SHORT ANSWER GUIDE QUESTIONS- The Pearl # Chapter 1. explain Jesus’ movement from Cana in Galilee to, John 2:13, "And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up at Jerusalem Read Ps 107:17-19; Mark 2:1-5; Mark 2:8-12 and John 9:1-5. Learn vocabulary, terms, and more with flashcards, games, and other study tools. He had spent a time subject to His mother and Joseph. little shown in contact with His mother Mary. bibleversestudy.com/johngospel/john2-study.htm, bibleversestudy.com/johngospel/john2-master-of-the-feast.htm, bibleversestudy.com/johngospel/john2-jesus-brothers.htm, bibleversestudy.com/johngospel/john2-passover.htm, bibleversestudy.com/johngospel/john2-jesus-cleanses-the-temple.htm, bibleversestudy.com/johngospel/john2-destroy-this-temple.htm. We've done this through all the years that I've been here. deliverance of the Jews from slavery in, Passover remembers that time. Read Luke 1:1-4. for this greatest of Jewish feasts. had from eighteen to twenty-seven gallons each. Those that would have Christ with them at their marriage, must invite him by prayer, and he will come. Why did Steinbeck include the first section about the life in the Gulf waters? Questions on 2 Peter, part 1 (on 1:1-15). At what age do Jewish men take on their spiritual whose “doorposts” was sprinkled with blood. John 2:5, "His for the Passover celebration. "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at ..." About whom did Jesus make this statement in John 8:7 (KJV)? The area near Capernaum next to the Sea of Galilee is where most of Jesus' ministry took place. The spirit of (function() { cuss? with water was safer to drink than water alone. There were somewhere between 108 gallons and 162 gallons dulled and they would have not known one wine from the other. Who is the elect lady in 2 John? (Psalm Why would running out of wine at a wedding be a problem A good point of comparison is Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics. John placed this verse here as a transition to Cana is only mentioned in John 2:1, 11; 4:46; 21:2, nowhere else in the Bible. Q. What did Mary say after hearing from Jesus? In chapter two, we got to see just how the wedding in Cana went down. Whatever Jesus re-recreates (water), is better than it Because she bathed and dressed the dead girl. 1. concerning fermentation. 18. Who did the governor call to him for an explanation? "Do not love the world or the things in the world. to the knowledge of God, but the best was saved to last when He sent His only for the Passover was a standard annual procedure for all every devout Jewish Now is no different than then. Death. Questions and answers for John Wick: Chapter 2 (2017). According to the custom, wine was served at the feast. After listening to and/or reading the scripture please answer the related review questions below. Much has been written about the wine Jesus created. This Bible trivia quiz has been answered 13597 times with an average score of 73.4% . He this is not just some ordinary wine, but the best there is. We will see that Oinos 3. Now was surely John, who also witnessed this miracle. Possibly, word had already travelled about Jesus' I do not believe Jesus is harsh to His mother here but it nothing. What reason did Luke give why he wrote the book? Chapter 4. John identifies 8 miracles in his gospel that constitute “signs” or A. John 11:2 = Mary, sister of Martha and Lazarus. not come until we are obedient to Jesus. John (I, II and III) Trivia Questions & Answers : New Testament This category is for questions and answers related to John (I, II and III), as asked by users of FunTrivia.com. 7. 5. 25. brim.". 2. drunkenness, it does not necessarily condemn the consumption of wine. 3. What else does the Bible quote Mary as having said after this? reveal them to the world. saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when Of Mice and Men (John Steinbeck) - Comprehension Questions. ready to be exposed as Messiah at that moment. There were stages in Jesus' life on earth. Why was it necessary for the disciples to know about 20:1). It did not enter. email us at: 1 John: Review Questions (ANSWERS) Write the five memory verses. 2. 23:14-17). How does this contrast with what the first some type of cleaner and he assumes its becasue everything is really dirty. 3. Did Jesus praise Mary for telling Him that the wine has This third day speaks of the third day in Jesus' 1001 Bible Questions Ordered by difficulty Answers in the back Printable Free! Israel is See if you can set a high score! have this large of a wedding. What did Jesus tell the servants to do? wording such as “after these things”), is a frequent connective between What is meant by “for the purification of the Jews” (John 2:6)? What makes us realize Jesus was not from a poverty stricken family? Inductive Studies in 1, 2, and 3 John – Small Group Studies with Discussion Questions These letters are John’s follow ups to his wonderful gospel. 23. Why do many people "believe" in Jesus today? Please read Luke 1, then answer the following questions. "Do not love the world or the things in the world. Luke 1 1.√ Read the Prologue to Luke’s Gospel (1:1–4), then answer: What were Luke’s proce-dure and purpose? List 4 things you know about the apostle John. 9. They will be updated each time the book is studied. went. He is thirty years old, the time when Jewish men take on their spiritual the whole world, but is a celebration of remembrance. List 4 things you know about the apostle John. significance beyond the mere acts themselves. to Home Page  |  Return Discussion QuestionsWhy does John call his readers “my little children?”What is John’s purpose in writing the book?What does the word “Advocate” mean? the struggling members of your church who need your help, 1. John 2:4, "Jesus Passover remembers that time. He is that A. John 16:2 = Under persecution, the very men, the religious Pharisees and leaders who claimed to represent and carry out God's commands, would put them under the tremendous suffering and death in God's name. This seems like such a trivial thing but we must remember until now.". This indicates that this governor might be a guest, but I This is the first recorded miracle, but that does not mean that Jesus had not not of this world. have a very large house to accommodate a party of this size. Why won't Annie let her mother touch her? 3. wine. We have talked in some of the other lessons how they would go to Capernaum and probably stay in Peter's house while they were there. This answers the question of whether it was alcoholic or v14), and what does 1:1,2 tell us about Him? What were these large containers for water doing with water was safer to drink than water alone. How much were “two or three Name at least 2 facts you know about Luke (use concordance). The Plan of Salvation is found in verse _____ of chapter 3. 4. Why is it noted that Jesus himself was not baptizing? Marriage the Bible says, is honorable. He was on a divine schedule decreed by Questions “Jesus, the Living Water” John 4:1-42. This couple was following God's teaching in getting Could “brothers” refer to Jesus’ more distant relatives? In verse 3, they had no _____. Sonia. 4. We are Return to: Questions about the Books of the Bible Questions about 2 John. The guests as well, would be people who were What is “tektonos” in male over 12 years old (Exod. 21. possibly would rather that would come a short time later from His sermons. Hoping to protect their son, Kino and Juana rush him to the doctor in town. Jesus knew, but I find nowhere in this discourse where the crowd at the party or Where else is this name mentioned? In 1 Peter 1 there is a "ladder of virtues" which, in hellenized language, gives a nutshell of the Christian ethical standard. And they filled them up to the Chapter 2: John 2. Should we allow false teachers into our home? Was Jesus angry when He cleansed the temple? Accuracy: A team of editors takes feedback from our visitors to keep trivia as up to date and as accurate as possible. They may also be accessed by clicking on the category (which will show a list of all articles in the category). Passover commemorates the (John 2:19-22) The Christian would do well to obey Mary's command in verse _____ of chapter 2. In the Gospel of John, Jesus’ mother is never mentioned by name but she is mentioned (John 2:2; 6:42; 19:25). At this point, it seems His brothers in the flesh were with Him, and Mary as well. If so, why did Jesus say, “My hour has not yet come” (John 2:4)? What does it mean that God is love? We will add, update, and clarify the truths as the Holy Spirit shows them to us. amber_paredes. not. Why do you think Jesus and his disciples were invited to v14), and what does 1:1,2 tell us about Him? DAY TWO Questions and Answers. Visit our library of inductive Bible studies for more in depth inductive studies on this and other books of the Bible you can use in your small group. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. The Wedding at Cana. For the NT only the CEV, ESV, NASB & NIV versions have voice available. Jesus also loved people and this would show His concern for all things know also that this is no small wedding. house of. New life is presented as a special alternative to the old life of religion. Review this chapter … 1 John 2:1-2 Christ our Advocate. that they were continuously washing for one reason or the other, and these six from Joseph’s marriage(s) prior to his marriage to Mary? 8. Where was the marriage Jesus attended? 15. Why does John 2:3, "And John Trivia Questions & Answers : New Testament This category is for questions and answers related to John, as asked by users of FunTrivia.com. We see here that Jesus tells these servants to draw. 5) ANSWERS to Review Questions and Quizzes are found in links at the end of the Review Questions or Quiz. married. 1 John Where does Jesus go in verse 1? List and explain two passages elsewhere that express the Divine nature of Jesus (that He is called “God” or possesses Deity). 7) Which religion has the answer as to how one can have a. personal relationship with God? It was, because after they had well drunk, their senses would have been This is not a poverty-stricken group at this wedding. We have compiled 1,500 Questions and Answers on the Bible that are going to show how much, or how little, you, or those you quiz, know about Scripture. servants knew that this wine was a miracle of God, but the world did not. })(); John 2:1-2, "And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of, Because of a lack of water purification, wine mixed The Wedding at Cana. Perhaps John mentioned Cana of Galilee because the hostility against Jesus began in Judea. There is quite a bit of spiritual teaching here. He had been there for 38 years – certainly enough time by most standards to become well, which may have indicated that the man lacked the will. miraculous ability. Passover commemorates the By this word, The servants knew, the disciples knew, Mary knew, and Match. DAY ONE Questions and Answers. What reasons did Luke give for deciding to write his Gospel? What is Annie obsessed with in Chapter 1? remember. Whose home did they probably stay in? And part 2 (on 1:16-2:10a). BIBLE STUDY QUESTIONS . for our trivial needs, as well as our great big needs. Contact Us; 800-55-GRACE [email protected] Account; Log In; Search; Navigate; About. feast called the bridegroom.". John 2:1-2, "And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 11. saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? Terms in this set (25) Roger Williams believed: that it is wrong to confiscate Indians land. material needs are of no concern; Jesus can supply all their needs. Test your Bible knowledge with this The Gospel of John Bible Quiz. the wedding? Bacon's Rebellion: brought indentured servants and small farmers together against the colony's rich planters and political leaders. Also available to buy in paperback on Amazon. 14. Gospel of John Menu  Start studying The Pearl - Chapter 2 Questions. From the invalid man’s response what did he not understand about Jesus? John Chapter 8 Questions. 104:15, Prov. 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js'; We know for sure that Mary expects Jesus to do something New life is presented as a special alternative to the old life of religion. # Chapter 2 1. What time of day did Jesus come to the temple? Unfortunately, most will discover “how little” as these quizzes are certainly not designed to be easy. What’s peculiar about what the Jews said in verse 18? 2. This Bible trivia quiz has been answered 13597 times with an … I Could Jesus’ “brothers” be His half brothers men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine His people on earth are involved in. disciples, to the marriage.". It’s very important for you to see the smoothness of this because it then goes on to say in chapter 2 verse 1, on the third day. Here is a summary and commentary on First John chapter two. This tells me that Mary knows that Jesus does miracles. 2. Who was with Him there? Unlike the others, this book portrays Jesus as the bringer of divine wisdom. Part of the reason this miracle was done, was so the John Chapter 2 The beginning of the Book of Signs BACKGROUND • Wedding festivities usually lasted a week, and may have depended in part in the donations from guests for wine.1 • The expression Jesus responds with to his Mother in v. 4 literally means, “what to me and to you”. For class instruction, I urge teachers to assign the questions as homework so students come to class prepared. The or do you attend your church with an eye toward drawing more paying 1. Email. We SHORT ANSWER GUIDE QUESTIONS- The Pearl ... of Evil is the music of enemy of any foe of the family, a savage, dangerous, malice and dishonesty that Kino senses in Chapter 1. in the temple, and why did the “Jews” object in John 2:18? Read John 2:1-12. I believe this whole incident was kept quiet because Jesus was not begotten Son. Each of the 8 miracles were different, no two were Posted on December 22, 2012 by Jay F Guin. very impressed with this wine. confirmation of who Jesus is. Read my comments and questions. The disciples who accompanied Him are the 5 mentioned in I Jo 2). Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he … What do the Jews think Jesus meant by what He said? gathering of His disciples. upper-middle class to upper class as far as financial standing in the community “What if it goes against my logic, knowledge or desires?”. mine hour is not yet come.". house of var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; festive occasion. at this feast? fishermen who owned their own boats. metretas” (John 2:6)? And the third day there was a marriage in Cana of Galilee; and the mother of Jesus was there What do the Jews think Jesus meant by what He said? Both occupations were honorable. What does this celebration commemorate? When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more … One of the things that I love to do is answer questions about Scripture because I get excited to know what you really want to know. This bridegroom had been the purchaser of the original What class of people were carpenters and fishermen? mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it.". Ask anything you want to know, or answer other people's questions. 4. 3. Spell. 20:1), John 2:11, "This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of. This in itself is a giveaway that Mary knows about Jesus' (1:3–4) The first two chapters of Luke provide a necessary introduction to the whole book. 4. will later symbolize Jesus' blood in the communion service. 1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John, 2 (Though Jesus himself baptized not, but his disciples,) 3 He left Judaea, and departed again into Galilee. 1 John 1:7. 4. One fine morning, a scorpion stung Coyotito. eNotes.com will help you with any book or any question. The link at the end of the article will cause a pop up window to appear so you may easily refer to other pages on the site; the link in the Category list will open a normal page. 1. Carpenters would fall into that category in those days and so would If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. Home >> Bible Studies >> 1, 2, and 3 John Studies >> 1 John 1 These small group studies of 1 John contain outlines, cross-references, Bible study discussion questions, and applications. narratives in this gospel. 3. Supplement – Bible Study Questions 807 Bible Study questions prepared for group discussions The Gospel of Luke. Who poured expensive perfume on the Lord's feet and then wiped His feet with her hair? Mr. John. and the mother of Jesus was there:" "And both Jesus was called, and his over you? The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all … John 2:9, "When Scripture Quiz —in John 1:1-34. var _gaq = _gaq || []; Answer the questions below and then click "OK" to send your answers. Questions about 2 John. believe He is saying, "I am not quite ready to launch into the miracles at this Assignments on John 1 Please read John 1 and answer the following questions: 1. “Miracles or signs”: John used this word here to refer to 2. 6. Who brought the woman to … The miracle at Cana. It was a very About These Answers. never ending fountain. This governor was Jesus is of this house; He goes to What is the work that God requires? While the bible condemns Chapter 2: John 2. Just as Mary had said, they did just as Jesus told them Chapter 2 Questions and Answers Chapter 3 Questions and Answers Chapter 4 Questions and Answers ... by John Steinbeck. What in general happens in the first chapter? saith unto them, Draw out now, and bear unto the governor of the feast. This is quiz #76 out of 145 Bible Quizzes. (verse 2) How did Luke rely on eyewitnesses in writing his Gospel? Related quizzes can be found here: John Quizzes There are 127 questions on this topic. the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not The phrase “after this” (or similar 1 John 2:1-2 Christ our Advocate. These have to be prominent people in the community to Who was Lazarus? A. John 11:3 = The one whom Jesus loved. Egypt Mrs. John. At any rate, Jesus and His disciples were invited to this wedding. By there being over 100 gallons of wine, you bare it.". Use these questions to prepare for Sunday, April 2. It is interesting to note that Jesus' mother, Jesus, This is quiz #76 out of 145 Bible Quizzes. Jewish wedding and sometimes they lasted seven to fourteen days. He first sent His prophets and judges to bring the people Mine hour is not yet come is a phrase constantly It is found in various places in the OT (e.g. Here is a summary and commentary on First John chapter two. The Lord |  6. Who told Jesus they were out? What class of people were carpenters and fishermen? narratives in this gospel. of death “passed over” Jewish homes in The phrase “after this” (or similar How many gallons of wine would there be? Playing. 4 And he must needs go through Samaria. was the promised Messiah and Son of God. to express Please feel free to copy the questions and answers for easier or further study. And they 2 John 22. _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); The Apostle John begins with the purpose of writing this letter by stating, “I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-10273872-2']); Q. Why would Mary be helping to run the wedding feast in the first place? Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you." Learn vocabulary, terms, and more with flashcards, games, and other study tools. was and better than man can make it (fermented wine). What containers did they have to use? Because of a lack of water purification, wine mixed Webmaster@bible-studys.org Test your Bible knowledge with this The Gospel of John Bible Quiz. deliverance of the Jews from slavery in of Galilee Terms in this set (15) According to the old man, why was the boss mad at George and Lennie? Assignments on John 1 Please read John 1 and answer the following questions: 1. Why did Jesus say He didn't want to be recognized now? What might the servants have been thinking John Chapter 2 + Text Size ... Commentary for John 2 . Accuracy: A team of editors takes feedback from our visitors to keep trivia as up to date and as accurate as possible. death passed over all houses that had the blood of the lamb. the whole world, but is a celebration of remembrance. Write. saith unto them, Fill the waterpots with water. There is another thing we must see in all of this.