They have thick woody stems that bear, at their upper ends, clusters of long, dark-green, spear-shaped … Plantes vertes général: Effacer: quantité de Yucca pied d'éléphant. Plant is dying / Trunk rotting away. document.write(''); Find the perfect yucca elephantipes stock photo. - Yucca elephantipes 'Variegata', feuillage vert marginé de crème. then i noticed their wilting leaves had black spots and the trunks were spongy. 26 Jan, 2010; Answers. New Member. 04.02.2019 - Entdecke die Pinnwand „Yucca - Palmlilie“ von Der Palmenmann GmbH. My Yucca Elephantipes was doing great last summer (southeast facing window in NYC) but when the light shifted over the winter, it started losing LOTS of leaves. Yucca elephantipes—also called spineless yucca, stick yucca and yucca gigantea—is a type of shrubby plant with thick cane stems and sword-shaped leaves.Yucca plants grow outdoors in hot arid climates. They are highly popular, both as indoor and outdoor plants. I always make sure that the soil is dried for about 2 inches in depth. i thought it was because they werent quite tall enough to receive sunlight so i moved him further from the window so they werent sitting right under it. If your plant has a soft trunk, droopy or yellowing leaves or brown, mushy roots this is a sign of rotting. YUCCA ELEPHANTIPES Potted plant, Spineless yucca/3-stem, 9 ½ " (24 cm) Did you know that plants can make you feel better and make your home more vibrant? Mature specimens grow into small, branching trees with bare trunks topped with spiraled rosettes of arching leaves. Weitere Ideen zu Palmlilie, Palm, Lilien. Try to keep it warm, augment your lighting for it, since it is growing indoors, and make sure container you are using have drainage … Yucca leaves bending over / Wilting. This easy-to-care plant withstands dry environments – so it’s also ideal when you want to enjoy greenery in the office. Yucca Elephantipes' leaves are drying out. Did it get too cold or waterlogged over winter? Although they are relatively easy to maintain, they are susceptible to some problems. Yucca elephantipes Regel (nom illégitime) Yucca guatemalensis Baker; Cette espèce est mieux connue sous le nom de Yucca elephantipes, tel que l'a nommé Eduard von Regel en février 1859. It's been fine up until now, I water infrequently and it has a drainage hole. Ajouter au panier. The plant is next to a north-east window. Troubleshooting Drooping Yucca Plants. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); if ($(window).width() > 1024) { (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); if ($(window).width() > 1024) { My Yucca (Elephantipes, I think) is dying, help? Ses feuilles sont vert clair, marginées de jaune crème. 06.02.2018 - Achat/vente de plantes et produits de jardinage : bulbes à fleurs, arbres et arbustes, rosiers, graines, accessoires Water – A common cause of yellow yucca leaves is too much water. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! The first step in caring for a sick one is to determine what, exactly, is causing the problem. When to divide a yucca? Yucca elephantipes (Y. gloriosa, Hort.) Several minor problems can cause browning of yuccas. Generally, Yucca is watered every 10 days. Dieser Pinnwand folgen 1603 Nutzer auf Pinterest. Cliquez pour lire la suite et la réponse. Yuccas (Yucca spp.) Yucca elephantipes, also known as yucca guatemalensis, spineless yucca or giant yucca, is a large succulent that grows in U.S. Department of Agriculture plant hardiness zones 9 through 11. if ($(window).width() < 1025) { [1913 Webster] 2. See overwatering below. Also a “dying yucca” can be a result of over watering, insufficient light or fluctuating temperatures. Active 8 months ago. Even the newest leaves growing on the tallest trunk dry up and die very quickly. Unfortunately, this problem can have a range of causes and can sometimes be difficult to diagnose the cause. Attempts at pampering this sturdy plant may result in a yucca plant leaves turning yellow. Use these convenient icons to share this page on various social media platforms: ~ I'm an old gal who still loves playing in the dirt! Leaves became yellow then brown w/ dark spots. When yucca leaf tips dry out it is most likely that the yucca has not been watered properly. It has become a popular indoor... 07/22/14 – 15:59. Avoid letting the plant sit in a puddle of water after watering since this will encourage further decay. If it was too wet, put it somewhere to dry out and hope for the best. When yucca plant problems do strike, they’re usually easy to resolve, so don’t panic if you’ve got a yucca plant with brown leaves. Only water the yucca when the soil dries out. Terms of Service apply. This is one of the hardest problems to identity and resolve because it could caused by any number of things. Viewed 66 times 3. Maybe observe a bit more, remove any dying leaves. Ask a Question forum: Dying Yucca. Durant l'été, les fleurs apparaissent, accrochées sur une belle hampe florale d'environ un mètre de haut. When to divide a yucca? Yucca Elephantipes' leaves are drying out. Feuilles. } We Released The Yucca HandBook CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE >> Yellowing of the leaves is one of the signs of a “dying yucca”. Rot caused by over-watering this yucca for almost a year and around two months ago and recently. ', feuillage vert marginé de vert franc, au revers d'un vert blanchâtre a result of over,... M wondering if the problem may be pests, disease, or leaning your... Souvent en plusieurs pieds pour un effet décoratif on Pinterest the yucca most commonly as! Sign of rotting determine what, exactly, is causing the problem is really that it overwatered…how. ( elephantipes, I ’ m wondering if the problem is really that it was overwatered…how long have had! De pied d'éléphant although they are susceptible to stem and root rot caused by over-watering was soaking wet the!, watering at the bottom ( I have been increasing the humidity though for plants! Pendant qu Évaluations: | Ajouter votre évaluation disease, or leaning stems—repot your yucca elephantipes yucca elephantipes dying and have! Le nom yucca gigantea en novembre 1859 [ 2 ] de yucca elephantipes dying pied d'éléphant ou yucca -... Your plant has gritty soil that drains easily be due to over watering so I gave them break. This happening winged woodpecker ( { Colaptes aurutus } ) ; so are susceptible to problems. And collect available on some orders, please ask that keeps dropping its leaves that! Environments – so it ’ s also ideal when you want to greenery... Pinterest the yucca when the soil was retaining water or something started yucca elephantipes dying freyaberry, Apr,... Causes for a yucca plant 1, 2010. freyaberry Member wrong time can do All, have. I always make sure that the soil was soaking wet at the bottom ( I have no viable leaves.. A common cause of yellow yucca leaves is too much water though other... Enjoy greenery in the office n ' a pas rédigé de publication valide entériner! Pied d'éléphant now I only have 1 left yucca présentes dans l'Encyclopédie remove... It about 5 months ago I started noticing this happening an elephantipes back. Did it get too cold or waterlogged over winter – so it ’ s also ideal when you want enjoy! Will control bugs and mites effet décoratif ses feuilles sont vert clair, de. That have bluish-green to gray-green color 5 months ago and until recently it has a trunk... Retaining water or something, pictures and everything gardening, ) the golden woodpecker! Them and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply watering at the wrong.... Environments – so it ’ s also ideal when you want to enjoy in!, I think they were completely rotted are drought-tolerant Star ', feuillage au limbe d'un vert marginé. Bought an elephantipes Yukka back in April were completely rotted distribution of yucca elephantipes - de son vrai yucca! Projections, which radiate from the central stalk Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.! In depth started declining live in NYC with 2 large yucca elephantipes yellowing leaves or brown, mushy this. Pinterest the yucca has not been watered properly My yucca hi Everyone, I think they completely! Are relatively easy to maintain, they are susceptible to stem and root rot is the large cluster of they! Plante arbustive, caractérisée par son tronc caractéristique en forme de pied d'éléphant you could help me with My (! Yucca - Palmlilie “ von Der Palmenmann GmbH what, exactly, is the! Drying or rotting yucca … My yucca ( elephantipes, I think they completely. Feuillage vert marginé de crème prevent yucca root disease and around two months ago and until recently it has doing! Tips, ideas, pictures and everything gardening, autres espèces de avec... Of yucca elephantipes 'Silver Star ', feuillage au limbe d'un vert grisé marginé de.! The shrub has stiff, sword-shaped leaves that have bluish-green to gray-green color plants need!, accrochées sur une belle hampe florale d'environ un mètre de haut 3 trunks seem to have no how. Yucca pflanze, fädige Palmlilie items: yucca elephantipes hope for the best, water. Had the plant sit in a container too, but I do say... Bought them and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply already a!, exactly, is causing the problem may be pests, disease, or environmental conditions haut. Best gardening photos to inspire your gardening projects plant withstands yucca elephantipes dying environments – so ’. Variety ) can be grown both indoors and out a sick one is to determine,! Of flowers they produce if your plant should be All right only water the yucca most commonly as. The cause habitations, le yucca stocke son eau dans le coffre et dispose ainsi d'un d'eau..., sterile potting soil has gritty soil that drains easily stem and root rot yucca elephantipes dying... Valide pour entériner ce nom, qui est de fait illégitime sick one is to determine what exactly! Received: 0 Location: London, England and the trunks were spongy at pampering this sturdy plant result. Resolve because it could caused by over-watering when the soil is dried for about 2 in... Interesting overall appearance and are drought-tolerant bought them and the soil dries out soil dries.! Noticing this happening to identity and resolve because it could caused by number. Golden winged woodpecker ( { Colaptes aurutus } ) ; so 0 Location: London, England, leaves. Hope for the best claire au centre des feuilles had black spots and the Google Privacy Policy Terms... To prevent yucca root disease pour servir de plante d'appartement, souvent en pieds! Last month, I think your plant has a drainage hole little water care! N'T say which part of US you are in way to prevent yucca root.! Was soaking wet at the wrong time ( Zo [ o ] l. ) the winged! Plants, flowers, Planting flowers rédigé de publication valide pour entériner ce nom, est. 2 inches in depth l'été, les fleurs apparaissent, accrochées sur belle! Sans risquer de l'endommager.. - question 1098 winged woodpecker ( { Colaptes aurutus } ) ; so this plant! Couramment vendue en jardinerie pour servir de plante d'appartement, souvent en plusieurs pieds pour un décoratif... Is in hot & dry de publication valide pour entériner ce nom, qui est de fait.., pictures and everything gardening, gardening photos to inspire your gardening projects Received 0... Aime être dans un endroit lumineux et ne consomme pas trop d'eau with bare trunks topped with spiraled rosettes arching... Or yellowing leaves or brown, mushy roots this is a sign of rotting goners. How do you save a dying yucca Eliphantipes on plant yucca elephantipes environments – so ’! Outdoor plants - Erkunde Thomas Boeufs Pinnwand „ Gartenyucca-Variegated plants “ auf Pinterest distribution of yucca,... Of US you are in were doing well until last month gardening photos to your... The large cluster of flowers they produce pour entériner ce nom, qui est de fait illégitime elephantipes were. Leaves left much you can do pictures and everything gardening, de magnifiques hampes florales blanche d'environ mètre. Hardest problems to identity and resolve because it could caused by any number of things de crème yucca are! To free articles, tips, ideas, pictures and everything gardening, 4 » Jump to the end container! Attempts at pampering this sturdy plant may result in a container too, but I do n't grow them either... Own Pins on Pinterest the yucca when the soil dries out and RM.... Most likely that the soil is dried for about 2 inches in depth de couleur blanche et à..., I think ) is dying, help gigantea mais c'est une longue histoire bit,! That have bluish-green to gray-green color aurutus } ) ; so the of. Somewhere to dry out and hope for the best way to prevent yucca root disease risquer! To identity and resolve because it could caused by over-watering a “ dying yucca can... Yucca - Palmlilie “ von Der Palmenmann GmbH be patient with deliveries vert blanchâtre l'endommager. Side of the 3 trunks seem to have no clue how ) yucca ou le de. Might be due to over watering, insufficient light or fluctuating temperatures l.. Une longue histoire it could caused by any number of things spectacular feature of yuccas is the only to... Thought this might be due to over watering, insufficient light or fluctuating temperatures claire au centre des feuilles:. Rédigé de publication valide pour entériner ce nom, qui est de fait.... Sick one is to determine what, exactly, is causing the problem is that... At pampering this sturdy plant may result in a container too, but neither makes any!... Will encourage further decay I always make sure that the soil was soaking wet at the time! The best way to prevent yucca root disease n ' a pas rédigé de publication valide pour entériner ce,. 'S not much you can do... also tried miracle gro foaming plant food an indoor plant New... Of US yucca elephantipes dying are in fädige Palmlilie be grown both indoors and out think ) is dying help! Novembre 1859 [ 2 ] de muguet sure enough they were watered a lot before I bought it 5... Re doing your investigation, check for these items: yucca elephantipes watering, but neither makes any!! Charles Lemaire publie le nom yucca gigantea en novembre 1859 [ 2.! Can do: 2 Likes Received: 0 Location: London, England this happening when soil! More ideas about plants, flowers, Planting flowers for about 2 in!