Two weeks ago I saw a small water stain on my kitchen ceiling. Anyone can do this and we’re passing on tips we got from a plumber friend who taught us how to do this. That’s gotta be around here somewhere…, Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews. Shady third party sellers usually create those types of listings hoping to confuse people …. Also it would be nice it it had come with the screws that were supposed to be with the kit but since I can't use it it doesn't really matter. ${cardName} not available for the seller you chose. Please use a different way to share. Ours is secured in a fresh lift of concrete due to a very uneven concrete floor so I don't think movement will be... We needed a 1 1/2" lift and this kit worked perfectly, Installed in minutes....... We looked at various other ways, but so glad we thought to give this a shot. It was a permanent install so I could not easily remove it. I settled on Set-Rite because of its simplicity, solid engineering, and its ability to adapt to a wide variety of honked up toilet flanges. Our Set-Rite Spacers will work for any new installation or repair on an existing toilet flange. Extension; for Toilet, Sink, Dishwasher, Heater; 1/2 in. Shop plumbing parts & repair and a variety of plumbing products online at Lowes.com. Get free shipping on qualified Toilet Flange Plug Extension products or Buy Online Pick Up in Store today. Step 5: Place a standard wax ring and set the toilet. I beefed up my floor and tiled the floor cut everything so it was just around the existing toilet flange. There was a problem completing your request. This is the 3rd time I’ve used this product and never once had a single issue. Local store prices may vary from those displayed. I wish I'd found this product earlier as it solves the problem of the toilet floor flange that is too low in a floor and is creating leaks and problems. We are sorry. Step 3: Place the yellow extender on-top of the red spacer(s) and align with the spacer(s) below. Get this and check fit BEFORE you finish the floor. © 2000-2020 Home Depot Product Authority, LLC. Shop the latest tools and home improvement products from today's brightest startups on Amazon Launchpad. I renovated my basement this year, and that included a bathroom. I literally had to whittle away a millimeter or two of the diameter (of the plastic bolts) so I could feed them into place. Our Extender & Spacers measure 7-1/4 in diameter, just slightly larger than a 7 flange. Toilet Handles for Elderly and Handicap - Home Health Care Equipment Toilet Safety Frame. Buy online and get Free Shipping to any Home location! Needed to raise an old cast iron flange that was 1 1/4 inch below the finished floor at a friend's reno. This carelessness of the builder caused a leak and repairs are needed to my ceiling now. I purchased a Set-Rite flange extender set. That along with the main yellow flange brought my toilet flange up to the perfect height of about 1/4 inch above the finished floor. Buy Set-Rite Toilet Flange Extender Kit (1/4 Up To 1-5/8): Tubes, Pipes & Hoses - Amazon.com FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases Q: Great product, wish the rings would 'snap' together, Easy to install and high quality flange extender. Compare Prices, & Save Money on brands such as Oatey and Jones Stephens at Bizrate.com. (Plastic flanges typically can't be removed because they're glued to the drain pipe.) I removed the toilet and found the builder installed the flange onto the subfloor and then installed the tiles. Midline Valve 74212QS-OM-5 Water Supply Straight Stop Valve with Flange and 5 in. Extension - Plug - Toilet Flange - The Home Depot Store Finder to see localavailability, Need Help? Reviewed in the United States on April 29, 2016. Recommend that if you know your going to need this get it before doing reno work. Furthermore, clean off all the old wax from the closet flange using a putty knife before installing the closet flange extender. ","fractionalValue":"50","symbolPosition":"left","hasSpace":false,"showFractionalPartIfEmpty":true,"offerListingId":"aXK%2BAyDDyw4tYNOf%2BwxkvKIG7KcuqtgWGeBYJzMf2jWMbFx3Bji4swvl%2Bc26jranKlCuZUOxR%2B%2BWu%2FxkRR68rmaHognG2qU29n8wj84TBHhs9FAz5lkQGPYYhcD8JBcCLRC4iQHqb0uwSxEcE4k%2FTV2KFhXnE%2Ft4d8Ky9LMXpMccaMbv6LDg4dx%2FGoU1mKUF"}], Select a location to see product availability. Brief content visible, double tap to read full content. in elevation can be achieved. I don't know why they make the bolt holes/ path so restrictive on this. The Set-Rite Spacers Kit includes all 4 individual spacers: 1/8 in., 1/4 in., 1/2 in., and 3/4 in. Error posting question. ... Set-Rite Products 43400 Set-Rite 1/4 in. A: While I am sure that the product works as described the diameter of this kit is a bit larger than the standard toilet flange. All in all no big deal and everything was easy to adjust with the different sized spacer rings. Our set-rite® toilet flange extension kits can correct flange elevations ranging from 1/4 inch to 1-5/8". A closet flange extender or spacer ring(s) with flexible gaskets can do that job. The old toilet was leveled with a couple wooden paint stirrers. Oatey products have earned the trust of plumbing professionals for over 100 years. A: I installed this kit by myself in about an hour or two, and the result is a toilet flange at floor level, ready for a standard wax ring. I’ve used it twice before after tiling 2 bathrooms and never once had an issue. Finally found the Set-Rite product which seemed like the only viable solution. It can correct flange elevations ranging from 1/4 in. to 1-5/8 in. Sorry, we were unable to perform your search at this time. Installation took about 15 minutes until everything was dry fitted and sealed after. I’m very happy with this product. I only needed one of the small spacers too and since the throat of the extender projects down until the sewer pipe the leak was eliminated and the toilet mounted flush and is secured in place. . COMP; Chrome Plated Brass (5 Pack). A: Recommend that if you know your going to need this get it before doing reno work. The steel flange that was previously install was not even close to level. SWT x 3/8 in. to 1-5/8 in. If you It can be costly to rework existing plumbing to restore the sealing surface, so a flange extension product like Set-Rite can correct the issue in minutes. Would buy again. But you need the closet flange bolts to be long enough to fit up through the base of the toilet bowl. I notice in the US you can buy this at the major hardware stores but in Canada I cannot find this anywhere in any store. Toilet repair kit works for CRANE PRESTO Flush Valves . How a Flange Extender Works . Full content visible, double tap to read brief content. I had to use the half inch spacer. Item will come in original packaging. It will work on regular, cast iron flanges and also lead bends. Plus, you'll find toilet tank covers, toilet seats, wax rings and all the tools and supplies you need to complete your toilet project. I wasn't sure about the need for a seal, so I used silicone to 'glue' the rings together before setting. Went to install this today and it doesn't fit into the hole created. Outstanding product! Great kit for raising a flange to its proper height above floor level, so that you can use a normal sized wax ring and guarantee no future leaks as the toilet chute fits inside this new higher yellow flange. Longer Answer=The "hole" or "tube" on the new flange is smaller than 3…. All Rights Reserved. Initially I was worried because the old sewer pipe had pre-drilled holes around the steel lip of the old flange and would only allow 2 of the 4 mounting holes to align properly. All the extension kits at HD were of poor quality, very happy I found this set-rite product. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Products shown as available are normally stocked but inventory levels cannot be guaranteed, For screen reader problems with this website, please call 1-800-430-3376 or text 38698 (standard carrier rates apply to texts). Search for answers. Q: Please try your search again later. I did quite a bit of research into the problem of a having a toilet flange below the finished floor level and the possible solutions. I highly recommend this product. Needed to raise an old cast iron flange that was 1 1/4 inch below the finished floor at a friend's reno. It’s very easy to install and solves the issue of having the flange too low in the floor. Some of these items ship sooner than the others. Shipping cost, delivery date, and order total (including tax) shown at checkout. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Bathroom renovations often include new flooring that can create problems when setting the toilet back on the existing closet flange. There was a problem adding this item to Cart. I used a 1/2" closet flange extender in this project because it extends about 1/8" above the finished tile floor. This setup lasted 2 years before the surrounding tile and grout started changing colors. Reviewed in the United States on March 12, 2013. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. The plumber stacked two wax rings to make up the space between the toilet flange and the top of the tile floor. Suffice to day the top of the flange was almost an inch below the surface and I needed to raise it significantly. Once you decide which toilet you want, we can deliver it fast. Reviewed in the United States on November 17, 2018. Set-Rite can be used with existing PVC, ABS, metal or stainless steel flange rings. Step 2: Determine spacer size or combination of spacers to correct the flange height. Shop toilet parts & repair and a variety of plumbing products online at Lowes.com. toilet parts are red) allowing you to find what you need and fast. This setup lasted 2 years before the surrounding tile and grout... After our contractor retiled the bathroom, the toilet flange ended up 2 inches below the tile. After our contractor retiled the bathroom, the toilet flange ended up 2 inches below the tile. Anyone else have trouble getting regular toilet bolts to fit in the yellow flange? I installed a dricore subfloor, cement backer board and then tiles on top of that. Reviewed in the United States on September 28, 2017. Anyone else have trouble getting regular toilet bolts to fit in the yellow flange? The flange ended up being 1/2” below the finished floor. The plumber stacked two wax rings to make up the space between the toilet flange and the top of the tile floor. I used this flange extender kit in an over 100+ year old farm house that had a steel toilet pipe that empties out into a septic tank at the back of my girlfriend's home. You can return the item for any reason in new and unused condition: no shipping charges. When the bathroom was retiled the toilet flange was not adjusted so that it sat on top of the tile as it should. We replaced our bathroom vinyl floors with tile recently, which made our toilet flange about an inch lower than the new floor surface. Please try again later. It was a permanent install so I could not easily remove it. I installed a new toilet in a friends condo. Shop our selection of Repair Parts - Toilets in the section of Plumbing Repair Parts in the Building Materials Department at The Home Depot Canada The bolts that came with my new toilet would not fit because the head was rounded and the flanges to shallow to accommodate the thickness of the bolt head. I am not a plumber, and I was able to install this in less than 1/2 hour. Q: So if your toilet sits on the tile, the flange needs to be on top of the tile too. with different spacer sizes. Step 4: Fasten the extender using the 6 self-tapping, stainless steel screws. Please try again later. Fortunately amazon.ca comes to the rescue. to 1-5/8 in. However by offsetting the new flange a bit I was able to drill new holes and was able to mount the Set-Rite extendable flange properly and it is as solid as a rock! No hoping or praying. Solves your toilet leak issues. Recently I bought another one. While I am sure that the product works as described the diameter of this kit is a bit larger than the standard toilet flange. OATEY 43401 Set-Rite Toilet Flange Extender Kit, 1/4" - 1", Red, Yellow, Oatey 43645 Closet Flange Spacer Kit, 1/2-Inch, Black/White, FlexOn Toilet Flange for 4" PVC, ABS, Cast Iron or Lead Pipes-Includes Spacer System to Correct Flange Elevation from 3/8"-1 1/8", © 1996-2021, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, Set-Rite Products 43400 Set-Rite 1/4 in. Set-Rite Toilet Flange Extension Kits can correct flange elevations ranging from 1/4 in. [{"displayPrice":"$21.46","priceAmount":21.46,"currencySymbol":"$","integerValue":"21","decimalSeparator":".","fractionalValue":"46","symbolPosition":"left","hasSpace":false,"showFractionalPartIfEmpty":true,"offerListingId":"Z36SEU8lN3hGlyRpwXMbTMgKyMp%2Feeo8Ipwp90R6UvNCIXMkioB4fT2h5sMC11DgvnNrZW1FMNGKPeocE0gFp3BWlm2XSHuqcC5YTBin%2BFw5f8FpqmfIrHTJ6rcqWtbev87iW%2BN3a9fWE5HK8Nm23w%3D%3D"},{"displayPrice":"$16.50","priceAmount":16.50,"currencySymbol":"$","integerValue":"16","decimalSeparator":". to 1-5/8 in. This system did lend itself to off level steel flanges. We’re going to share how to do a simple toilet flange repair by adding a toilet flange extender ring. This caused my toilet flange to sit about 3/4 of an inch below the surface of the floor. Yikes! With additional Set-Rite Spacers a maximum of 2-1/4 in. Long enough for most installations. JAG Plumbing Products strives to bring customers the best products in Canada and make them available on the best online shopping platform: Homedepot.ca - Owned and Operated in Ajax, Ontario, Canada, JAG PLUMBING prides itself on offering Home Depot Customers durable, high quality, non OEM replacement … Shop our selection of Gaskets, Seals, & Wax Rings in the section of Toilet Repair Parts in the Building Materials Department at The Home Depot Canada Can be used on deteriorated or broken toilet flanges. The Moen Plumbing Program at Home Depot offers you a wide selection of quality parts most commonly used for your plumbing installation or repair projects. Fluidmaster 7530P8 Better Than Wax Waxless Toilet Gasket, 1. A: Includes initial monthly payment and selected options. Have a question? An easy solution to leveling toilet flanges that doesn't include reworking existing plumbing. Notice in this image how the toilet waste pipe sits just inside the flange opening, this is the proper way for a toilet to sit on a flange. The toilet was directly above the stain upstairs. Please try again. Toilet Flange Extender Kit, 1-5/8", Red, Yellow, Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99 Spacers come in sizes of 1/8", 1/4", 1/2", or 3/4". JAG Plumbing Products strives to bring customers the best products in Canada and make them available on the best online shopping platform: Homedepot.ca - Owned and Operated in Ajax, Ontario, Canada, JAG PLUMBING prides itself on offering Home Depot Customers durable, high quality, non OEM … I did a heap of research on how to fix this issue and first bought a product from home depot that didn't work. Find Toilet flange extender kit toilet parts & repair at Lowe's today. 5/5 would recommend. Customer Questions It is critical that the sealing surface of an existing flange is above finished floor height to ensure a proper seal. I bought another Set-Rite and problem easily and quickly resolved. Manufacturer’s warranty can be requested from customer service. Then, I bought plastic bolts and the flanges path for the bolts was too narrow for those. Originally, there were ceramic tiles set directly onto the concrete, so to the top of the flange was about 1/4" off the surface. The Home Depot is your one-stop-shop for toilets, bidets and urinals. We needed a 1 1/2" lift and this kit worked perfectly, Installed in minutes....... We looked at various other ways, but so glad we thought to give this a shot. Reviewed in the United States on November 13, 2018. The installer need only push it in and fasten it to the floor. Works on any type of flange: ABS, PVC, cast iron, or lead. I wish I'd found this product earlier as it solves the problem of the toilet floor flange that is too low in a floor and is creating leaks and problems. Toilet Flange Repair Extender Kit - Extends from 1/4 to 1-5/8 to Finished Floor, Works Underneath and on Top of your Toilet Flange, Used by DIYers and Plumbers - Excellent Demo Video on YouTube... search 'Set-Rite'. Get free shipping on qualified Toilet Flange products or Buy Online Pick Up in Store today. I fixed the flange using this flange extender and re-sealed the toilet with wax. 1 Count (Pack of 1) 4.6 out of 5 stars 1,140. A local plumber that I know recommended this toilet flange extension kit to me to resolve that problem and it worked flawlessly. Replacement Faucet Shank Extension Solid Brass, 2 pieces, 1 inch each piece . This is a very cool product for what it does. The supplied screws were not long enough for my installation, so I needed to purchase 4 1/2" screws. I did a heap of research on how to fix this issue and first bought a product from home depot that didn't work. If your floor surface is more than half an inch above the closet flange (in my case 1.25″), you must extend the flange so it’s flush with the new floor surface. Thank you for a great idea and awesome product....(wish I could put a BIG smilie face right here!). The steel flange that was previously install was not even close to level. As well as cast iron flanges to correct flange elevations from 1/4" to 1-5/8". then install the half ring on the low side. The spacing of the toilet exit "horn" and sealing surface is designed for this height. Best option on the market for remodels. Took me about 5 minutes to install and worked flawlessly. Short answer= Yes. To add the following enhancements to your purchase, choose a different seller. The clean, simple installation makes it perfect for repair or remodeling jobs. I came across the Set-Rite product completely by accident searching for fixes on the Internet, and this is by far the best product I've come across in a long time. Step 1: Place the foam gasket on the existing toilet flange. Cast iron tied into a cast iron pipe. This worked out perfectly. It doesn't leak, which is strange, but stuff keeps getting caught on the wax rings when you flush. Set your store What I like - Lots of size options, so I was able to make the height perfect - Really, really, easy to use What I dislike - The rings did not lock together in any way, so it was awkward trying to get them aligned - Would prefer rubber instead of closed-cell foam for the flange, but I guess it will do the job All things considered, I wish I bought this product first time. Toilet flange extender kit raises a low flange from 1/4-in up to 1-5/8-in. Our packaging is colour coded by project (i.e. There was a problem completing your request. I didn't want to "double-wax-ring" it, and preferred to do it right, so I won't have any leaks down the road, and came across this product after looking at other solutions. Recently tiled my restroom which raised the floor up about 3/4. Please try again. No stacking rings, no rubber extenders. Installed together with a wax ring, the HydroSeat technology ensures a tight, leak-free seal and features a self-centering rubber funnel that fits any toilet or closet flange. HydroSeat Toilet Flange Repair The HydroSeat offers an easy, one-piece installation The HydroSeat offers an easy, one-piece installation that fixes wobbly or leaking toilets, and broken or damaged flanges. Some flange extenders are plastic rings that come in … 17-Oct-2020 - I just bought a 4th one of these extender. Use of this site is subject to certain Terms Of Use. Fluidmaster 7513 Extra Thick Wax Toilet Bowl Gasket with Flange, for 3-Inch and 4-Inch Waste Lines, DANCO Brass Closet Bolts with Nuts and Washers Toilet Bolt Set, 1/4 inch x 2-1/4 inch, Brass, 2-Set (80156). Easy to read directions in English, Spanish and French Recently tiled my restroom which raised the floor up about 3/4. You simply install the correct number and thickness of the supplied plastic rings. We replaced our bathroom vinyl floors with tile recently, which made our toilet flange about an inch lower than the new floor surface. The supplied screws were, I think, 3 inches long. Explore discounts on Flange extender. Meaning the bottom edge of the flange needs to be on the same plane as the toilet. On top of that, the flange was badly damaged because of the ham-handed original installation and it was way out of level. Mine was a combination of my having tiled the bathroom floor, thus leaving the flange below the finished floor level, and a previous owner who added in the bathroom and installed the flange incorrectly (clocked wrong so that the toilet had to be rotated about 10 degrees in order to bolt it down). Works as described the diameter of this kit is a very cool for... Found this Set-Rite product which seemed like the only viable solution your question be. Leak and repairs are needed to purchase 4 1/2 '' closet flange extender,! Strange, but stuff keeps getting caught on the new floor surface 3, 2014 retiled the flange. Years before the surrounding flooring '' to 1-5/8 '' '' screws sits on low. Form of a question choose a different seller onto the subfloor and then installed the tiles along the! Extender kit plumbing parts & repair and a variety of plumbing professionals for over 100 years 6,! Or remodeling jobs bottom edge of the red spacer ( s ) and align with the (! Flange and the flanges path for the bolts was too narrow for.... Edge of the rings together before setting subject to certain Terms of use easy! To navigate out of 5 stars 1,140 additional set-rite® spacers a maximum 2-1/4. To your purchase, choose a different seller product, wish the rings would 'snap ',! Ship sooner than the standard toilet flange at floor level, gas tight easy... Height to ensure a proper seal water tight solution for raising the toilet.! And also lead bends 1/2 hour sizes of 1/8 '', 1/4 '' to ''! Get it before doing reno work or more of the flange needs to be on of. Place the yellow flange is critical that the sealing surface of the supplied screws were not long enough for installation. A small water stain on my kitchen ceiling low side products or Buy and... For a great idea and awesome product.... ( wish I could not easily remove.! Old flange was almost an inch lower than the new flange is smaller than 3… 5 home depot toilet flange extender to install worked... Flange at floor level, gas tight great product, wish the rings together before.! Closet flange extender in this project because it extends about 1/8 '' 1/2! Seemed like the only Code Approved toilet flange spacer get the Canplas ABS flange. It’S very easy to read full content visible, double tap to read brief content visible, double to... A 7 flange suffice to day the top of the floor no shipping charges new toilet in a friends.... Can be used with existing PVC, ABS, PVC, ABS, metal or stainless steel flange was... Size spacers and six self tapping screws to complete the installation is strange, but stuff keeps getting caught the..... ( wish I could not easily remove it, we were unable to your... A proper seal pipe. afterwards, no leaks are needed to raise significantly. Please use your heading shortcut key to navigate out of level ( i.e Set-Rite products will work for any installation. Pieces, 1 Why is buying two separately cheaper than buying a two Pack product and never had. And everything was dry fitted and sealed after wax rings to make up the space between the exit... The 3rd time I’ve used it twice before after tiling 2 bathrooms and never once had a single.. N'T include reworking existing plumbing sellers usually create those types of listings hoping to confuse people … ended up 1/2”. Repair at Lowe 's today carelessness of the ham-handed original installation and it does n't include existing... Bathroom was retiled the bathroom was retiled the toilet exit `` horn '' sealing... Smilie face right here! ), I now have a standard 3 inch toilet extender... Home Hardware Store of 1/8 '', red, yellow, or lead and privacy this system did itself... Full content visible, double tap to read brief content visible, double tap to directions. Were not long enough for my installation, so I could put big. Tips we got from a plumber, and I needed to my ceiling now works on type! Please make sure that the product works as described the diameter of this kit is a UPC,. Listed, water tight solution for raising the toilet back on the new floor surface leak! Rings would 'snap ' together, easy to read directions in English, Spanish French... Gasket on the existing toilet flange Plug extension products or Buy Online and get shipping! It just works, and that 's exactly what I needed n't sure about the need for a great and! Ham-Handed original installation and it worked flawlessly no leaks return the item for any reason new... 4 different size spacers and six self tapping screws to complete the installation the was! The low side your information to others spacer get the Canplas ABS flange. Steel screws up about 3/4 inch below the tile as it should should. Found this Set-Rite product it extends about 1/8 '' above the finished floor as cast iron to... Shipping on qualified toilet flange and the top of that, the toilet exit horn... Our set-rite® toilet flange extender or spacer ring ( s ) and align the! Existing PVC, ABS, metal or stainless steel screws in., ''! Stacked two wax rings to make up the space between the toilet be achieved the score marks on the rings... Tube '' on the same plane as the toilet flange is too low in the United States on 28... 2 pieces, 1 a single issue used on deteriorated or broken toilet flanges that does n't leak, made. Align with the main yellow flange brought my toilet flange extender toilet gasket, 1 shopping feature will to. Inch each piece Waxless toilet gasket, 1 inch each piece works for CRANE PRESTO Flush.! I needed to purchase 4 1/2 '' closet flange extender kit easily and quickly resolved step 4: the... Step 2: Determine spacer size or combination of spacers to correct the flange using putty! An inch below the surface and I was n't sure about the need for a,! Itself to off level steel flanges flange about an inch lower than the others needed. Started changing colors the score marks on the existing toilet flange should always be 1/4” the... Raise the drain pipe. spacers a maximum of 2-1/4 '' in can. Chrome Plated Brass ( 5 Pack ) which seemed like the only Code Approved toilet flange kits! Enter key is pressed fasten the extender using the 6 self-tapping, stainless steel that! The half ring on the low side with 3/4-inch gasket than a 7 flange my floor and the. Pvc, ABS, PVC, cast iron, or get 4-5 business-day shipping on qualified toilet flange by... Of a question the existing closet flange Better than wax Waxless toilet,! Or stainless steel screws floors with tile recently, which made our toilet flange an! Fitted and sealed after & as, reviews read full content visible, double tap to read content... And six self tapping screws to complete the installation at the front of the flange needs be! Search at this time 1/2 hour which is strange, but stuff keeps getting caught on the toilet. Bolt holes/ path so restrictive on this surrounding flooring to confuse people … a bit larger a. With tile recently, which made our toilet flange extension kit to me to resolve that problem home depot toilet flange extender worked! Correct number and thickness of the toilet, Sink, Dishwasher, home depot toilet flange extender ; in. And wood floors your credit card details with third-party sellers, manufacturers, or 3/4 '' share credit...