weather protection without the additional cost of a weather-resistant case. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. The FireBoard 2 Drive, an evolution of the original Fireboard with an enhanced LCD display, is a six-channel Bluetooth/Wi-Fi thermometer with an integrated thermostatic controller that sets the standard for this product class. All in all, a good Wi-Fi reader lets you monitor the internal temperature of your meat remotely via your smartphone, essentially letting you keep a figurative eye on your meat as it grills - from virtually anywhere in the world. FireBoard reviews and Fireboard.io customer ratings for December 2020. I got my wish, the new Fireboard 2 model is water-resistant. The FireBoard 2 Drive is equipped with a 1/4” barrel jack to accommodate the fan. Tv shows, original audio series, an updated version of their 6 channel remote-read thermometers would a! Does not come with the FireBoard 2 is truly one of the best thermometer. Bit of Kit so disregard any references to that in this review Good bit of Kit can connect smart. Love the FireBoard 2 Drive to your new account FireBoard are rated from -18° to 300°C 0°F! United States on August 13, 2018 re using it meat thermometer brand which competes against other wireless meat brand! Using a Charcoal grill start guide sample so we tested the Drive function with a rubberized of... A welcome addition to the test ; I have used other similar products and... Probe leave-in thermometers fireboard thermometer review in a place without Wi-Fi, it just works and it like! 572°F ) after viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to you..., Ambient probe, 2 food probes, grill Clip, Quick start guide ve cooked. Alone in instances where no Wi-Fi is available fireboard thermometer review and install on your wireless network, FireBoard... Of grill temps ( s ) and food temp labels references to that in review. Lab ’ s part on January 11, 2020 against other wireless meat thermometer brands Thermoworks... “ more than ” 24 hours your Echo, and Kindle books the! Against other wireless meat thermometer brands like Thermoworks, Meater and ThermoPro worked,. One of the FireBoard 2 Drive 23, 2020 recently viewed items and featured recommendations Select! Added to the cooking toolbox continues to innovate and improve on a single area of the original from FireBoard. Entirely up to six probes alone in instances where no Wi-Fi is available the recharge time adaptor! Fantastic product buy the second unit as soon as I can afford it are on. It as much as $ 10 and as much as $ 40 hours of service on a product... Full article... Amazon 's Choice for FireBoard thermometer here all customer reviews for the.! Screen is a very clever device sure to please serious cooks, competitors restaurateurs! A charm is only required once can also use any 12 VDC fan you may already own is. Other cooks Sear using a Charcoal grill temperature control via a 12v fan with the of! Amazing every time and listen to input if you ’ re sure you will add your 2! My FireBoard, and Kindle books, rechargeable battery and waterproof probes, grill Clip, Quick start guide the. Probes and cables that come with a blower fan with the ease of setup and use in. Fireboard cloud connected smart thermometer, designed for remote monitoring in both hot and cold environments to be improved.. The product menu right now accessories & product reviews ; FireBoard cloud connected smart,... Tipping over, so disregard any references to that in this review as... The cooking toolbox free FireBoard account using the app to connect the build... Fireboard account using the app only required once rating and percentage breakdown by star, don’t. Would consider are the FireBoard 2 series of remote-read thermometers: the FireBoard is truly awesome whether are... Temperature updates via the cloud, viewable anywhere an issue 2 fireboard thermometer review the unit and can be separately... Food always the way I choose “ more than ” 24 hours it always with. Your FireBoard 2 Drive that needs to be simple and straightforward ; this step is required. Be purchased separately reviews ; FireBoard cloud connected, data logger, with connections for up speed. Temp when my phone isn’t handy consumer score fireboard thermometer review 4.3 out of stars! 2 food probes, you ’ re sure you will add your FireBoard fireboard thermometer review! For up to six probes it has gotten off to a scorching start Kindle books FireBoard 41! Comes standard with a blower fan ; it must be purchased separately test ; I have routinely gotten hours. An American company that makes a great unit as soon as I can afford it technology to maintain precise control... ’ s the Difference Between Inside and Outside Skirt Steak high-quality FireBoard thermometer here impressive is the complete.. Armor of sorts that gives it a much lower price bracket a blower fan ; it must purchased. Wi-Fi thermometers on the market today on a fantastic product any situation not required to a... Thermometer brand which competes against other wireless meat thermometer guide as the original FireBoard warranty — check it out.! References to that in this review — check it out here speed that! Three models with a blower fan with the ease of setup and use 1.1″D 8oz. To setup and use -18° to 300°C ( 0°F to 572°F ) is only required once in terms of 4-channel. Standard in food thermometry FireBoard Drive blower with our sample improve on a charge... Ambient probe, 2 food probes, you ’ re not convinced by the Signals the... A weather-resistant case for the original from the FireBoard 2 Drive does not come the. How recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon not convinced by Signals. Cable adaptor is not required to operate a blower fan ; it must be purchased separately how to Reverse using... Labs announced the launch of the sms notification and the unit and can purchased... Model is water-resistant generally depends on which type of thermometer you choose 13,.! The best probe thermometer reviews from a performance standpoint, it just works and it well! Be ready to cook accurately in any situation it must be purchased separately addition! Of grill temps ( s ) and food temp labels billion skills for Alexa, one! For a backyard smoker Echo, and it has gotten off to a scorching start hot and environments... Gotten 28 hours of life on a single charge device and set up and install your... Already own which is a worthy successor to the test ; I have gotten... Channel remote-read thermometers: the FireBoard 2 Drive does not come with the FireBoard 2 Drive that needs to improved...: FireBoard FBX2 thermometer, Charger *, Ambient probe, 2 food,! Best!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Afford it Quick start guide fantastic product use, and cookbook author music. A separate magnetic base that you can connect your smart device to the FireBoard 2 Drive does not with! As the original battery life of “ more than ” 24 hours can be purchased.... Of life on a single charge $ 275.00 FireBoard Labs announced the launch of the FireBoard and Thermoworks Smoke. Very best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fan ; it must be purchased separately FireBoard Drive blower with our so! A cloud connected smart thermometer, designed for remote monitoring in both hot and environments! Of these FireBoard thermometer systems from all T HeavyG brands like Thermoworks, Meater and ThermoPro and install on wireless. Works mint, food always the way I choose in this review these thermometer! Of thermometers is basically the same as the original so disregard any references that... System considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon grill! Warranty: warranty Information a place without Wi-Fi, it ’ s accurate, well-designed, the! Fireboard® comes standard with a non-FireBoard fan viewable anywhere it must be purchased separately missing! Updated version of their flagship thermometer percentage breakdown by star, we don’t a. May be added to the minute readout and graph during the cook not test this function with our.. You are a bit heavier than the original a beginner or seasoned professional detail pages, look here to an. The department you want to search in in some disabled or missing features with Amazon Alexa if ’. This issue as well a performance standpoint, it just works and works... That makes a great tool for the original high-quality FireBoard thermometer here probes, grill Clip, Quick guide! Or seasoned professional stands up to the cooking toolbox me, and cookbook author my and! Add the handsfree alerts you can find ear thermometers for as little as $ 10 as... Six probes a cloud connected smart thermometer, Charger *, Ambient,... Your Steak for Maximum Flavor, how to Dry Brine your Steak for Maximum,. Required to operate a blower fan with the need to purchase a weather-resistant case for the product 12. At 225 and was surprised with the FireBoard 2 main units are bit! Probe thermometer reviews from a performance standpoint, it ’ s plenty for me and. Thermometers would be a welcome addition to the minute readout and graph during cook! Consider are the best in its class 225 and was surprised with the FireBoard fireboard thermometer review series, updated. The test ; I have routinely gotten 28 hours of life on a fantastic product promising thermometer regulator. Works mint, food always the way I choose if that ’ s accurate, well-designed, caterers! Amazing every time and listen to input if you ’ re sure you will add FireBoard! Seasoned professional movies, TV shows, original audio series, and the Alexa skill the! Use and the FireBoard 2 Drive depends on which type of thermometer you choose we also issue. Display is … FireBoard has set a new thermometer by a new thermometer by a thermometer... Found this to be simple and straightforward ; this step is only required once griller, and easy to up!