(Поскольку сей апостол был великим сокровищем для язычников, они, если хотели быть благодарными Богу, должны были высоко его чтить. (6) Paul’s greetings are as personal and specific as his prayers, which may very well help to explain the … (472), What he adds respecting the Church in their house is worthy of being observed; for he could not have more splendidly adorned their household than by giving it the title of a Church. Romans 16:4. Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles. 3:8,12. They must by this time have returned from Ephesus-where we last find them in the History of the Acts-to Rome, whence the edict of Claudius had banished them (Acts 18:2); and if they were not the leading members of that Christian community, they wore at least the most endeared to our apostle. Romans 16:4. Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles. Many acts of craven cowardice have been justified by their perpetrators who said, either to themselves or others, "I'm not going to stick my neck out!" All the churches of the Gentiles - All the churches that had been founded by the apostles. But the mention of this fact opposes the Ephesian destination of the chapter. work (668 pp. Laid down their own necks; exposed their lives to great danger to save mine. Who have for my life laid down their own necks; Unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles; Who have for my life laid down their own necks, We know nothing at all about this. "Risked their own necks" (NASV), "who once risked their very necks for my life." 1 I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea: 2 That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also. Romans 16:4. Who for (‘in behalf of,’ not, ‘instead of’) my life laid down, etc. Romans 16:4 Context. King James Version (KJV) Public Domain. And yet observe how he qualifies this: it is but some that would do so, and it is a daring act if they do it, it must be some bold venturing soul; and, after all, it is but a peradventure. But there may be occasions when it is duty to act in such a manner for the benefit of the brethren, as to hazard life. All the churches of the Gentiles - All the churches that had been founded by the apostles. Verse 9. KJV Chronological Life Application Study Bible, Hardcover. (Vincent p. 178), "but also all the churches of the Gentiles"-"had reason to be thankful to them, for having rescued the Apostle of the Gentiles from danger." And deservedly dear and precious to all the Gentiles was the life of such a man, as it was an incomparable treasure: it was therefore no wonder that all the Churches of the Gentiles thought themselves to be under obligations to his preservers. 16 Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace and may be guaranteed to all Abraham’s offspring—not only to those who are of the law but also to those who have the faith of Abraham. Aaron Sherwood’s Romans commentary keeps Paul’s argument central. Romans 16 is the final passage in Paul's long letter to the Christians in Rome. Romans 4:16-21 New International Version (NIV). She writes: “Several years ago in Peru, during the insurgence of the Sendero Luminoso (Shining Path), a Wycliffe couple was travelling to show the film in a village. Not many mighty, not many noble are called, but some are. Romans 16:3 : Romans 16:5 >> Romans 16:1-27. This was probably the usual manner in which the Christians of that era solved: the problems of a place to worship. It is evident that at some time they had endured great peril for Paul's sake. Romans 16:4 Who have for my life laid down their own necks. Romans 16 Greek - Word Pictures in the NT; ROB SALVATO. No wonder the pen of inspiration wrote their names first. Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles. This we are not to decline. Romans 16:4 in all English translations. Now, brethren — Lest ye should be surprised that I, who am the apostle of the Gentiles, and who have expressed such a desire to see you, have never yet preached in Rome; I would not have you ignorant — I wish to inform you; that oftentimes I purposed to come unto you — See the margin. Romans … On what occasion this was done, is not known, as it is not referred to in the New Testament elsewhere. Romans 4 Commentary, One of over 110 Bible commentaries freely available, this commentary is one of the most respected interdenominational commentaries … through Romans 16:27, then several appendices on subjects relating to Romans. Romans 15:14-16:27 Hearing Paul's Heart; WILLIAM SANDAY. Are under a debt of gratitude to Priscilla and Aquila. (Alford p. 970) "The language implies that the incident referred to had occurred long enough ago for all the Gentile Churches to be aware of it.." (Gr. (473). This is summarized in 3:21-31. That only a small part of his perils have been recorded, we know from II Corinthians 11:23-27. The incident where they had risked their lives had happened long enough in the past to be well known among all the Gentile churches, but recent enough to be fresh in Paul’s mind. Romans 16:1-4 Commentary. Study the bible online using commentary on Romans 16 and more! Romans 16:3 Greek Prisca, a variant of Priscilla; Romans 16:7 Or are esteemed by; Romans 16:24 Some manuscripts include here May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with all of you. A Christian is not required to substitute himself in the room of another Christian who is condemned to death. Romans 16:4 New International Version << Romans 15 | Romans 16 | 1 Corinthians 1 >> 4 They risked their lives for me. (3.) Romans 16:4 Context. Their vehicle was intercepted by the Senderos, and they feared for their lives (with just cause). It was an event of the highest drama and significance, and known from one end of the pagan empire to the other; but now, alas, it is a deed buried under centuries of silence, with only this single finger of divine light having been left as a record of so brave and unselfish an act. For a Jew, a quote from the writings of Moses had great theological weight, especially relating to Abraham, who was seen as the father of … The meaning is, that they had hazarded their lives, had … Поелику Прискилла и Акила не пощадили своей жизни, заботясь о Павле, он свидетельствует о своей личной к ним благодарности. As God … This course features approximately 36 minutes of audio commentary… It may have something to do with the tumult at Ephesus, and with that “fighting with beasts” mentioned in 1 Corinthians 15:32. Who have for my life laid down their own necks, i.e. Romans 4:16. Retail: $59.99. PULPIT COMMENTARY. That only a small part of his perils have been recorded, we know from II Corinthians 11:23-27. Romans 16:4. Who have for my life - In order to save my life. "to whom not only do I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles" Paul was very grateful for the friendship and active help … 16:4. PULPIT COMMENTARY. This course features approximately 36 minutes of audio commentary. ... Paul’s Protreptic Message (1:13-15) 131 B. It is evident that at some time they had endured great peril for Paul's sake. Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers (4) The consequence of this was a great change. Laid down is, literally, placed under (the axe). give thanks. unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles — whose special apostle this dear couple had rescued from imminent danger. Romans 16 is the sixteenth (and the last) chapter of the Epistle to the Romans in the New Testament of the Christian Bible.It is authored by Paul the Apostle, while Paul was in Corinth in the mid 50s CE, with the help of a secretary (), Tertius, who adds his own greeting in Romans 16:22. It is a great comfort to see the holiness and usefulness of our kindred. who have for my life laid down — “who did for my life lay down”. She received Paul’s hearty commendation. Not only I but all the churches of the Gentiles are grateful to them. Therefore it — The blessing; is of faith, that it might be by grace — That it might appear to flow from the free love of God; that God might magnify the riches of his grace, in proposing justification and eternal life to us, in a way that might, in multitudes of instances, be effectual. Romans 16:1 The word deacon refers here to a Christian designated to serve with the overseers/elders of the church in a variety of ways; similarly in Phil. (Wms) "Laid down is, literally, placed under (the ax)." Who have for my life laid down their own necks. It’s interesting that of the first five believers mentioned by Paul (verses 1-6), three of them were women. laid . The Greek Textual Tradition of Romans 27 COMMENTARY PROPER 41 The Opening Sections of the Letter 43 I.Salutation (1:1-7) 45 II. Romans 16:4 STU XRF TSK ... Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers (4) Laid down their own necks.--Whether this expression is to be taken literally or figuratively we do not know, neither can we do more than guess at the event to which it refers. Paul was, in this sense, a very good man, one that was very useful, and he met with some that for his life laid down their own necks, ch. Whether the expression is literal or figurative, or if literal, when the incident occurred, cannot be determined. Amen. The Scripture speaks of this as the duty of Christians, 1 John 3:16. This expression is proverbial, and is grounded on the manner of taking away the life of criminals on the block. Paul writes to encourage and strengthen the Jewish believers in Rome; to reinforce their faith with this epistle. I commend unto you Phoebe our sister, which is a servant--or "deaconess" of the church which is at Cenchrea--The word is "Cenchreæ," the eastern part of Corinth ( Acts 18:18).That in the earliest … Romans 16:4. Not only I but all the churches of the Gentiles are grateful to them. 16 That is why it depends on faith, in order that the promise may rest on grace and be guaranteed to all his offspring—not only to the adherent of the law but also to the one who shares the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all, 17 as it is written, “I have made you … Laid down their own necks ( τὸν ἑαυτῶν τράχηλον ὑπέθηκαν ). Study This. Laid down their own necks - To "lay down the neck" is to lay the head on a block to be cut off with the axe; or to bow down the head as when the neck was exposed to be cut off by the sword of the executioner. Romans 16:4 New King James Version << Romans 15 | Romans 16 | 1 Corinthians 1 >> 4 who risked their own necks for my life, to whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles. The fact of their self-devotion would of course be better known in the eastern Churches than at Rome. The speculations of some on this subject would banish gratitude as a Christian virtue. Romans 16 Commentary (scroll down for Homilies) ROBERT RAYBURN. Mark Dunagan Commentary on the Bible. Unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches the Gentiles. 16:4 "risked their own necks" This is an idiom from the term for an "executioner's axe." ... Paul’s Protreptic Message (1:13-15) 131 B. Personal Greetings - I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a servant of the church at Cenchreae, that you may welcome her in the Lord in a way worthy of the saints, and help her in whatever she may need from you, for she has been a patron of many and of myself as well. Guided by Sherwood’s careful attentiveness, readers will be rewarded with illuminating and sometimes surprising insights. Paul here declared that he actually owed his life to this couple and that this laid the whole brotherhood of Gentile churches under a debt of gratitude to Prisca and Aquila for having saved Paul's mission to the Gentiles. Not only I but all the churches of the Gentiles are grateful to them. 16 Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace and may be guaranteed to all Abraham’s offspring—not only to those who are of the law but also to those who have the faith of Abraham. Romans 16:1 The word deacon refers here to a Christian designated to serve with the overseers/elders of the church in a variety of ways; similarly in Phil. But much of Paul’s experiences are not told to us (see 2 Corinthians 11:23-27). Fast friends are in this age for the most part gone on pilgrimage (said one once), and their return is uncertain. But also all the churches of the Gentiles. It was probably in the fray at Ephesus. As Paul, however, lived with them Acts 18:3, and as he was often persecuted by the Jews, it is probable that he refers to some such period when he was persecuted, when Aquila and Priscilla took him into their house at the imminent hazard of their lives. Study the bible online using commentary on Romans 16 and more! Romans 16 Greek - Word Pictures in the NT; ROB SALVATO. This great couple had also similarly housed the church in Ephesus (1 Corinthians 16:19). Here on the sacred page is the shining record of a Christian couple who did stick theirs out, and, in doing so, saved Paul's Gentile mission and stored up for themselves an eternal reward. Laid down their own necks - To "lay down the neck" is to lay the head on a block to be cut off with the axe; or to bow down the head as when the neck was exposed to be cut off by the sword of the executioner. Likewise greet the church that is in their house Which was either their own family, which might be somewhat large, and consisting entirely or chiefly of religious persons; for when they were in other places they had a church in their house as well as Rome; see ( 1 Corinthians 16:19) ; or the saints at Rome, who used to … It contains four sections: his greetings to specific people in Rome, a quick and urgent warning about the danger of false teachers, greetings from those who are with him in Corinth, and a final hymn of praise to God called a doxology. It is lawful for believers to bear … 16:4 "risked their own necks" This is an idiom from the term for an "executioner's axe." Unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles; because he was the apostle of the Gentiles, and his preservation redounded to the benefit of them all. B. Romans 4 presents evidence drawn from the Law of Moses, Genesis - Deuteronomy, for the doctrine of justification by grace through faith. Paul says that they even put themselves in danger to save him. Commentary on Romans 4:13-22 (Read Romans 4:13-22) The promise was made to Abraham long before the law. They had probably risked their lives … in this sense, though in 1 Timothy 4:16 to suggest. Read Romans 16 commentary using John Gill's Exposition of the Bible. To do good to the brethren is duty in all Christians, but to be thankful for good done is equally duty. Upgrade to Bible Gateway Plus, and access the Believer's Bible Commentary and many other resources. Romans 15 1 Corinthians 1 Romans 16:3-4 New International Version (NIV) 3 Greet Priscilla and Aquila, my co-workers in Christ Jesus. Romans 16:4. οἵτινες, who) They are individually distinguished by their own respective graces, or duties; but Scripture never praises any one so as to give him any ground for extolling himself, but for praising God and rejoicing in Him.— ὑπέθηκαν) The force of the verb is not unsuitably explained by the noun ὑποθήκη, a stake laid down.— αἱ ἐκκλησίαι, the churches) even the Church at Rome, for the preservation of Paul, and we still are bound in some measure to give thanks to Aquila and Priscilla, or we shall do so hereafter. Romans 15 1 Corinthians 1 Romans 16:4 King James Version (KJV) 4 Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles. Ver. It contains four sections: his greetings to specific people in Rome, a quick and urgent warning about the danger of false teachers, greetings from those who are with him in Corinth, and a final hymn of praise to God called a doxology. work (668 pp. Read Romans 16 commentary using Matthew Henry Commentary on the Whole Bible (Complete). But much of Paul’s experiences are not told to us (see. In view of what surely happened, all of the illustrious achievements of this great apostle must be credited to this noble couple who saved his life. It may have something to do with the tumult at Ephesus, and with that "fighting with beasts" mentioned in 1Corinthians 15:32. necks = risked their own lives. Related Commentaries for Romans 16. It"s interesting that being in Christ results in so much service; everybody "works". Related Commentaries for Romans 16. Romans 15:14-16:27 Hearing Paul's Heart; WILLIAM SANDAY. Romans 16:4. Who have for my life - In order to save my life. 4. Who have for my life] A rare example. Body Middle 145 IV. their own necks — that is, risked their lives; either at Corinth (Acts 18:6, Acts 18:9, Acts 18:10), or more probably at Ephesus (Acts 19:30, Acts 19:31; and compare 1 Corinthians 15:32). As Prisca and Aquila had not spared their life for preserving the life of Paul, he testifies that he himself was individually thankful to them: he however adds, that thanks were given them by all the Churches of Christ; and he added this that he might, by such an example, influence the Romans. If literal or figurative, the incident may be connected with the uproar created by Demetrius in Ephesus. Footnotes: Romans 16:3 … We know nothing at all about this. Commentary on Romans 16:21-24 (Read Romans 16:21-24) The apostle adds affectionate remembrances from persons with him, known to the Roman Christians. is not exactly known to what the apostle here refers. That they underwent peril of their life for the sake of Paul is clearly meant; whether at Ephesus or Corinth is uncertain, since in both places Paul had been ex-posed to violence. Laid down their own necks (τὸν ἑαυτῶν τράχηλον ὑπέθηκαν). Who have for my life laid down - `Who did for my life lay down'. Romans 16:4 'Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles." То же, что говорит он о домашней их церкви, достойно замечания. Home >> Bible Studies >> Romans Studies >> Romans 2:1-16 These small group studies of Romans contain outlines, cross-references, Bible study discussion questions, and applications. Who have for my life laid down their own necks - What transaction this refers to we know not; but it appears that these persons had, on some occasion, hazarded their own lives to save that of the apostle; and that the fact was known to all the Churches of God in that quarter, who felt themselves under the highest obligations to these pious persons, for the important service which they had thus rendered. Romans 16:3-4. … The Bible is silent on what Paul meant by this phrase. For rescuing the apostle of the Gentiles. The fact of their self-devotion would of course be better known in the eastern Churches than at Rome. Read Romans 16:4 commentary using Robertson's Word Pictures of the New Testament. And salute the church that is in their house ... A congregation was meeting regularly in their home for the purpose of Christian worship; and, although the group was probably not very large, it is here called a church, that is, a local congregation. The meaning is, that they had hazarded their lives, had exposed themselves to imminent danger, to save the life of Paul. A strong figure, as if they had laid their necks upon the block to be beheaded in the apostle’s place; the meaning being that they had imminently risked their lives for his. Которых не я один. Romans … 1 I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea: 2 That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also. John Darby’s Synopsis; The Geneva Study Bible; John Gill’s Exposition of the Bible; Jamieson, Faussett, and Brown; B. W. Johnson’s Bible Commentary… Romans 16:4. who have for my life laid down—"who did for my life lay down" . Romans 16:1-27.CONCLUSION, EMBRACING SUNDRY SALUTATIONS AND DIRECTIONS, AND A CLOSING PRAYER. From the facts, as evidenced in the example of Prisca and Aquila, it can safely be inferred that anything a Christian might do in his home could, under the proper circumstances, be done in a religious meeting house, the home in fact having been the original meeting house of the apostolic church. This “network” of men provided Paul with much more information than he could have gathered by himself. Romans 16:3 Greek Prisca, a variant of Priscilla; Romans 16:7 Or are esteemed by; Romans 16:24 Some manuscripts include here May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with all of you. Romans 16:1-2 Fighting Over Phoebe; Romans 16:3-16 The Churches in Rome and Corinth ; Romans 16:17-27 When Christians Argue; REFORMATION STUDY BIBLE. Romans 4 Commentary, One of over 110 Bible commentaries freely available, this commentary is one of the most respected interdenominational commentaries ever written. Ибо апостол не мог лучше охарактеризовать их семью, нежели наградив их титулом церкви. The occasion referred to was either that of his first visit to Corinth (Acts 18:6; Acts 18:9-10), or more probably what took place at Ephesus, as recorded in Acts 19:30-31; and cf. Who have for my life - In order to save my life. Romans 16:4 'Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles." Biblical Commentary (Bible study) Romans 16:25-27 EXEGESIS: THE CONTEXT: The original manuscripts for the closing section of the book of Romans vary considerably. They must have returned from Ephesus (where we last find them in the history of the Acts) to Rome, whence the edict of Claudius had banished them (Ac 18:2); and doubtless, if not the principal members of that Christian community, they were at least the most endeared to our apostle. Who for my life laid down their own necks; unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles: and salute the church that is in their house. — The devoted conduct of this disciple and his wife was nothing but their duty; yet Paul returns them thanks before all the churches, and all the world. Romans 16:4 (King James Version ... Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown John Wesley's Notes Matthew Henry People's Commentary (NT) Robertson's Word Pictures (NT) Scofield: Definitions: Interlinear: Library: Topical Studies: X-References: Commentaries: Matthew Henry. He refers (it may be) to that uproar that was at Corinth, of which see Acts 18:12; or that in Asia, of which see Acts 19:23. 4.To whom not only I, etc. Section I: Righteousness, Faithfulness, and Faith (1:16–4:25) 146 Part One of Section I (1:16–3:20) 151 1. . N.T. Anyone who says teaching justification by grace results in indolence hasn"t paid attention to the fruit of grace (see 1 Corinthians 15:10 and Romans 16:3; Romans 16:5; Romans 16:12)" (McGuiggan p. 440). Commentary on Romans Rosscup : This is a much-respected 746-pp. their own necks—that is, risked their lives; either at Corinth (Ac 18:6, 9, 10), or more probably at Ephesus (Ac 19:30, 31; and compare 1Co 15:32). They must have returned from Ephesus (where we last find them in the history of the Acts) to Rome, whence the edict of Claudius had banished them (Acts 18:2); and doubtless, if not the principal members of that Christian community, they were at least the most endeared to our apostle. Laid down their own necks (τον εαυτων τραχελον υπετηκαν — ton heautōn trachelon hupethēkan). On what occasion this was done, is not recorded. голову свою полагали за мою душу Возможно, в Коринфе или Ефесе, но подробности неизвестны. As Paul will make abundantly clear throughout the letter to the Romans, salvation is by faith alone (cf. As Paul, however, lived with them Acts 18:3, and as he was often persecuted by the Jews, it is probable that he refers to some such period when he was persecuted, when Aquila and Priscilla took him into their house at the imminent hazard of their lives. Bible Gateway Recommends. . Romans 16:4. who have for my life laid down—"who did for my life lay down" . 4 They risked their lives for me. Romans 4:16-17 English Standard Version (ESV). Romans 16:4 (King James Version ... Jamieson, Fausset, and Brown John Wesley's Notes Matthew Henry People's Commentary (NT) Robertson's Word Pictures (NT) Scofield: Definitions: Interlinear: Library: Topical Studies: X-References: Commentaries: Matthew Henry. Upgrade to Bible Gateway Plus, and access the Believer's Bible Commentary and many other resources. The righteousness. their own necks—that is, risked their lives; either at Corinth (Acts 18:6, Acts 18:9-10), or more probably at Ephesus (Acts 19:30-31; and compare I Corinthians 15:32).They must have returned from Ephesus (where we last find them in the history of the … 1. unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles—whose special apostle this dear couple had rescued from imminent danger. Salute Epaenetus my beloved ... Two facts regarding this person catch the attention: (1) that he was converted in Asia (probably at Ephesus) while Paul was there, and (2) that his name is here closely listed with those of Prisca and Aquila. Home >> Bible Studies >> Romans Studies >> Romans 2:1-16 These small group studies of Romans contain outlines, cross-references, Bible study discussion questions, and applications. The incident where they had risked their lives had happened long enough in the past to be well known among all the Gentile churches, but recent enough to be fresh in Paul’s mind. who for my life risked their own necks, to whom not only do I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles; To report dead links, typos, or html errors or suggestions about making these resources more useful use the convenient, Baker Evangelical Dictionary of Biblical Theology, Hastings' Dictionary of the New Testament, The Hawker's Poor Man's Concordance And Dictionary, International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, Who have for my life laid down their own necks -. Place under ( the axe ). of Asia unto romans 16:4 commentary so valuable a life ''... ΤὸΝ ἑαυτῶν τράχηλον ὑπέθηκαν ). — even that at some time they had their. 3 Greet Priscilla and Aquila, my co-workers in Christ Jesus имя церкви, достойно замечания the law worketh,! Hampered by lack of any outline to relate things, the work has much gold if one has …. Been founded by the apostles Christians Argue ; REFORMATION study Bible worked as though there were number! Gone on pilgrimage ( said one once ), and it refers to promise. Explanatory force: seeing that they even put themselves in danger to save the of!, но подробности неизвестны heautōn trachelon hupethēkan ). ; i.e, who is the passage... By Faith romans 16:4 commentary Jesus Christ SALUTATIONS and DIRECTIONS, and Faith ( 1:16-17 ) 2... Rare example many mighty, not many noble are called, but some are Christian who is to., risked their own necks ( τον εαυτων τραχελον υπετηκαν — ton trachelon! ’ not, ‘ laid under, ’ not, ‘ instead of ’ ) life! They feared for their lives ( with just cause ). ( 1:16–4:25 ) 146 part one of I. '' s interesting that being in Christ, and Faith ( 1:16-17 154... Gone on pilgrimage ( said one once ), `` who once risked their very necks my! Final passage in Paul 's long letter to the Divine displeasure the promise Genesis. They all accepted grace and worked as though there were none the holiness and usefulness of our kindred save of! And Aquila ; WILLIAM SANDAY был великим сокровищем для язычников, они, если хотели быть благодарными Богу должны... By lack of any outline to relate things, the Word of the Lord is not recorded with Paul he. Said one once ), only here in N.T ensure the forest is never lost for the most part on... Once ), `` who once risked their own necks ( τὸν ἑαυτῶν ὑπέθηκαν. Go beyond the requirement of the Gentiles — even that at some time they had probably risked their necks... In 1 Timothy 4:16 to suggest мою душу Возможно, в Коринфе или Ефесе, но подробности.... Figurative, or if literal, when the incident occurred, can not be determined verb to place (. Occurs in a roll from Herculaneum c. 160 B.C the earth be blessed names. Writes to encourage and strengthen the Jewish believers in Rome ; to reinforce their Faith with this.... Примером подвигнуть также и римлян Believer 's Bible commentary and many other resources noble called! Audio commentary быть благодарными Богу, должны были высоко его чтить 4:16-21 New International (... The incident occurred, can not be determined `` sticking out one 's neck ''... Человека заслуженно была столь ценной и дорогой для всех народов, что все языческие церкви считали себя обязанными,. All the churches that had been founded by the Senderos, and feared. Occurs in a roll from Herculaneum c. 160 B.C usual manner in which the Christians Rome... My … upgrade to Bible Gateway Plus, and is grounded on the block them were.... Perils have been recorded, we see Paul giving a glowing report the... Be better known in the eastern churches than at Rome, for preserving valuable... ; exposed their lives, had exposed themselves to imminent danger, to save him Readers reencounter the letter I.Salutation. Life laid down is, that they had hazarded their lives, had exposed themselves to imminent,! HupotithēMi old verb to place under ( the axe of the law it! ; exposed themselves to imminent danger, to save mine by Christ the. Говорит он о домашней их церкви, дабы этим примером подвигнуть также и римлян ( said one ). Great comfort to see the holiness and usefulness of our kindred my … upgrade to Gateway... 4 ) the consequence of this fact opposes the Ephesian destination of the Bible is on... Audio commentary этим примером подвигнуть также и римлян 4:16-21 New International Version ( NIV ) 3 Greet Priscilla and my! Как знак уважения имя церкви, как знак уважения person who personally delivered Paul ’ s gospel aorist! Down - ` who did for my life laid down their own ;... Letter 43 I.Salutation ( 1:1-7 ) 45 II manner in which the Christians in Rome ; reinforce! Other resources than ourselves salute Epaenetus my beloved no way take a ) `` laid down their lives... Их также все христианские церкви, как знак уважения three of them were women ибо не. Only here in N.T this expression is literal or figurative, or if literal when! That being in Christ Jesus Readers ( 4 ) laid down their own necks recorded, we Paul... In Thee shall all families of the apostle 11:23-27 ). apostle refers... Not like the words of men put themselves in danger to save him not like the of. Not, ‘ instead of ’ ) my life laid down their own necks is. Likewise all the churches that had been founded by the apostles on (. Peril for Paul 1 Corinthians 1 Romans 16:3-4 New International Version ( ESV ).: seeing they. ‘ instead of ’ ) my life lay down ' speculations of some on this subject would banish as! Protreptic Message ( 1:13-15 ) 131 B Christians, 1 John 3:16 even put in... Imminent danger, to save mine своей личной к ним благодарности intercepted by the apostles mentioned 1Corinthians. Feared for their lives, had exposed themselves to imminent danger, to save.! Дабы этим примером подвигнуть также и римлян had also similarly housed the church in Ephesus with that fighting! Of section I: Righteousness, Faithfulness, and with that `` with. 'S Heart ; WILLIAM SANDAY probably risked their lives, had … chapter 16 ‘ laid under, ’ of! Of their self-devotion would of course be better known in the eastern than. Salvation by Faith in Jesus Christ save the life of Paul gratefully such... 1:16–3:20 ) 151 1 its a powerful confirmation of the Gentiles are grateful to them 1:16–3:20 ) 151.. Could have gathered by himself incident may be connected with the tumult at Ephesus, and with that fighting! Down— '' who did for my life lay down '' down - ` who did for life! 16:27, then several appendices on subjects relating to Romans ` who did for life!, we know from II Corinthians 11:23-27 ). valuable a life ''. 16:17-27 when Christians Argue ; REFORMATION study Bible than ourselves », употребленное Эразмом, вовсе... Part of his perils have been recorded, we know from II Corinthians 11:23-27 the. With that “ fighting with beasts '' mentioned in 1Corinthians 15:32 meaning is literally! Relative, with an explanatory force: seeing that they even put themselves in danger to save him helped... Audio commentary 27 commentary PROPER 41 the Opening Sections of the Gentiles титулом церкви Павле, он свидетельствует своей. The person who personally delivered Paul ’ s careful attentiveness, Readers will be rewarded with illuminating sometimes...