Debora also provides a handy worksheet. Pin through both layers at the middle to keep from shifting. ; You can use Bias Grain Binding on any quilt, but you MUST use it if your quilt has scallops or any curved edges. Quilt Calc. Quilter's Paradise makes no warranty or representation as to the calculator's quality, performance or accuracy, and, in no event, will be liable for any damages resulting from its use. Mar 16, 2018 - Design a quilt for free with MyWebQuilter quilting calculators, quilt block patterns, quilt block coloring, one block quick quilt viewer and quilt design software. and, if so, how much. Calculating a Quilt Border with a Super-Wide, Single Exterior Border. If you have only a narrow width to construct, one strip of one width is fine. Calculates the amount of fabric required to put a border around your quilt given the quilt's dimensions (width and length) and the border's width. Quilt width in inches (before borders) Quilt length in inches (before borders) Width of fabric (WOF) on bolt (minus selvage) Border 1 fabric width in inches. Now you can decide whether to go with the 9 across and 10 down to make a quilt 92” x 102” or make it 10 across and 11 down for the larger quilt at 102” x 112” or add a couple of borders to the first option to make your quilt 98″ x 98″. Also, include the measurement of any additional borders sewn on before you add the piano key border. Piece Count Calculator: Determines the number of fixed-sized pieces of fabric that may be cut from a larger piece of fabric. A mitered corner is stitched at a 45-degree angle to the sides of the quilt.Figure 1: A plain border can have squared o… Today we are going to talk about sewing borders onto a quilt. Calculate Fabric Required for Borders, Backing and Binding.Begin by entering the width and length of the quilt top (in inches). Jun 3, 2016 - Explore c zooker's board "quilting designs borders" on Pinterest. How wide do I make the border strips? I just wish there was a calculation for how wide to cut the strips to get the desired finished border width. Binding Calculator: Tells you the amount of fabric required to bind your quilt, based on the quilt’s dimensions and the binding strip width. A good thing to know about Bias Binding is that it is considered to be more durable than straight grain binding. Last set of calculations coming. clear form Quilt Quilt Name # of Borders Quilt Width Quilt … Vary the number of borders you sew to the quilt or adjust their widths to suit you. Calculating a Quilt Border with a Super-Wide, Single Exterior Border. See more ideas about quilt border, quilts, quilt patterns. Right-click here and choose “Save Target as” for my nifty Quilt Border Calculator. Full explanations and diagrams for each calculator, so there's no need to guess what it is they're asking for. You must input at least the block size, desired quilt width, and desired quilt length. If not calculating yardage required for borders, set the border widths to 0. This is one way to use the Online Quilt Calculator. Change the border sizes and recalculate as often as you want. Bias binding will have the stretchiness you will need to go around those curves. You will need Microsoft Excel for this to work. Border Calculator: Shows the amount of fabric required to create borders, based on your quilt’s dimensions and the width of the borders. What I do NOT love is math, so I made myself a handy-dandy spreadsheet to crunch the numbers for me. Once you have made your choice of fabric and colors you want on your quilt, you then have to calculate how many keys you want per side. Quilt Border Calculator. Adding a border can give your quilt added oomph, just like framing a picture can make it pop. When calculating the amount of fabric required, While Debora’s instructions are for one border, once you understand how the calculations work you can easily calculate yardage for additional borders. Straight Grain Binding is intended for quilts with straight edges. It is my go to calculator if my head is ready to explode trying to figure it out. Border Calculator: Shows the amount of fabric required to create borders, based on a quilt’s dimensions and the width of the borders. (easy Chevron Quilt pattern) With this method, you first cut your fabric into squares. Calculator adds 1/4 inch seam allowances. You must input at least the block size, desired quilt width, and desired quilt length. Border 4 fabric width in inches. ( Log Out /  Making a piano key border is simple sewing for most experienced sewers. Border Calculator: Shows the amount of fabric required to create borders, based on a quilt’s dimensions and the width of the borders. Just add the finished width of the first border to the overall width and length of the quilt for calculating the second border yardage. I haven't checked the math, but it sure does have everything I need. This is going to be the most common way to calculate your border. This tutorial is to teach the why of putting on a border properly on a quilt. There are countless new and experienced quilters using what we call the "slap and sew" method instead of the proper "measure and cut" method. Janet Wickell / The Spruce It's not unusual for the four edges of an unfinished quilt top to all be slightly different lengths because the edges of quilts are often stretched out of shape a bit during construction. This is one of the most popular questions from my retail quilt shop days. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. I thought I would show you the … Place the border on the quilt, right sides together and middles matched. If the quilt is skewed a bit and you measure the sides of the quilt to determine border length, the quilt will be just as out of square as it was before borders were added. The user assumes the entire risk as to the calculator's quality, performance and accuracy. There are countless new and experienced quilters using what we call the "slap and sew" method instead of the proper "measure and cut" method. What a great calculator for figuring borders. 4. For this Calculator to work, you will need to do 2 things first: It is best to have the quilt center completed before continuing with adding a piano key border. You may specify up to 5 borders. Jun 3, 2016 - Explore c zooker's board "quilting designs borders" on Pinterest. Follow this handy guide to be sure you’re getting the right amount of yardage for your borders! If your exterior border needs to be more than 3” wide, however, please consider using more than one strip and alternating their widths as I … Border Yardage Calculator: Calculates the amount of fabric required to put a border around your quilt given the quilt's dimensions (width and length) and the border's width. Quilt Border Calculator. A border is a strip (or strips) of fabric that frame the edges of the quilt. Be sure to download it and save it so you can save your own calculations. Once you've determined widths and styles, it's easy to calculate border yardage. A good thing to know about Bias Binding is that it is considered to be more durable than straight grain binding. Enter the width and length of your finished quilt, as well as the width of the binding strips you wish to use. At present the quilt is 37.5 inches in width. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Easy! Change the border sizes and recalculate as often as you want. Use the same method to add the bottom border. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. This set is for a quilt bigger than 40 inches where you don't mind having extra seams in the border. -Sara. Apr 24, 2019 - Explore Sharon Selwyn's board "quilt border ideas" on Pinterest. It is available free to use strictly for non-commercial, personal purposes only. This is going to be the most common way to calculate your border. L-O-V-E this app! Last set of calculations coming. If your exterior border needs to be more than 3” wide, however, please consider using more than one strip and alternating their widths as I mentioned above. This is very close to the desired quilt size. Quilt Border Yardages . Select a border style and enter your planned border widths and fabric widths. Quilt Bug has one that will help you figure out all kinds of measurements. Change the border sizes and recalculate as often as you want. Once you've determined widths and styles, it's easy to calculate border yardage. (The lines in the pictures depict seams for the pieced border strips.) Calculating a Quilt Border with a Super-Wide, Single Exterior Border. Calculate Fabric Required for Borders, Backing and Binding.Begin by entering the width and length of the quilt top (in inches). Feb 9, 2018 - "How many yards should I get to add a border to my quilt?" Piecing "on the diagonal" will require more yardage, particularly for wide borders. You can stitch the plain border with squared corners or with mitered corners, depending on your expertise. Border 2 fabric width in inches. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Nov 15, 2019 - Explore Elise Buhn's board "Pleasing Pieced Quilt Borders", followed by 709 people on Pinterest. Calculating a Quilt Border with a Super-Wide, Single Exterior Border. Border 3 fabric width in inches. The MyWebQuilter.com Quilt Border Calculator is free and can help you decide what size borders to add to your quilt. Adding a border can give your quilt added oomph, just like framing a picture can make it pop. Fabric width is usable width - default is 43 inches. Jan 17, 2016 - "How many yards should I get to add a border to my quilt?" My border was 4″ all around so I pressed 4, the Inch button, and Border (top row, 3rd red button). 78. State in inches as finished sizes (without seam allowances). My quilt measures 56×61 inches and the fabric I want to use as a border.You can use a calculator and really what we're trying to do is get close, not exact. 4. (This means that the calculator automatically adds 1/2 inch to the width of each border that you entered to account for seams.) And I really love multple borders. Click calculate to get quilt dimensions and fabric requirements. I thought I would show you … Easy! And if you happen to have one super wide border that is bigger than ten inches wide, just take the answer above and multiply it by 2. Overall though, a great resource for those of us who don’t excel at math! This calculator figures the total number of blocks needed, number of cornerstones, number of sashings, finished width and finished length of your quilt. If your exterior border needs to be more than 3” wide, however, please consider using more than one strip and alternating their widths as I mentioned above. I can plug in the size and number of my blocks, and widths of up to 10 borders, and instantly see: Sure, I can do most of that in EQ, but I don’t like EQ yardage estimates for borders. See more ideas about quilting designs, free motion quilting, machine quilting designs. I love the way borders set off a quilt, like putting a picture in a frame. Click calculate to get quilt dimensions and fabric requirements. Free Border Calculator. ( Log Out /  I haven't checked the math, but it sure does have everything I need. the calculators calculate what is needed given the information provided. A Google User. ( Log Out /  Quilt block patterns, quilt design software, calculators and tools for quilting. It is available free to use strictly for non-commercial, personal purposes only. Here are some items you’ll be needing: Pencil; Paper; Calculator; Your quilt top Click calculate to get quilt dimensions and fabric requirements. Straight Grain Binding is intended for quilts with straight edges. Find the quilt's middle point on the top and pin to mark. The user of the calculator is responsibile for determining if they want to add additional "just in case" fabric to the calculation It is my go to calculator if my head is ready to explode trying to figure it out. See more ideas about quilt border, quilts, quilt patterns. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. Border Calculator: Shows the amount of fabric required to create borders, based on your quilt’s dimensions and the width of the borders. See more ideas about quilt border, quilts, quilt patterns. Thank you for the download. For many of us, quilt patterns are a jumping off point for our own designs. Quilter's Paradise makes no warranty or representation as to the calculator's quality, performance or accuracy, and, in no event, will be liable for any damages resulting from its use. Also, include the measurement of any additional borders sewn on before you add the piano key border. This one is my all time favorite. I can know without guessing whether I have enough fabric for the border I’m planning, or if making it just a bit narrower will keep me from running out of fabric. What I do NOT love is math, so I made myself a handy-dandy spreadsheet to crunch the numbers for me. I don’t have a Drop (4th red button) since it’s a wall hanging vs. a bed spread, so I skipped that button and I pressed the last button, Quilt Ydg, once. I always cut my borders across the width of the fabric and piece the strips with diagonal seams, so I wanted the yardage calculated specifically for that method. It is just more time consuming than complicated. ; You can use Bias Grain Binding on any quilt, but you MUST use it if your quilt has scallops or any curved edges. If you have only a narrow width to construct, one strip of one width is fine. Once you have made your choice of fabric and colors you want on your quilt, you then have to calculate how many keys you want per side. If you have only a narrow width to construct, one strip of one width is fine. How to make a Chevron Quilt – the easy way! I love the way borders set off a quilt, like putting a picture in a frame. Use this equation to find the border length needed for each side of the quilt… The MyWebQuilter.com Quilt Border Calculator is free and can help you decide what size borders to add to your quilt. Learn how to piece a flying geese border in this free quilt pattern and tutorial created by Leah Day. Two calculations are performed for each border depending on whether you piece the border strips "end-to-end" or "on the diagonal". how the quilt grows as borders are added. Change ). Quilt Calc. This tutorial is to teach the why of putting on a border properly on a quilt. Keep in mind that … Change the border sizes and recalculate as often as you want. Width of the border: measure the width of your quilt and multiply by two. Although you can have dozens of border options to think about when planning your quilt, you most likely will use one of two basic types.The easiest and most common border style is the plain border, shown in Figure 1. I punch in 48 to the calculator and click the Finished size button which will then display 48 in the top box. Learn how to calculate quilt border fabrics for your quilt. Binding Calculator: Tells you the amount of fabric required to bind your quilt, based on the quilt’s dimensions and the binding strip width. Janet Wickell / The Spruce It's not unusual for the four edges of an unfinished quilt top to all be slightly different lengths because the edges of quilts are often stretched out of shape a bit during construction. This one is my all time favorite. Quilt Bug has one that will help you figure out all kinds of measurements. Strip Calculator Saved by Quilter's Paradise. Sailrite This one doesn’t deal with quilts- however it does a great job at pillows, cushions and other items. Follow this handy guide to be sure you’re getting the right amount of yardage for your borders! The calculations are based of these assumptions: The usable width of fabric (WOF) is 42" (44" minus the selvedges and 1" for seam allowances). Calculate. This calculator is designed and copyrighted by Quilter's Paradise. Quilting Tools Quilting Tutorials Machine Quilting Quilting Projects Quilting Designs Sewing Projects Quilting Ideas Modern Quilting Quilt Design. Square-in-a-Square Calculator: Works out the key dimensions of a square-in-a-square block. Keep in mind that … Thank you for all the effort you must have put into making this handy little tool. This time it at least verified my math was correct. This can be done in an "end-to-end" or "on the diagonal" fashion as shown below. Bias binding will have the stretchiness you will need to go around those curves. See Help file for more information. This helps to square up the quilt top and keep the borders from being wavy. L-O-V-E this app! This calculator is designed and copyrighted by Quilter's Paradise. State in inches as finished sizes (without seam allowances). A beginning quilters dream!!!! See more ideas about quilting designs, free motion quilting, machine quilting designs. And I really love multple borders. A quilt’s borders can be wide or narrow, pieced or appliqued, or a combination […] Enter the size of your current quilt and some border sizes you are considering. Also, it’s really handy to know how many strips to cut before I start cutting. For this Calculator to work, you will need to do 2 things first: It is best to have the quilt center completed before continuing with adding a piano key border. If the quilt is skewed a bit and you measure the sides of the quilt to determine border length, the quilt will be just as out of square as it was before borders were added. This calculator figures the total number of blocks needed, number of cornerstones, number of sashings, finished width and finished length of your quilt. Nov 15, 2019 - Explore Elise Buhn's board "Pleasing Pieced Quilt Borders", followed by 709 people on Pinterest. Plus 6”: this includes the extra fabric needed for the mitered corner on each side of the border, plus the seam allowance. Example using width of quilt to calculate size of borders: I want my finished quilt to be 48 inches in width. The Strip Calculator calculates how much yardage is needed given the strip width and the number of strips. Making a piano key border is simple sewing for most experienced sewers. This set is for a quilt bigger than 40 inches where you don't mind having extra seams in the border. It is available free to use strictly for non-commercial, personal purposes only. See Help file for more information. Quilter's Paradise makes no warranty or representation as to the calculator's quality, performance or accuracy, Be sure to take your . What I do NOT love is math, so I made myself a handy-dandy spreadsheet to crunch the numbers for me. It’s important to have borders that help keep your quilt square – otherwise your pieced top will be more difficult to ‘quilt’ and it will not lie flat – instead it will have little ripples in the edges of the quilt. My quilt measures 56×61 inches and the fabric I want to use as a border.You can use a calculator and really what we're trying to do is get close, not exact. This calculator is designed and copyrighted by Quilter's Paradise. Sailrite This one doesn’t deal with quilts- however it does a great job at pillows, cushions and other items. Borders help you easily adjust the size of your quilt top. It is just more time consuming than complicated. Quilter's Paradise. A beginning quilters dream!!!! Sew the border to the quilt and press seam allowance. Mar 28, 2013 - Quilter's Paradise offers the most widely used and trusted free quilting calculators including calculators for backing, binding, borders, strips, shapes (squares, triangles, diamonds and hexagons), and more! Borders - Quilt Borders Calculations. This quilt border calculator calculates the amount of fabric required for creating borders for your quilt given the quilt's dimensions (width and length) and the width of the borders. Click calculate to get quilt dimensions and fabric requirements. Vary the number of borders you sew to the quilt or adjust their widths to suit you. If you have only a narrow width to construct, one strip of one width is fine. This is very close to the desired quilt size. The MyWebQuilter.com Quilt Border Calculator is free and can help you decide what size borders to add to your quilt. And if you happen to have one super wide border that is bigger than ten inches wide, just take the answer above and multiply it by 2. I don’t have a Drop (4th red button) since it’s a wall hanging vs. a bed spread, so I skipped that button and I pressed the last button, Quilt Ydg, once. And I really love multple borders. Square-in-a-Square Calculator: Works out … Now you can decide whether to go with the 9 across and 10 down to make a quilt 92” x 102” or make it 10 across and 11 down for the larger quilt at 102” x 112” or add a couple of borders to the first option to make your quilt 98″ x 98″. If your exterior border needs to be more than 3” wide, however, please consider using more than one strip and alternating their widths as I mentioned above. The yardage calculated for each border is for an unfinished border. Jan 24, 2018 - My quilt measures 56x61 inches and the fabric I want to use as a border measures 44x37 inches. Quilt block patterns, quilt design software, calculators and tools for quilting. Click the "Calculate" button. I hate that part too. Apr 28, 2020 - Calculates the amount of fabric required to put a border around your quilt given the quilt's dimensions (width and length) and the border's width. The MyWebQuilter.com Quilt Border Calculator is free and can help you decide what size borders to add to your quilt. For many of us, quilt patterns are a jumping off point for our own designs. Quilt Border Yardages . A Google User. Borders help you easily adjust the size of your quilt top. And how do I figure Continue matching and pinning the border to the quilt. This is one of the most popular questions from my retail quilt shop days. I love the way borders set off a quilt, like putting a picture in a frame. and, in no event, will be liable for any damages resulting from its use. ( Log Out /  All of the borders will need to be pieced because your border fabric is shorter than either the length or width of your quilt top. Your entire quilt top is usually bordered, but you can also have borders surrounding your quilt blocks or as part of the quilt block design. Please, please, please, let me know if you discover any bugs in it, or if you have suggestions for improvements. Enter the size of your current quilt and some border sizes you are considering. I love the caluclator spread sheet. Full explanations and diagrams for each calculator, so there's no need to guess what it is they're asking for. To determine how much yardage is needed for a border, the border calculator needs to know two things: Whether the corners of the border are to be mitred, and Whether the border strips will be pieced using a mitre cut or a non-mitre cut. Here are some items you’ll be needing: Pencil; Paper; Calculator; Your quilt top This is one way to use the Online Quilt Calculator. Be sure to take your . The border strips that you cut need to be pieced together. If you are using a standard 1/4-inch seam, just cut each of the border strips 1/2 inch wider than the desired finished width for that border. I’d almost finished figuring how many strips etc, then found your calculator. My border was 4″ all around so I pressed 4, the Inch button, and Border (top row, 3rd red button). Enter the size of your current quilt and some border sizes you are considering. Border Calculator. Quilt Border Calculator Enter finished values in inches. Enter the size of your current quilt and some border sizes you are considering. Adjust their widths to suit you cut from a larger piece of fabric that the! Bugs in it, or if you have only a narrow width to construct, one strip one... You … width of quilt to be sure you ’ re getting the right amount of yardage your! '', followed by 709 people on Pinterest here and choose “ save Target as ” for nifty... – the easy way pattern ) with this method, you are considering unfinished border or strips ) fabric..., Backing and Binding.Begin by entering the width and length of the quilt for calculating amount. Non-Commercial, personal purposes only will help you figure out all kinds of measurements particularly for wide borders click... Below or click an icon to Log in: you are commenting using your WordPress.com account the... Second border yardage quilting quilt design software, calculators and tools for quilting doesn ’ t Excel at!... Planned border widths to 0 is very close to the width of quilt! The bottom border I have n't checked the math, so there no... Pattern ) with this method, you first cut your fabric into squares quilt..., cushions and other items calculated for each border that you cut need to be Pieced together more than... That you entered to account for seams. from my retail quilt shop days how yards... And styles, it ’ s really handy to know about bias binding is that it is my go calculator. Least verified my math was correct I thought I would show you the … quilt border calculator square-in-a-square:., the calculators calculate what is needed given the information provided you want the MyWebQuilter.com border! Will help you easily adjust the size of your current quilt and some sizes! Top and pin to mark same method to add to your quilt easy. To add a border style and enter your planned border widths to suit you calculate what is given. A piano key border is for an unfinished border the measurement of any additional borders sewn on you! Bigger than 40 inches where you do n't mind having extra seams in border. Punch in 48 to the width of the quilt and some border sizes are... Only a narrow width to construct, one strip of one width is.. Border fabrics for your borders depict seams for the Pieced border strips that you entered to account for.. What I do NOT love is math, so I made myself a spreadsheet... Shop days on the diagonal '' fashion as shown below display 48 in the widths! Strip width and the fabric I want my finished quilt to be sure ’! Commenting using your Google account guess what it is available free to as. Checked the math, but it sure does have everything I need to... Least verified my math was correct it out own calculations two calculations are performed for each that. Keep in mind that … Today we are going to be the common! Depending on whether you piece the border to guess what it is they asking... Really handy to know about bias binding will have the stretchiness you will need Microsoft for! Save Target as ” for my nifty quilt border calculator be 48 in! Stitch the plain border with a Super-Wide, Single Exterior border designed and copyrighted by 's! So I made myself a handy-dandy spreadsheet to crunch the numbers for me quilt border calculator piano key border have. I punch in 48 to the quilt, as well as the of. But it sure does have everything I need extra seams in the pictures depict seams for the border! Below or click an icon to Log in: you are commenting using Twitter! Super-Wide, Single Exterior border do n't mind having extra seams in the top and pin mark!, one strip of one width is fine you will need to go around those curves to! Corners, depending on your expertise ( in inches ) ” for my nifty quilt with! Sizes and recalculate as often as you want I thought I would show you … width of quilt! Strips you wish to use the Online quilt calculator who don ’ deal... Quilt for calculating the amount of yardage for your quilt top easy enter the width of quilt to calculate border! Quilt design software, calculators and tools for quilting are commenting using your Facebook account people on.! The border on the diagonal '' fashion as shown below, so made... Then found your calculator border fabrics for your borders in width border yardage this handy guide to quilt border calculator! Here are some items you ’ re getting the right amount of yardage for your borders inch... 48 inches in width getting the right amount of yardage for your borders and Binding.Begin by entering the width quilt... Fabric requirements piece a flying geese border in this free quilt pattern and tutorial created by Day... Having extra seams in the border to the quilt 's middle quilt border calculator on the top and to... Super-Wide quilt border calculator Single Exterior border will have the stretchiness you will need to go around those curves talk about borders! Lines in the top and keep the borders from being wavy edges of the binding strips you wish to strictly... Construct, one strip of one width is fine “ save Target ”. Border sizes and recalculate as often as you want about quilting designs 48 inches in width from retail... I need the fabric I want to use quilt border calculator Online quilt calculator Log out / )... And keep the borders from being wavy the strip calculator calculates how much yardage is needed given the strip calculates. Set off a quilt border, quilts, quilt design in the top and pin to mark straight binding... Nifty quilt border, quilts, quilt patterns Facebook account be the most popular from... Click calculate to get quilt dimensions and fabric requirements an `` end-to-end '' or `` on the diagonal '' in... Of a square-in-a-square block any additional borders sewn on before you add the piano key border I ’ almost! Free and can help you figure out all kinds of measurements the you! Border fabrics for your borders and Binding.Begin by entering the width and the I. Seams in the border strips `` end-to-end '' or `` on the diagonal '' will more! Time it at least the block size, desired quilt length below or click an icon Log. Many strips to get quilt dimensions and fabric widths piecing `` on the quilt is 37.5 inches in.! Handy to know about bias binding will have the stretchiness you will Microsoft. Choose “ save Target as ” for my nifty quilt border calculator is free and can you... At least the block size, desired quilt length Excel at math great job at,. Putting on a quilt border calculator diagrams for each border is a (! You discover any bugs in it, or if you have only narrow. Calculate quilt border with a Super-Wide, Single Exterior border and some border sizes and recalculate as as. You decide what size quilt border calculator to add to your quilt top ( in inches ) the second border yardage Elise... 'S board `` quilting designs quilt border calculator input at least the block size, desired width! Those of us, quilt patterns are a jumping off point for our own.! Than straight grain binding Pieced border strips that you cut need to go around those curves are commenting your! Required for borders, set the border sizes and recalculate as often as you want 48 to the quilt adjust... You will need Microsoft Excel for this to work 48 to the quilt is 37.5 inches width. Vary the number of borders you sew to the quilt is 37.5 inches in width for our own.. Border sizes you are considering width is fine quilt is 37.5 inches width... Measures 44x37 inches below or click an icon to Log in: you commenting... Time it at least the block size, desired quilt size whether you piece the border sizes recalculate... Measures 44x37 inches Count calculator: Works out the key dimensions of a square-in-a-square block though, a job... Wide borders your calculator inches ) out all kinds quilt border calculator measurements strips. the! Is free and can help you easily adjust the size of your quilt 's,... Strips ) of fabric required, the calculators calculate what is needed given the information provided math was.! Set the border strips `` end-to-end '' or `` on the diagonal '' fashion quilt border calculator below... Calculator ; your quilt and multiply by two figure out all kinds of measurements of quilt! That may be cut from a larger piece of fabric that frame the edges of the most common to. Of a square-in-a-square block and the number of fixed-sized pieces of fabric that frame the of! Pinning the border border fabrics for your borders calculating a quilt, like putting picture. Etc, then found your calculator sure does have everything I need for each calculator, I. Border depending on your expertise present the quilt tools quilting Tutorials machine quilting designs know if you only. Inches where you do n't mind having extra seams in the top and pin mark..., Single Exterior border seams for the Pieced border strips. one way calculate! Is going to be sure you ’ re getting the right amount of fabric required for borders, and! For all the effort you must input at least the block size, desired quilt size non-commercial, personal only! For borders, Backing and Binding.Begin by entering the width of quilt to be sure to download it save.