=D).- Thanks to everyone. If you reference things from C drive; for one the file would need to be located in the same location on everyone's pc. The example above uses an Ogg file, and will work in Chrome, Edge, Firefox and Opera. The simplest example of relative path is just a file name, like index.html. thank you again guys! Book about an AI that traps people on a spaceship. What if I made receipt for cheque on client's demand and client asks me to return the cheque and pays in cash? If your current directory is /about/ then index.html would be one, but if you switch it to /contacts/ then it will be another. Got here for I had the same problem that stated in the question. How was the Candidate chosen for 1927, and why not sooner? Because the index.html file and the images folder are in the same folder, we can simply have a url of images to link to the images folder. Is it bad practise to start links with “/” in html? Why is the in "posthumous" pronounced as (/tʃ/). But how to load it to app? URLs will resolve to local resources only if the page was loaded from a local HTML file (usually expressed as a file://... URL). You might have to do some research on that, but I think it has something to do with how the page is rendered, objects defined in the header section are rendered pre the page load, so although you are asking for c:\xxx.css it is actually being found as if on the server, am waffling might not be even close :). It will not work if the HTML file, and the image are in different locations (for this, enter the entire path of the image). If you add two dots before the leading slash, it means you're referencing the parent of the current directory. The img src stands for image source, which is used to specify the source of an image in the HTML tag. Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. Even if Democrats have control of the senate, won't new legislation just be blocked with a filibuster? Stack Overflow for Teams is a private, secure spot for you and How to create an HTML button that acts like a link? slightly off topic but if this tip does not work and the images are still not showing up, it can be that they are not saved right in photoshop and are ‘Index format’. Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow! Website is not online yet, just in editor. the second checkmark is orange, the third checkmark is purple, the forth checkmark is yellow. A leading slash tells the browser to start at the root directory. Is it possible for an isolated island nation to reach early-modern (early 1700s European) technology levels? File paths are like an address of file for a web browser. So in this chapter, you will learn how to display images on a web page and customize it. By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. usemap: Specifies a client-side image map to be used with the image. For example, file:/D:/images/logo.png Why do massive stars not undergo a helium flash. Does healing an unconscious, dying player character restore only up to 1 hp unless they have been stabilised? What is the right and effective way to tell a child not to vandalize things in public places? This can either be a full URL, an absolute path on the current site, or a path relative to the current page. Absolute path example Relative example. I accidentally submitted my research article to the wrong platform -- how do I let my advisors know? How can I set the default value for an HTML