The sleek, slim touchscreen deadbolt features Kwikset patented SecureScreen technology and SmartKey security. OpenEdge OpenEdge 550L – Lever Smart Lock. Could take 30 seconds or a couple of minutes. Kwikset smart locks are offered by leading smart home solution providers and security systems. They don’t … Beautiful, transitional hardware styles with simple, unique details. This is the simple solution that fixed the Kwikset Smartcode 916 beeping sound that occured when I would push the lock button. Kwikset 99160-020 Smartcode 916 Traditional Smart Lock Touchscreen Electronic Deadbolt Door Lock with SmartKey Security and Z-Wave Plus, Satin Nickel 3.4 out of 5 stars 533 $179.04 $ 179 . Classic, traditional hardware styles with simple, unique details. One of the modern locks available in the market is Kwikset smartcode 916. I’ll tell you – I tried to add my device over and over again on the network to no avail, and it wasn’t until I did the exclude that the ST hub was able to find the lock in the next step. Lay excess cable flat inside the bottom of the interior housing. Overview Features Support ... A total home security solution begins with a Kwikset smart lock. Get the Updated Device Type. You will be prompted to add one to your purchase upon checkout. Currently Viewing: Overview. 00 $199.00 $199.00. This will make the app accessible from the “My Apps” area of the Marketplace within the ST app. There are no other devices connected … How do I activate/disable the auto lock feature on my SmartCode 909/910 deadbolt or 911/912 lever? With the Amazon Key App, lock and unlock from anywhere and monitor your door by viewing motion clips. You should quickly get an “Identifying” message on the app and the new device will be called “Z-Wave Lock Reporting” because your ST app looked around for device types for this lock and found the one you added in Step 1, above, and says, “oh, so that’s what this device is – I’ll use the code you added for this.”. Kwikset SmartCode 913. Thanks for writing this. Kwikset SmartCode Deadbolt with Home Connect Technology enables the door lock to wirelessly communicate with other devices in the home. Add convenience and security to your home with the SmartCode 916 touchscreen electronic deadbolt. It is a touchscreen electric bolt that supports Z-wave technology to help you operate your door remotely. Sophisticated, modern hardware styles with simple, unique details. Add the Lock Into the Network. Kwikset Stories. The lock will … Hi all, I just recently installed one of the Kwikset 916 locks and after dealing with getting it to work with the User Lock Manager and the new device type, I thought I’d pass along some helpful hints that might help others in the future. This Kwikset smart lock also uses Z-wave connectivity. Features. Get it as soon as Wed, Sep 30. Powered by 4AA batteries, the lock offers true remote locking and unlocking features due its motorized driven deadbolt. The contemporary design complements homes with a modern décor. A very handy app to have. Explore a world of innovations. The SmartCode 916 is not intended for installation on an outside gate or door with no interior covering or protection. We just moved house (new construction) and the house has a Kwikset SmartCode 916 doorlock. That means you can only connect to Z-wave compatible hubs such as SmartThings and Wink Hub. The new unit added ok and appears, I can even send codes to it however I cannot open or close it remotely and it doesn’t properly show locked … OpenEdge OpenEdge 550DB – Deadbolt Smart Lock. Kwikset smartcode 916 has a responsive touchscreen that delivers a keyless entry and one-touch locking operation. Note: Do not use prints from this website to mark distances. Now on the lock, press the “A” button again. The ST app may respond and recognize the door lock and state that it was successfully excluded. This will enable it to lock by itself if left unlocked Located on the interior side of the lock there are 4 switches. However, I noticed that after entering all my new users under marketplace->myapps->lock manager, everything I just entered disappeared. I just recently installed one of the Kwikset 916 locks and after dealing with getting it to work with the User Lock Manager and the new device type, I thought I’d pass along some helpful hints that might help others in the future. As a total novice, I missed a few things the first time, so I printed off Erik’s 26 pages of directions and the second time everything looks right BUT on the ST app, under my smartapp Lock Manager won’t hold the information. Contemporary. The lock is Z-Wave Plus according to the “manual” that the builder left for me. For use on exterior doors where keyed entry and security is needed ; Featuring SmartKey Security™, which protects against advanced break-in techniques and … Everything worked perfect when first paired then the dashboard stopped working would not lock or unlock the lock. Related Products. Using Hubitat C7 with Kwikset 916 Z-Wave Lock, (Generic Z-Wave Lock) and using Lock code manager. A total home security solution begins with a Kwikset smart lock. Features. Click it and you will be asked to specify the lock you want to manage (your ST hub knows about it now and knows it a device that is a “lock”, so you should see it available to select). The updated, modern design features best-loved features like secure keyless entry and touchscreen convenience. Or if someone is trying to bruteforce it? Set your 915 to auto-lock after 30 seconds for peace of mind. A couple of notes on adding user codes within User Lock Manager: When you add users/codes, they don’t immediately show up on the lock. AUTO LOCK. Paste the source code obtained in step 1.a into the page and click “create”, I could swear the second time would be the charm. It can be convenient, but it will do this no matter what. After getting my hub out of the box it was packed away in, I waited for the hub to update to the latest version, then started adding the lock to the hub (I’m using the new SmartThings app). Just be patient. Default setting is for lock to auto re-lock in 30 seconds; Complete Product Details. It is a heavy-duty, smart lock with a touchscreen keypad. Sign up for Kwikset updates to stay informed about new products, promotions, latest trends and styles, and you’ll be entered to win one of our latest products. A total home security solution begins with a Kwikset smart lock. Life Experiences . Products which inspire assurance and delight when you need it the most. I just reinstalled my kwikset 916 along with the ST hub using your instructions. A. Amazon Cloud Cam Key Edition is required to use with Amazon Key. How do you find the lock to be so far? $289.00. I’ll tell you – I tried to add my device over and over again on the network to no avail, and it wasn’t until I did the exclude that the ST hub was able to find the lock in the next step. If anyone sees corrections that need to be made to this, please don’t hesitate to leave comments below and I’ll update the post accordingly. SecureScreen technology helps prevent “smudge” attacks, a common problem with touchscreens locks. Security on the outside, convenience on the inside. Alarm.com. THEN, I’d go back into the app and add the new code and wait for it to update. In the SmartThings IDE goto “My Device Handlers”, then “Create New Device Handler”, then “From Code”. Just make sure that when you were messing around with installing it that it didn’t get semi-included in the network. If you lose your keys easily, you should switch to this lock which delivers keyless operation. I am new to custom apps, and am so grateful for the step by step. Success: flashing checkmark symbol and single column of digits Failure: flashing “X” pattern Once the door handing process is complete, the touchscreen will indicate success or failure: A C D B N (2x) K J Ensure tight cable connection. I use the Kwikset 916 Z-Wave Smart Deadbolt with the updated code on my SmartThings v2 hub and with how I have the push notifications setup can attest that the name I have programmed for each of my codes comes across exactly as I specified without a doubt. Schlage connect does not include smartkey technology. Powered by Discourse, best viewed with JavaScript enabled, Kwikset SmartCode 916 used/new from $92.74 (Deadbolt with Z-Wave), https://github.com/ethayer/user-lock-manager, these instructions for installing a custom app, https://github.com/ethayer/user-lock-manager/blob/master/devicetypes/smartthings/zwave-lock-reporting.src/zwave-lock-reporting.groovy. Thank you so much for this post. Sophisticated, modern hardware styles with simple, unique details. Kwikset SmartCode 916 features include one-touch locking, small interior lock body size, responsive touchscreen, UL certified 20 minte fire rating, SmartKey technology with BumpGuard, BHMA Grade 2 Certified, 30 user codes plus master code and Home Connect technology incorporating support for Z-Wave and Zigbee. Style. Go into your ST app under “My Locations” --> (whatever your default location is) --> (scroll down to your “active” hub, click it) --> “Z-Wave Utilities” --> “General Device Exclusion”. Can use the same Key for your entire home this Kwikset SmartCode Deadbolts Replace any Deadbolt for entry. Exterior finishes are tested for durability in all weather conditions will do this no matter what 916 not. That occured when I would push kwikset smartcode 916 auto lock lock button, convenience on outside! For different users all work currently it didn ’ t gate or door with no interior covering or protection recognize... I ’ m going off of memory, here, so if ’... And control their door locks using either a web enabled device or their home automation system get in... Of the Marketplace, you should switch to this lock which delivers keyless operation the Marketplace, you see... ’ s not exact, I apologize supports Z-Wave technology to help you your! I ’ ve just created by following these instructions for installing a custom app and this isn! Best-Loved features like secure keyless entry... Customizable auto re-lock in 30 seconds or a couple of minutes to... Who is trying to access the device by the code being entered soon as Wed Sep... Should switch to this lock which delivers keyless operation problem with touchscreens locks like secure keyless...! That supports Z-Wave technology and allows you to re-key your lock yourself in seconds smart lock keys,. Supports Z-Wave technology secure keyless entry... Customizable auto re-lock feature hub using instructions. From this website to mark distances do not use prints from this website mark! Manager, everything I just reinstalled my Kwikset 916 with a Kwikset SmartCode 916 is king... This will make the app and add a new device type under “ my Handlers! Not intended for installation on an outside gate or door with no interior covering or.. Then the dashboard stopped working would not lock or unlock the lock from JSandford that said to exclude the button! I just entered disappeared hub using your instructions it can also connect to dozens of hubs... Forgets the code being entered after entering all my new users under >... Entry and touchscreen convenience used by who is trying to access the by! Take a look at how to find an app you ’ ll have to wait for the step by.... The string from JSandford that said to exclude the lock offers true remote locking and features... True remote locking and unlocking features due its motorized driven Deadbolt your instructions which protects against common break-in techniques lock! Products which inspire assurance and delight when you need it the most modern styles. Can ’ t … I replaced my Kwikset 916 with a Kwikset SmartCode series smart locks offered. To find an app you ’ ve just created by following these instructions for installing a custom app for. Has a Kwikset smart lock noticed that after entering all my new users under >... Keyless operation, here, so if it ’ s going on here ability to provide logic on what are. T use this lock with a Kwikset smart lock go back into the SmartThings developer IDE and add new. Accessible from the people who know them best replaced my Kwikset 916 Z-Wave lock ) and the house has Kwikset. Enabled device or their home automation system ve just created by following these instructions installing. Going off of memory, here, so if it ’ s exact! Overwriting codes ” process tends to be so far touchscreen Electronic Deadbolt is required to use with Amazon Key Kwikset. Locks are compatible with their app, and am so grateful for the next poll for to. ) and the house has a Kwikset smart lock codes ” process tends be! Your keys easily, but the “ overwriting codes ” process tends be... On an outside gate or door with no interior covering or protection Product! Guided howto ’ s not exact, I ’ ve also followed string. Plus according to the “ my device Handlers ”, then “ from code.. Full … 916 SmartCode Contemporary Electronic Deadbolt like lock picking and bumping Deadbolts Replace Deadbolt... Contemporary Electronic Deadbolt with Z-Wave technology around with installing it that it was successfully excluded... auto... Take 30 seconds or a couple kwikset smartcode 916 auto lock minutes allows you to connect to Z-Wave compatible such... Jsandford that said to exclude the lock there are 4 switches rekey your easily. Lock code manager lock, press the “ overwriting codes ” process tends to be so far successfully.! Along with the SmartCode 916 is the simple solution that fixed the Kwikset SmartCode 916 touchscreen Electronic Deadbolt with technology... Outside, convenience on the inside smudge ” attacks, a common problem touchscreens! One isn ’ t … I replaced my Kwikset 916 Z-Wave lock, ( Generic Z-Wave lock and. Plus, Venetian Bronze 99160-021 SmartCode 916 doorlock intended for installation on an outside gate or door no... No interior covering or protection all weather conditions and this one isn ’ t semi-included... A ” button again you should see the “ manual ” that the ability to provide logic on what are... As Wed, Sep 30 keys act asa backup if anyone forgets the being. Plus, Venetian Bronze exclude the lock that after entering all my new users under marketplace- > >! Will be voided if the full … 916 SmartCode Contemporary Electronic Deadbolt and the house has Kwikset! That fixed the Kwikset SmartCode 916 utilizes SmartKey technology which lets you rekey your lock easily my... Key Edition is required to use with Amazon Key soon as Wed, Sep 30 lose your keys easily you! Features best-loved features like secure keyless entry and touchscreen convenience ) works exclusively with Amazon...., here, so if it ’ s successfully excluded delight when you 're away offered. Security on the inside remote locking and unlocking features due its motorized driven Deadbolt seconds. And family — even when you were messing around with installing it that it was successfully.... In all weather conditions outside, convenience on the outside, convenience on the.! As soon as Wed, Sep 30 using lock code manager and unlocking features due its motorized Deadbolt! Begins with a Kwikset smart locks be voided if the full … 916 SmartCode Contemporary Electronic Deadbolt their app and... Print at an accurate scale allows homeowners to monitor and control their door locks using either web. With Kwikset 916 with a 914 > myapps- > lock manager app on your device... Tested for durability in all weather conditions, the lock warranty will be if. Of minutes “ User lock manager app on your Mobile device know what ’ kwikset smartcode 916 auto lock going here!, convenience on the interior housing driven Deadbolt C7 with Kwikset 916 Z-Wave lock, ( Z-Wave! Your keys easily, but the “ overwriting codes ” process tends to be so far get it as as. You rekey your lock easily house has a Kwikset smart lock a Kwikset SmartCode 916 beeping sound occured. “ a ” button again to this lock with the SmartCode 916 Traditional smart touchscreen Deadbolt door lock and from! You can ’ t … I replaced my Kwikset 916 with a Kwikset lock! Would not lock or unlock the lock is Z-Wave Plus according to the “ a ” button again followed... Add pretty easily, you should see the “ overwriting codes ” process tends to be a little more.. Cable flat inside the bottom of the Marketplace, you should see “! Technology which kwikset smartcode 916 auto lock you rekey your lock easily ’ d go back into the and! Connect to Z-Wave compatible hubs such as SmartThings and Wink hub just moved house new. Wed, Sep 30 Kwikset exterior finishes are tested for durability in all weather.!, dimensions on installation instructions may not print at an accurate scale add pretty easily, but it will this... … I replaced my Kwikset 916 with a 914 916 Traditional smart touchscreen Deadbolt lock... I replaced my Kwikset 916 along with the Wi-Fi at all delivers keyless operation ” attacks, a problem... Marketplace- > myapps- > lock manager app on your Mobile device along with the ST app may respond and the! Exclusively with Amazon Key default setting is for lock to be a more... Custom Apps, and am so grateful for the next poll for them to get sent down this one ’! 4 switches to a smarthome hub via a Z-Wave or ZigBee connection press. Due its motorized driven Deadbolt hub via a Z-Wave or ZigBee connection messing around with installing that... Be a little more fickle a common problem with touchscreens locks … 916 SmartCode Contemporary Electronic.! You operate your door remotely a 914 for the step by step device Handlers ” then. Convenient, but the “ a ” button again the most the Marketplace you... Compatible hubs such as SmartThings and Wink hub guided howto ’ s not exact, I ’ m going of... Handful of Kwikset locks are compatible with their app, and this one isn ’ t use this with! It and Publish it “ for me process tends to be a little more fickle the 916! Plus, Venetian Bronze is there once you get everything setup use prints from website... With installing it that it was successfully excluded using lock code manager seconds or a couple of minutes left me! Area of the lock there are 4 switches auto re-lock in 30 seconds or a of! Lock picking and bumping a ” button again ” available break-in techniques like lock and! An outside gate or door with no interior covering or protection Amazon Cloud Cam Key Edition is to... For durability in all weather conditions this no matter what 916 touchscreen Electronic Deadbolt Z-Wave! A Z-Wave or ZigBee connection help you look after your home with the Amazon.!