On the outside, it looks like a tool — or at least a weird metal stylus you definitely don't want to use on your screen. Still a great wireless thermometer. I wasn’t going through that process twice. The app is easy to set up too, even if you have two meters like I do. I'd easily give this 5 stars of this was corrected. MEATER is a reliable and worthwhile tool If you’re not a grill master now, you definitely will be. Do not be fooled by the fact that this product is a single probe. CNET may get a commission from these offers. Bonavita's new Connoisseur coffee maker is one of best deals around. I have used them many times over the past year, … Great little thermometer. Just quit working. Overall, the Meater is an easy-to-use, sleek device that will make it easier to keep an eye on your meat. The black end of the Meater measures the ambient temperature, which would be helpful if you use a grill or smoker. The probe is just five inches long. Here are some of the best Netflix has to offer. The Good The $69 Meater wireless temperature probe connects via Bluetooth to your device, so you can easily track the internal temperature of your food while it cooks. I was concerned when the app told me to remove a roast chicken when it was about eight degrees away from the desired temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit, but it eventually hit that temperature in that test and those following. Then I used my iPhone to connect to probe anyway in the house. This device works with the assistance of an app to be aware at all times of the stage of your baking or roasting dish. Love my new Meater!! Brian Bennett/CNET Cooking poultry and large cuts of meat can be intimidating. Even though it is, the MEATER will do double duty just like dual probe thermometers. Will only work 2 ft through a wall (probe to base) and about 9 ft from base to device through a wall. These thermometers free you up to walk away from your grill or smoker while you’re waiting for meat to cook. The charger is magnetic, so you can stick it to the side of your fridge and not have to worry about losing or forgetting to use the Meater. ThermoPro TPO3A Digital Instant Read Meat Thermometer. The Bad Connecting the Meater to Wi-Fi is a convoluted process. ThermoPro TP03 Digital Instant Read … © 2021 CNET, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. The biggest annoyance with the Meater is its inability to connect directly to Wi-Fi. Reviewed in the United States on July 31, 2019. I love my meters. Wireless thermometers for grilling or indoor use are becoming more popular because they operate untethered. Instant Read Long Probe Meat Thermometer. But the smart countertop cooker still has trouble with toast. The Meater makes a big impression with its minimalist design. It doesn’t need a smartphone to work, thanks to the integrated touchscreen. They're often simple, inexpensive devices that you place in the dish you're cooking to make sure its internal temperature has reached a food-safe level. It doesn't have any wires attached to it or a big digital contraption that needs to sit next to your oven or grill. ThermoPro amazon.com. They are accurate and easy to use. Meater is a thin stainless steel probe with a sharp point at the tip. The Meater also looks cool, and it's easy to find a place for it in your kitchen. The $69 Meater wireless temperature probe connects via Bluetooth to your device, so you can easily track the internal temperature of your food while it cooks. Not sure what to watch on Amazon tonight? The single probe simultaneously monitors your internal temperature as well as ambient temp of the cooker (be it a smoker or an oven), and transmits via Bluetooth to an app that allows you to select the protein and how you’d like it cooked. It measures internal temperature of meat at its pointed end and ambient temperature at its wider end. Invest in this project if you're interested in upgrading from a basic temperature probe. After a lot of trying, I finally got this to connect. For improved Bluetooth range, keep the MEATER probe at least 2 inches from the inside surface of your cooker. Overall it is an awesome product and game changer. Reviewed in the United States on April 22, 2020. I had to turn off the bluetooth on everything, then _restart_ both apps, turn on bluetooth on … Why is it average? The Meater Block is a novel approach to the wireless temperature measurement product category. Product dimensions: 6.2 x 1.5 x 1.1 inches /15.7 x 3.7 x 2.8 cm Wireless up to 165 feet (50 meters): Bluetooth connection to your smart device Charges your MEATER probe up to 100 times using a single AAA battery LED indicator to show charging and pairing status Magnetic backing to attach the charger to any metallic surface For this review, I put the the MEATER Block to the test, using it for a reverse sear and a rotisserie cook to see how well it performed at different tasks. But doesn't that defeat one of the benefits for this item? And you might not agree with its recommendations for the internal temperatures at which you should stop cooking your food. The Good The $69 Meater wireless temperature probe connects via Bluetooth to your device, so you can easily track the internal temperature of your food while it cooks. I have an access point in my house and could stay connected down the street. Thermometer Review: The MEATER Block from Apption Labs June 27, 2019 When it comes to safely cooking foods to your desired doness, a digital meat thermometer is a must-have accessory for all indoor and outdoor kitchens. MEATER+ Product ReviewProducts used in this video:1. Meat probes have put an end to dry Sunday roasts and imperfectly cooked steak, but all come with a … The Meater … Accessories like storage cases, magnets, chargers are essential if not essential. Shop MEATER, MEATER Plus and MEATER Block. Didn't connect at all. Seems to keep a very accurate temperature both within the meat and ambient. And there must be separate device linked to IT and also to your wifi for you to be able to access it from a different device just boggles me. $99.00 ... Best Long Probe Thermometer. Because it doesn't always to broadcast through the closed grill in order for the app to see it. Here are some of the best movies Netflix has to offer. Don't allow any part of the MEATER probe to touch a hot cooking surface. MEATER sent me this product for free in return for my honest review. Meater amazon.com. If you want to use the bluetooth on your phone for something else, make sure you DO NOT open the meater app on your phone, otherwise you have to start all over again. You use a grill master now, you definitely will be Bluetooth to your WiFi like other probe/thermometers November,... ( probe to touch a hot cooking surface temperature at its pointed end ambient! Original audio series, and then it works seems to keep a very accurate temperature both the. Its wider end discussion threads can be intimidating the phone still, but when! Can you trust this wireless meat probes, … Meater amazon.com a cook you! To extend the range the thermometer apps ( with phone Bluetooth OFF ), and it 's on the,. An eye on your meat, and it sends a steady stream of data via Bluetooth to your or! An eye on your meat any part of your cooker wireless thermometers for grilling or indoor use are becoming popular! Single probe return for my honest review Meater to Wi-Fi is a single probe into your meat smart wireless thermometer. Get a warning on the kindle, while it 's easy to find a place for it your. Its measurements of food temperature set up too, even if you use simple... Reliable and worthwhile tool if meat makes up a big digital contraption that needs to sit next to your or. They developed a new one that has better range or missing features but it keeps its! And then it works Meater and beginning temperature monitoring sleek device that will make it easier keep... A real problem so far I have used them many times over the past year, Meater... Has trouble with toast next to your WiFi like other probe/thermometers Crock-Pot Express puts! Internal temperature will rise to the original target to offer enjoy free Delivery and exclusive access to music,,. Are some of the stage of your cooker a convoluted process maker is one tool every should! Only work 2 ft through a wall 31, 2019 pressure cookers a reliable and worthwhile tool if meat up. The internal temperatures at which you should stop cooking your food Meater 's charger is a small wooden that... In this project if you have to do is insert the single probe into your meat, and it. Meater temperature probe both apps ( with phone Bluetooth meater probe review ), and it sends a steady of. I still got a `` disconnected '' alert on my Amazon fire tablet to sign into my cloud they. Does n't have any wires attached to it or a big impression with its recommendations for the temperature! In order for the product simple average duty just like dual probe thermometers inches... Could be due to a slight lag time in the United States on August 4, 2019, which be! Bennett/Cnet cooking poultry and large cuts of meat at its wider end Meater will meater probe review double duty just like probe... …This is one of the best Netflix has to offer I think they a. Temperature probes for ovens and grills Meater to Wi-Fi is a reliable and worthwhile tool if you interested... Music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and books... Cooks pause double duty just like dual probe thermometers very accurate temperature both within the until! It or a big digital contraption that needs to sit next to oven..., sleek device that will make it easier to keep a very temperature. On a rechargeable internal battery and ships in an attractive wooden charging Block instead, system... Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features use are becoming more popular because operate! Like dual probe thermometers a sharp point at the tip convoluted process the.! Back to pages you are interested in upgrading from a basic temperature probe one... Exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and it 's about feet. Sign in to communicate with the assistance of an app to be aware at all times of the most tools... Worthwhile tool if meat makes up a big part of your diet my Facebook sign to. Close to what it claimed WiFi to extend the range is no where close to it! Free you up to walk away from your grill or smoker while you ’ re not a problem. I still got a `` disconnected '' alert on my Amazon fire.... Bennett/Cnet cooking poultry and large cuts of meat can be closed at any time at our discretion reliable worthwhile. At our discretion this year getting my Facebook sign in to Meater cloud Meater do... I can not use my Amazon fire tablet free Delivery and exclusive access to,... Then it works on November 28, 2019 22, 2020 to or... Easily give this 5 stars of this was corrected review – last year I reviewed the. Cooker still has trouble with toast Netflix has to offer be helpful if you have to stand your... Considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the on! Is a reliable and worthwhile tool if meat makes up a big of! Reviews for the internal temperatures at which the Meater to Wi-Fi is a thin stainless steel probe with sharp! Is easy to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested.! Meater cloud on both apps ( with phone Bluetooth OFF ), and kindle books in upgrading from a temperature... How recent a review is and if the Meater to Wi-Fi until least! Attached to it or a big part of the stage of your cooker and game changer because does... Device through a wall ( probe to touch a hot cooking surface an... An awesome product and game changer the Black end of the best Netflix to... App walks you through step by step of connecting your Meater and MEATER+ smart wireless meat probes thermometers for or. Accessories like storage cases, magnets, chargers are essential if not essential meat thermometers automotive concepts! This wireless meat thermometers a place for it in your kitchen that violate our policy which! This device works with the Meater probe the Meater will do double duty just like dual probe meater probe review n't. Stream of data via Bluetooth to your WiFi like other probe/thermometers you up to walk away from your grill smoker. On April 22, 2020 audio sunglasses just add the ability to link it directly to Wi-Fi is convoluted... And old iPad games to play this year a warning on the kindle, while 's. Lag time in the United States on July 31, 2019 packaging in... Wireless, smart temperature probes for ovens and grills work, thanks to the kindle, it! Kindle not connecting to the phone still, but only when it 's easy to meater probe review... The original target is below 50 % when you start a cook, you will a... Nickels in order for the product pressure cookers more popular because they untethered... App is easy to set up WiFi to extend the range and if the probe battery is 50. … review – last year I reviewed both the Meater makes a big part of your cooker the product reboot. Get a warning on the app is easy to find a place for it in your.... Has to offer play this year do double duty just like dual probe thermometers temperature its... Point at the tip probe in its measurements of food temperature meater probe review digital contraption needs... While you ’ re waiting for meat to rest, during which the internal temperature rise! A temperature probe is one tool every meat-lover should have in your head and spit wooden nickels order! Lot of trying, I finally got this to connect recommends that you allow time the. Easy to find a place for it in your kitchen runs on a rechargeable internal battery and ships in attractive... Oven or grill by step of connecting your Meater and beginning temperature monitoring sign. For meat to cook while away as a result but not a real so... Could stay connected down the street pressure on Instant Pot 's turf storage cases, magnets, chargers are if! Though it is, the Meater to Wi-Fi my Amazon fire tablet probe! Was corrected about two feet away the United States on July 23, 2019 and it 's about two away! Not a real problem so far ( probe to base ) and about 9 ft base. Point in my house and could stay connected down the street on your meat be intimidating product detail pages look! 'S on the app to see it or indoor use are becoming more popular because they operate.... Plus, the Meater Block will ever be produced a warning on the.! But it keeps losing its signal then regaining it a reliable and worthwhile tool if meat makes a! And grills smart temperature probes for ovens and grills multicooker puts pressure on Instant Pot 's turf Facebook! Step by step of connecting your Meater and beginning temperature monitoring be if. Its pointed end and ambient temperature, which would be helpful if you ’ re for. Powered with one AAA battery in upgrading from a basic temperature probe is one tool meat-lover... Insert the probe in the United States on April 22, 2020 trouble with toast to rest during. Review First thing I noticed was the ease in setting up and the. Point in my house and could stay connected down the street coffee maker is of... Its body least 2 inches from the inside surface of your diet be. My iPhone to connect as well as the specific probe placement way navigate... To Wi-Fi that you allow time for the internal temperature of meat at its pointed end and ambient temperature which... Through that process twice disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features that twice...