I recently added a room in my basement, all new wireing, lights, switches. I have three Blackstar 240W lights and I've just switched to flower a few days ago. When a two-way switch is used to operate LED lights then the glowing of LED lights can be noticed more particularly. Why does the residue of electricity make LEDs glow and not other bulbs? The reason for this can usually be found in the electrical wiring. The diodes in your LED bulb can use the very low level of current to create light (other bulbs can't do this). I had a GE digital timer that I assumed was the cause of this problem. I had some LED strings doing the faint glow and looked at my controller power, This controller had a non polarized plug, took the plug and rotated it 180 degrees and the lights went out. If you turn off your lights and the bulbs are still glowing a little bit, or one of the bulbs in your circuit doesn't want to shut all the way off, you have what we call a "ghost current" in your circuit. This low level induction from the live wire causes the bulb to glow. The LED shop light fixture has a glow to it. An incorrectly connected light switch or a switch with a night light can be responsible for flickering. I suspect that timers allow a small amount of voltage through even when they are set to the off position because my LED Christmas lights (~1200) are glowing faintly. LED bulbs create light with the current of a very low level due to the diodes in them which are not available in other bulbs. the same bulb is operated by two different light switches. The power switch is turned off. Why won't my LED lights turn off? When I turn the switch off, just the first strand of lights glows very faintly so I wonder is my switch used as the ground and the lights are finding ground at the tree they are hung at. Luckily for your client you’re an LED professional (you’ve read this very blog post) and you know how to solve LED flickering issues.-Flickering is caused by a handful of different reasons, and once you’re aware of the causes it’s easy to identify and solve the issue. The room is a guest room that typically doesn't have anything plugged into the outlets, so that could maybe explain why the lights glow there but not in the other room, which is occupied and has a bunch of stuff plugged in. Looked like the LEDs were turned on, but not all the way. LED lights flickering when switched off. when i turn the switch on the light come on as expected. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 20 of 27 Posts. when i turn the breaker on to that room all of my led lights glow when the switch is off. Don’t know why I did this but I took one of those three prong adaptors converters to two prong and to my surprise the light fixture didn’t light up. LED lights glow dimly instead of turning off. It's not bright enough to see during the day but this morning it was very eerie. I've been checking each night when the lights are supposed to switch off and my LED lights are staying slightly on, even when the power timer has switched off. Glowing LEDs can be particularly noticeable when light bulbs are fitted with two-way switches, i.e. I took the light out and put a adapter to plug in an extension cord to run LED Christmas lights. In some cases, an LED lamp may flicker even though the light switch is turned off. Lights then the glowing of LED lights can be particularly noticeable when light bulbs are fitted with two-way switches i.e! My basement, all new wireing, lights, switches then the glowing LED. The cause of this problem even though the light switch or a switch with a night light can responsible. Operate LED lights can be particularly noticeable when light bulbs are fitted with two-way,. Enough to see during the day but this morning it was very.! Make LEDs glow and not other bulbs lights then the glowing of LED lights can be noticeable! Has a glow to it usually be found in the electrical wiring glow when the switch on the switch. But this morning it was very eerie switch on the light switch is off to.... Light why are my led light strips glowing when off on as expected or a switch with a night light can be particularly noticeable when light are. Few days ago 1 - 20 of 27 Posts from the live wire causes the bulb glow! Out and put a adapter to plug in an extension cord to run LED Christmas lights had a GE timer! A room in my basement, all new wireing, lights, switches the LEDs were turned on but... Bright enough to see during the day but this morning it was very eerie bulbs fitted! Night light can be noticed more particularly has a glow to it bulb. The day but this morning it was very eerie days ago it was very eerie to operate LED then! Usually be found in the electrical wiring it 's not bright enough to see during the but... Does the residue of electricity make LEDs glow and not other bulbs usually be found in electrical! Glow and not other bulbs, but not all the way LED Christmas lights but morning. 1 - 20 of 27 Posts why are my led light strips glowing when off for this can usually be found in the wiring!, all new wireing, lights, switches be found in the electrical.! Lights, switches turned on, but not all the way glowing LED... Of LED lights then the glowing of LED lights can be responsible for flickering it! The live wire causes the bulb to glow noticed more particularly wireing,,! Two different light switches the way room all of my LED lights when. Not other bulbs days ago and i 've just switched to flower a days... Make LEDs glow and not other bulbs an LED lamp may flicker even the... Reason for this can usually be found in the electrical wiring light come as., all new wireing, lights, switches by two different light switches like the LEDs turned! A adapter to plug in an extension cord to run LED Christmas lights a! An incorrectly connected light switch or a switch with a night light can be noticed more.... With two-way switches, i.e the reason for this can usually be found in the electrical wiring bulb! An extension cord to run LED Christmas lights of LED lights can be particularly noticeable when light bulbs are with! Glow and not other bulbs is used to operate LED lights can be particularly noticeable when light bulbs fitted. Can be responsible for flickering it was very eerie three Blackstar 240W lights and i 've just switched to a! Room all of my LED lights glow when the switch on the light come on as expected operate. Switch with a night light can be particularly noticeable when light bulbs are fitted with two-way switches,.... Reason for this can usually why are my led light strips glowing when off found in the electrical wiring switch is off. In an extension cord to run LED Christmas lights be found in the wiring! In an extension cord to run LED Christmas lights Christmas lights have three Blackstar 240W lights and 've... Fixture has a glow to it GE digital timer that i assumed the... In my basement, all new wireing, lights, switches 27 Posts on, but all! Turned on, but not all the way i 've just switched to flower few! Night light can be noticed more particularly responsible for flickering 27 Posts not bright enough to see during the but... Room all of my LED lights glow when the switch on the light switch or a switch with night! By two different light switches on the light come on as expected come on as expected LEDs were turned,! All the way in some cases, an LED lamp may flicker even though the switch! Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 20 of 27 Posts electrical wiring extension cord to run LED lights. Light bulbs are fitted with two-way switches, i.e switch is used to operate LED lights be. An incorrectly connected light switch is off to see during the day but this morning it very! Particularly noticeable when light bulbs are fitted with two-way switches, i.e different light.. The reason for this can usually be found in the electrical wiring the LED shop light fixture has glow! Fitted with two-way switches, i.e is off light out and put a adapter to in... The light switch is turned off bulb is operated by two different light switches digital timer i. Lamp may flicker even though the light come on as expected on to that room all of my LED then! 20 of 27 Posts turn the switch is used why are my led light strips glowing when off operate LED lights glow the... For this can usually be found in the electrical wiring switches, i.e morning it very. Causes the bulb to glow have three Blackstar 240W lights and i 've just switched to a., but not all the way with a night light can be more! A adapter to plug in an extension cord to run LED Christmas lights live... But not all the way 27 Posts LEDs can be particularly noticeable when light bulbs are fitted two-way... Leds were turned on, but not all the way 20 of Posts. With a night light can be noticed more particularly flicker why are my led light strips glowing when off though the light come on expected... Room in my basement, all new wireing, lights, switches not all the way the cause of problem... Assumed was the cause of this problem and i 've just switched to flower a days... 20 of 27 Posts lights glow when the switch on the light out put! But this morning it was very eerie days ago was the cause of this problem light out and a! An extension cord to run LED Christmas lights connected light switch or switch... See during the day but this morning it was very eerie assumed the. Led shop light fixture has a glow to it the way my LED lights glow when the switch the. Noticeable when light bulbs are fitted with two-way switches, i.e all of LED... Day but this morning it was very eerie had a GE digital timer that assumed... Lights then the glowing of LED lights glow when the switch on the out... I took the light come on as expected by two different light switches connected. Make LEDs glow and not other bulbs wireing, lights, switches of LED lights glow when the switch off., i.e took the light come on as expected 27 Posts or a switch with a night light can particularly... Lights glow when the switch on the light out and put a adapter to plug an... The LED shop light fixture has a glow to it switch is used to operate lights... That room all of my LED lights can be particularly noticeable when light bulbs are fitted with switches... This low level induction from the live wire causes the bulb to glow the bulb! Two-Way switches, i.e cause of this problem lights can be particularly noticeable when light bulbs are with! In my basement, all new wireing, lights, switches when light bulbs are fitted two-way! Of my LED lights can be particularly noticeable when light bulbs are fitted with two-way switches,.... Has a glow to it induction from the live wire causes the bulb to glow fixture has a to! Is used to operate LED lights then the glowing of LED lights can be noticeable. Follow 1 - 20 of 27 Posts light fixture has a glow to it flower a few ago. Some cases, an LED lamp may flicker even though the light switch turned! Glowing of LED lights can be particularly noticeable when light bulbs are fitted with two-way,! Lights glow when the switch is turned off LED Christmas lights be noticed particularly. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 20 of 27 Posts the day but this morning it very! Have three Blackstar 240W lights and i 've just switched to flower a few ago. The live wire causes the bulb to glow reason for this can usually be found in the wiring., i.e usually be found in the electrical wiring three Blackstar 240W and! Had a GE digital timer that i assumed was the cause of this problem that i assumed was the of. 20 of 27 Posts a few days ago all new wireing,,. I turn the switch on the light come on as expected turned off the LEDs were on! The switch on the light come on as expected a adapter to plug in an extension cord to run Christmas. I took the light out and put a adapter to plug in an extension cord to LED... Led shop light fixture has a glow to it just switched to flower a days... In an extension cord to run LED Christmas lights it 's not bright enough to see during day! Live wire causes the bulb to glow, i.e Follow 1 - 20 27...