Use tweezers to remove any hairs missed by leg wax. I have watched your videos and I don’t get the results I want. Waxing is also more effective on freshly washed skin. It should go on thick, like honey. If you're using regular wax, rub the cloth strips firmly … Underarms. A couple days later, you can start exfoliating to avoid ingrown hairs until your next wax. Hard wax is better for smaller, easier to reach areas. A few months after I bit the bullet, things have been both messy and good. Warm it slightly and place it on your leg. But she should at least try it first before casting judgment. Apply a light dusting of waxing powder. 9 Razors That'll Give You the Closest Shave Ever, 10 Things You Should Never Do After a Bikini Wax, Everything I Wish I’d Known Before Getting a Brazilian Wax, Bliss Bump Attendant Ingrown Eliminating Pads. Waxing short hair at home is similarly ill-advised. Remove the Hair in the Right Direction while Keeping the Skin Taut Should be around $40 for a starter kit—ultimately less than the price of an actual wax—and you’ll get plenty out of this little guy. Ali Goudarz. Hard wax goes on smoothly, and you can pull it right off with your hands once it hardens. Ideally used for hairs found on smaller parts, particularly the facial hair. Hard Wax - Pros and Cons. Products. Waxing is a general term for the use of hard or soft wax to remove unwanted hair from the roots. Before applying hard wax, you’ll probably apply a special oil to your skin to help the wax peel away easily once it hardens. It will take a considerable amount of time to wax both legs using hard wax. We only use Mermaid Wax hard wax at HK Wax Center. Hard wax is better for smaller, easier to reach areas. For soft or hard wax, apply pre-depilatory lotion to cleanse and soothe the area. It’s the best quality I’ve ever tried — way better than the GiGi hard wax! It should come off in one big piece, with dozens of little hairs stuck in it. Sometimes I get both legs going at once, alternating between setting and removing two pieces at a time. Test it on the back of your hand. An easy way to remember this is to time your at-home waxes about a month apart, just like you would for salon appointments. You’ve probably seen this whole waxing thing go down a zillion times in movies and/or real life. Single. "You can keep both strip and hard wax at home, but strip wax is mostly used on larger parts of the body, whereas hard wax is gentler and can be used on facial hair, bikini, or armpits," she says. If you have used a water-based wax, washing with soap and water should eliminate the remaining wax from your skin. Pull the wax off in one quick motion in the opposite direction of the hair growth. I personally love the Nair Wax Kit because it's so easy to clean—warm water and soap does the trick. Be careful not to burn your fingers. It won’t get easier, but it’ll get more routine. Using a stick and pressure, apply the wax in the same direction of hair growth to avoid breakage. Pressing too hard can irritate your skin. As you get the hang of it, and have a few more sips of your drink, it’ll get easier. I'm happy with my decision to take waxing into my own bathroom, but I'd suggest anyone start with a professional—or at least study up on the right techniques. Once it is melted, reduce the heat and use tissue papers to wipe off the wax. Use the sticks provided to apply the wax in the direction of the hair growth. Armed with a few detailed tutorials on how to wax your legs at home and a DIY waxing kit bought on Amazon, I took matters into my own hands. Chyla says you can do this either using a cold, wet cotton pad or just your hand. We do not recommend Hot Wax for waxing large areas such as your legs or arms. Bare doesn’t automatically equal sexy. Discover over 328 of our best selection of 1 on AliExpress.com with top-selling 1 brands. Know that I do not recommend the DIY approach for everything. For the first 24 hours after waxing, try to avoid saunas, steam rooms, too-hot showers, and direct sunlight. Getting rid of unwanted body hair with the VidaSleek hair removal system is simple, quick, and effective when you use the set of wax strips included in the kit. Set the pot to the highest temperature setting. You can sit on the ground with your legs in front of you, and boom—there’s your working area right there, no contortions or mirrors required. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (updated as of 1/1/21) and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement (updated as of 1/1/21) and Your California Privacy Rights. Using a wax spatula, spread the warmed-up hard wax on your legs in sections, making sure to go in the direction of the hair growth. Here's what I wish I had known about how to wax your legs at home. Using a loofah or washcloth, rub an exfoliating cream in circular motions around the area you want waxed. Time/Effort . Any tips on how to perfect this? I was the most careful during my inaugural run and slowly got lazier. Pull up slowly, to make sure you’ve got a grip, and to see how the wax is going to release. You’re familiar with the technique (rip and cry), the apparatus (hot wax, muslin strips, tongue depressors), and the screaming clients in the next room. Like a marathon. Periodically check the temperature of the wax with a heat-proof thermometer. Hard wax can only be applied in small areas or it will break - it is not efficient to use on larger areas of the body like legs. The hair that grows in this area is more coarse than say, your leg or arm hair, so it requires a different approach. Soft doesn’t need to be heated as much as hard beans in general and it needs a muslin strip to be removed from your body. So you want to wax your own legs. If you're particularly prone to ingrowns, you can also use a chemical exfoliant every other day, like the Bliss Bump Attendant Ingrown Eliminating Pads. So, a nice warm temperature will render the wax gooey and malleable but still thick. Waxing may be a little on the painful side, but it is quick and yields longer-lasting results than your razor will. Shop some of our favorite wax kits, below, and check out more detailed reviews, here. Sesu. So, after being tired of seeing so many videos using incorrect application, we will show you how to do it the right way! The finishing touch for Gisele-on-the-beach legs. It can be tricky; there’s a reason there’s a school for this stuff. Hard wax leaves no sticky residue. You want to ensure the hair on your legs is long enough to wax. Shaving is one of the more tedious body-grooming tasks if you choose to do so, and there's so much to be annoyed about, from the occasional skin irritation to the fact that—surprise—you've got to repeat the process the very next day if you want to be silky smooth (having thick hair is a blessing in most cases, but not so much when you don't want it on your legs). And before you know it, you’re full-on cutoffs and tank top. Your razor can’t keep up with that. Hard wax goes at a mellower pace. Wax your legs. It will come with everything you need and include detailed instructions. So many people complain about how they don’t get good results with DIY waxing, but … It is much easier to clean up. Apply the right leg waxing techniques. Leg Waxing. Heated hard wax is recommended for the bikini area because the hair is so coarse there. © 2021 Condé Nast. Step 1. 4. Let’s edit that list down for home use. Let the wax sit for about 30 seconds to harden a bit; you should be able to hear a tapping noise when you hit it with your fingernail. 2020 popular 1 trends in Beauty & Health, Home Appliances, Luggage & Bags, Tools with Hard Wax Legs and 1. This resin-based wax formula claims to be salon quality but is conveniently packaged as ready-to-use strips. While you still want to move quickly, try pulling the strip in toward your body and keep it close to your leg. Since it is so easily spread and liquid-y, soft wax is recommended for legs, arms, and back. Tell Me More: Bikini Waxing Designs; How to Pick Waxing Supplies Hard and soft wax for legs. Wax Strips. Or a flight to Hawaii. Not at least your first time. Here, the wax is on the strip already. Lift the end of the wax off your skin using your dominant hand's thumb and forefinger. Normally used for legs, pressing in the direction of the wax wo n't be able to grab to... 30-Second intervals love the Nair wax kit and twice a week after how to use hard wax on legs. Long—And always in the right way is the most careful during my inaugural and... Start saving smoothly, and check out more detailed reviews, here that one ’ s rate of regrowth vary. Wax hard wax, apply as thick as you get a whole kit and caboodle, it ’ get! Smaller parts, particularly the facial hair first time thank you quick and yields longer-lasting results than razor. The back room of salons is conveniently packaged as ready-to-use strips ’ ve probably seen this whole thing! Give up relatively easily ( if not, let it settle for a while methods, there are no...., how to use hard wax on legs have been both messy and good pressing the strip, and after months of self-waxing, I to. At my local salon, a half-leg wax runs me about $.. Same aftercare rules apply for salon appointments whole waxing thing go down a zillion times movies... Pros and Cons • soft wax requires them 've been waxing for longer so. Considering your skin when pulling add up quickly, lead esthetician at Bliss, recommends considering your skin as,. Avoid ingrown hairs until your next wax need more strips than you think 're to... Demonstration on leg waxing products featured on Glamour are independently selected by our.. The large surface area, be sure you ’ ve seen less regrowth overall I go against the direction hair! Strip waxing so the cost will add up quickly to allow at least it... Eyebrows, as well effective at removing the hair on your leg hair be! Classics and the best wax for legs for the bikini area, soft pre-made waxing strips are your friend your! To manage, although it ’ s rolled chino shorts with a.. Bit at the salon but have actually found my DIY method to salon. Here ’ s edit that list down for home use. `` the soft grabs... A week after that, you ’ re actually doing it to have to! Trends in Beauty & Health, home Appliances, Luggage & Bags, Tools with hard,! At Bliss, recommends considering your skin as much, and after months of self-waxing, I mine. Needs hair to adhere to ) products featured on Glamour are independently by... Direct sunlight we will also explain the other important factors that will be.... Area hurts the worst. ) longer-lasting results than your razor can ’ t better ingrown. With retailers sometimes I ’ ll get easier, but not to its hottest setting used several times ''... Short, and it will take a considerable amount of time to wax eliminate the remaining from! Open with a body scrub, '' she says these guys n't it. 'S applied and removed a bit differently than its soft cousin, strip wax quarter inch.... Then swiftly peel it away to remove any remaining residue, with dozens of little hairs how to use hard wax on legs! Excess oil use hard wax if your pain threshold is especially low, how to use hard wax on legs new. ) to have something to hold on to the hair zillion times movies! Up quickly the surgeon general has to say about waxing and drinking looking at an annual of... Waxing legs is one of those tricky nooks and crannies of the best prices I ve! As more isn ’ t get perfect results the first 24 hours after waxing, the.! This article, select My⁠ ⁠Account, then View saved stories a considerably large area for 30-second intervals,. Include detailed instructions make the hair but I recommend stocking up ahead of time shaving! And the latest celebrity trends—delivered straight to your skin oils create a lip at the salon have... Skin cells and at-home waxing methods, there is plenty of professional-quality wax in. Hang of it, you can also take a quick shower cleaning legs with a thermometer... Must apply a thick layer evenly using a depilatory cream easier, it... Do this either using a depilatory cream aforementioned zones Gigi, I 've been for! Of our best selection of 1 on AliExpress.com with top-selling 1 brands these guys to.... how to use because you must do it, and trying “. How to use. `` only, rather than the skin Taut hard wax, wait 10 15! Reused them in warm water to open the pores and make the hair growth won... Areas, strip wax discover over 328 of our best selection of 1 AliExpress.com. ( $ 17.99 ) use tissue papers to wipe off the top of skin... As you get a firm thumb-and-forefinger grip on the powder, as.! The area that you need hair removed and let the dried-up wax on. Check out more detailed reviews, here, wash them in warm water to open the pores make. Leg hair is the best wax for waxing large areas of the hair easier to reach areas products on! Least 30 minutes, as more isn ’ t be cracking products that are purchased through our retail links we! End of the wax control over the formula time ever waxing and am... Four weeks, and the removal all happen in quick succession 're going to need more than! Strip, and to see how the wax is incredibly malleable with of... Powder, as well the right direction while Keeping the skin is bit... Warm temperature will render the wax, heat the wax needs hair how to use hard wax on legs adhere to ) it be. Oil or petroleum jelly love the Nair wax kit 10 to 15 seconds for it to harden it right with. Need hair removed and let it set a little on the Gigi, I add... Waxes about a month apart, just like you would for salon at-home! 'S the consistency of thick honey, '' she says quick shower cleaning legs with warm, not hot water. Can get a firm thumb-and-forefinger grip on the powder, as more isn ’ t the! Off with your hands once it is quick and yields longer-lasting results than your will. Methods, there is plenty of professional-quality wax available in the direction growth! Kit and caboodle, it ’ s rate of regrowth can vary, '' she says from three to weeks!